Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Help With My Phage

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

I'm working on a Phage build now, its supposed to inflict status on crowds. Because of this, it seemed to make sense to add punch-through, as the more enemies I hit, the more likely I am to inflict a status (the addition of seeking force seemed like my only controversial choice.)

http://goo.gl/zm0ovM

What do you think? I also considered shotgun spazz, as it would cause the beams to focus faster. Also, after testing my Ignis build, I found out that fire-rate does help with inflicting stats, but the Ignis is to ammo-hungry for it to be practical (although it might work on the Phage...)

Edit: Possible Alternate Build: http://goo.gl/oOOfwi

Edited by Snowman486

2 answers to this question

What do you think? I also considered shotgun spazz, as it would cause the beams to focus faster.

As far as I can tell, nothing really affects the focus time. +/- spread or RoF *might* make a *tiny* difference but it's basically negligible. In addition, you'd want to keep it at max spread for a crowd control setup.

Looks pretty good to me. Although I'm not a huge fan of Gas/Elec procs on continuous weapons because I'm pretty sure the damage is going to be small. IIRC it will deal damage based on a single ammo, which works okay on the Phage as the base fire rate is 1. But for the Ignis, for example, damage is based on ammo, which is 1/10th of the proc rate based on per-10-ammo.

Specifically Gas procs will deal 840 with ticks of 280 after, and Elec will deal 561 in a chaining AoE.

So yeah, this would work better than the Ignis setup, but will proc gas less frequently with extra viral procs (which are pretty good too). I'm unsure if hitting an enemy with more than one tentacle increases the proc rate or not - I haven't done specific testing but it seems like the proc rate is the same no matter how focused the beams are, so you should be getting the full 42% per second on each enemy hit by a tentacle.

Ty for the feedback, it sounds like gas/elec might not be the way for me to go. I'll try out some other elemental combos to see if I like anything better (Corrosive/Cold is always useful in void...) I'm actually liking the second build better at this point, as, for a slight sacrifice in dmg and status chance, I'll get both fire-rate and punch-through.

Edit: Also, this build was made with mirage in mind, so, depending on how her holograms work with status procs, I may not even need punch-through...

Edited by Snowman486