Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepy Mirage Spoilers

Llyssa

So, things bothering me about the mirage quest's lore additions:

-There's an inside to helmets.

-Tenno can't actually read(but they still get email).

-The Lotus lies, frequently, and about tactical information at that.

-The Lotus is an Orokin.

-We are exceedingly unimportant to the Lotus(she can't even remember us without outside help).

Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh, and:

-Tenno formerly had the ability to rip off heads without using energy or weapons.

Edited by Llyssa

-The Lotus is an Orokin.

-We are exceedingly unimportant to the Lotus(she can't even remember us without outside help).

Anyone else?

-Tenno formerly had the ability to rip off heads without using energy or weapons.

-

-Where the hell did you get that Tenno can't read?

-When you are a tactician you can't know everything

-Do you usually help the guys who destroyed your entire race? No.

-Where did you get that again? Saving us from the cryopod.Sending a ship to us? Yeah, really unimportant,right?

-The Lotus is an Orokin.

Anyone else?

Yes.

No, Ordis just looked at the parts before us and recorded it or it was hidden

That didn't happen

All we know is she is from their time

False. The way Lotus talked about Mirage was clearly one of pain from losing one of her children.

And for that last one if you have ever been abducted by harvester you'd know our unarmed skills are quite formidable.

Edited by immolator1001

-The Lotus is an Orokin.

Anyone else?

- It has a mouth, and emotions. That we know of.

- The mail is directed to the player, not the Tenno. (Do not remember hearing about the Tenno not being able to read, though.)

- Didn't the Lotus lie to Mirage because she was trying to convince herself, and Mirage, that Mirage could survive?

- We know that. She's Orokin A.I.

- Enlighten me on that subject, as well.

- Tenno were formerly war machines. They forgot too much, after their awakening.

Edited by JRMC

The source is the narrative.

Ordis tells you the text of quest #2 is written on the inside of the helmet. Both he and the Lotus tell you that they'll read it for you, which implies you cannot read it yourself. The same is said of the initial quest artifact--even though it's written on the outside, you can't read it, and have to have it read to you.

During the "memories" of the quests, the Lotus narrates them as they occur to her.

During the first quest, she informs you that she was in charge of the tenno while they were killing sentients(ergo, she's an Orokin), and that mirage was disobeying orders by physically ripping the heads off of enemies, despite being out of energy, shields, and weapons.

During the second quest, it's revealed that mirage was captured despite her best head ripping efforts, and Lotus decides that there's no way to save her, but lies to her saying there's an attack team inbound, hang on a few more minutes--she tells you that mirage figured out she's lying, and that mirage smiled about it.

The Lotus informs you at the conclusion of the second mission that she doesn't remember what happens next, but if we can find the clues, it will help her think about it--this extremely vivid memory set that should be seared into her mind forever is an "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, uh, if you can find something else to help jog my memory, that might be nice, 'cuz I don't remember any more about that..."

EDIT: Oh, and she's *not* an AI. If she was, she wouldn't be able to forget anything.

Edited by Llyssa

-There's an inside to helmets.    Were you expecting helmets not to have an inside to them?

-Tenno can't actually read(but they still get email).    That is never mentioned, not sure where you got that

-The Lotus lies, frequently, and about tactical information at that.   The only time she lies is to tell the trapped Mirage that help is on the way, and that is only to try and comfort her. Mirage knows that she won't be getting help and smiles.

-The Lotus is an Orokin.    Never stated. We only know that she was around during that time period. She could still very easily be an AI or anything else.

-We are exceedingly unimportant to the Lotus(she can't even remember us without outside help).    Again, never mentioned. In fact, it seems we are quite important to the Lotus, shown by the fact that she is saddened by the loss and death of Mirage.

Anyone else?

-Tenno formerly had the ability to rip off heads without using energy or weapons.   We are quite strong as Tenno, we could probably no doubt rip heads off with our bare hands.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

1-There's an inside to helmets.

2-Tenno can't actually read(but they still get email).

3-The Lotus lies, frequently, and about tactical information at that.

4-The Lotus is an Orokin.

5-We are exceedingly unimportant to the Lotus(she can't even remember us without outside help).

Anyone else?

6-Tenno formerly had the ability to rip off heads without using energy or weapons.

1- yes thats why its a helmet... it something you put ontop of your head

2- what gives you the impression that tennos cant read?

3- when does she lie?

4- where did you find that information?

5- lotus dosent even know us since we have been in cryosleep for generations

for some reson she has some kind of link to our frames possibly becous she has been useing some orokin tech

6- where did you get that from?

Ordis tells you the text of quest #2 is written on the inside of the helmet. Both he and the Lotus tell you that they'll read it for you, which implies you cannot read it yourself. The same is said of the initial quest artifact--even though it's written on the outside, you can't read it, and have to have it read to you.

During the "memories" of the quests, the Lotus narrates them as they occur to her.

During the first quest, she informs you that she was in charge of the tenno while they were killing sentients(ergo, she's an Orokin), and that mirage was disobeying orders by physically ripping the heads off of enemies, despite being out of energy, shields, and weapons.

During the second quest, it's revealed that mirage was captured despite her best head ripping efforts, and Lotus decides that there's no way to save her, but lies to her saying there's an attack team inbound, hang on a few more minutes--she tells you that mirage figured out she's lying, and that mirage smiled about it.

The Lotus informs you at the conclusion of the second mission that she doesn't remember what happens next, but if we can find the clues, it will help her think about it--this extremely vivid memory set that should be seared into her mind forever is an "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, uh, if you can find something else to help jog my memory, that might be nice, 'cuz I don't remember any more about that..."

EDIT: Oh, and she's *not* an AI. If she was, she wouldn't be able to forget anything.

Thank you a lot

I heard about that she was an A.I. She may use the word "forget", but she's a really old A.I. at that, much like Ordis. While Ordis glitched, and changed its "emotions" towards the Tenno, the Lotus may not easily access older data. Not to mention that the Lotus itself may be an organization. The Dark Sector world may be connected to the Warframe world, therefore the Lotus organization seems to have been around for quite long.

Edited by JRMC

I don't think the orokin were working alone at all. For a ''advanced race'' it would be the most stupid thing to do.

Reading something for someone doesn't mean that they can't read it themselves. Dude the tenno are hacking things, I really doubt that someone who doesn't have reading skills could do that.

We don't know how old she is. Her memory could fade overtime.

If one of your friend had no chance to be saved what would you do? Say:''Dude you a screwed cya!'' or tell them that there is still hope?

That doesn't imply you can't read... It could also be in Orokin which you have forgotten...

Ya she does that

That doesn't mean she was an Orokin, only that she was existed during that time. The Tenno fought the sentients, that doesn't make them orokin.

She lied out of caring so that her child would not give up hope, so she would keep fighting and possibly live even a tiny bit longer, not wanting her to die without hope. Thats because she cares about the Tenno. Seriously that wasn't malicious at all, you could even hear it in the Lotus' voice...

And she could still be an AI with corrupted data which she is trying to sort through.More clues to what happened could help her restructure her corrupted memory.

Seriously the point of this quest was to make it clear that the Lotus cared about the Tenno.

Ordis tells you the text of quest #2 is written on the inside of the helmet. Both he and the Lotus tell you that they'll read it for you, which implies you cannot read it yourself. The same is said of the initial quest artifact--even though it's written on the outside, you can't read it, and have to have it read to you.    How else would we, the player, be able to read it without it being told ot us? There is no system in the game to have us to investigate items like in say, Skyrim. The simplest way would be having it told to us.

During the first quest, she informs you that she was in charge of the tenno while they were killing sentients(ergo, she's an Orokin), and that mirage was disobeying orders by physically ripping the heads off of enemies, despite being out of energy, shields, and weapons.   Only implies that she existed during that time frame

During the second quest, it's revealed that mirage was captured despite her best head ripping efforts, and Lotus decides that there's no way to save her, but lies to her saying there's an attack team inbound, hang on a few more minutes--she tells you that mirage figured out she's lying, and that mirage smiled about it.   She did so to comfort Mirage and to try and convince herself.

The Lotus informs you at the conclusion of the second mission that she doesn't remember what happens next, but if we can find the clues, it will help her think about it--this extremely vivid memory set that should be seared into her mind forever is an "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, uh, if you can find something else to help jog my memory, that might be nice, 'cuz I don't remember any more about that..."      And? It's obvious that these memories were buried deep and they come in waves when something triggers them. This is something that happens in a lot of media in regards to lost memories.

EDIT: Oh, and she's *not* an AI. If she was, she wouldn't be able to forget anything.   AIs' have brains, they can have some parts corrupted over time or have a literal "memory leak"

It's not that Tenno can't read, it's more like they can't read ancient orokin stuff...

Edit: Hundreds of years in cyrosleep can mess up your language skills lol especially if "Orokin" was a second language to them.

Edited by Momo93

Just because someone is reading something for you because they found it there doesn't mean you can't read. It's like someone picked up a letter and go "Let me read it for you". It doesn't mean I can't read, it just mean that they spotted it first and will do it for me.

Possible the order was to retreat, maybe? I mean, If my char ran out of Energy, Shield and ammo, I would run to extraction too instead of fighting. Mirage probably knew that there was no escape and continued fighting.

When someone's is captured and you care for them, you try and give them hope. Lotus is doing it in this case because she cared. You don't go "Hey, you're captured, you're screwed. Bye! We won't send help." Sadly, Mirage knew she was a lost cause.

In quote.

Wow. I think Llyssa is mostly right. I gotta do this quest now. Mirage ripping off heads sounds like it fits with the Harlequin theme, which was a devilish character. So the lotus probably lied to her because she was ordered to. All this probably drove the lotus to betray the orokin. Now, I'm betting that the lotus is an AI version of the real lotus who did this, and that she doesn't remember everything because at some point in time her memories were copied. Either that, or the lotus is still alive by living in the Void.

Sorry, gotta take this back after playing through the quest.

Edited by AntoineFlemming