Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adiós Parkour Wall Vaulting As We Know It

.Talia.

As for my real post, I have noticed a change and after playing on both PS4 and the computer, I feels to me like it is a meeting between the two. It was tricky with a controller to pull the same moves that are availible to the computer players, or at least this was true until a short time ago. Now it feels as DE has tried to address this by making it "loose" system. When using a controller now I can do a lot of what was only there for the computer players and gives the controller that same type of feel, while at the same time making a bit evening the ground for every player coming in. Just my two cents.

*edit* after reading this was not meant to be in and it will be coming up, makes me really sad. For the first time I thought they were trying to level the field for controller players and keyboard players. I guess they really don't care after all, nvm.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

Zoren Coptering is going no where. The Devs have stated this multiple times, they are leaving the zoren copter in the game.

Also after melee 2.0 there are some melee weapons that seem to copter better. I think that is caused by the stances since they change the slide attack.

Back on topic, I have noticed the wall run vault going away. I also noticed that parkour moves in general seem to not always work as expected. Specifically I have found that wall running up to get into a tunnel fails and vaults me up in the air past the tunnel.

Indeed, taht one HAS to go. If people do it on solo missions, no problem, but doing so on levels where new players are tying to learn the game, only ending up being bashed, bullied and name called by these Zorenchopters.

Belive me, i was once helping out a new player on playing the game, while the chopters where already halfway through the level.

I am certain someone will disagree with me and probably assassinate me in my sleep one day, but i am just sharing my opinion and experience with it.

Sleep tight 

Yes best news ever !!

I just want to say that its not only a pvp problem because I never play pvp and the sligshot thing is the best thing ever in any game I have ever played !!

And please thank that programmer and tell him hes doing a wonderfull job.

Best feature in the game imo.

Put on the venka and channel while wall attacking-- you will go further than zephyr with max duration tailwind-- it is insane! Melee channel + wall attack buffs for the win now!!!

Add max quickening to one of the fast weapons and just channel for mobility, you will be amazed. Plus as long as you only use for mobility it doesn't cost energy since no enemies are hit.

Indeed, taht one HAS to go. If people do it on solo missions, no problem, but doing so on levels where new players are tying to learn the game, only ending up being bashed, bullied and name called by these Zorenchopters.

Belive me, i was once helping out a new player on playing the game, while the chopters where already halfway through the level.

I am certain someone will disagree with me and probably assassinate me in my sleep one day, but i am just sharing my opinion and experience with it.

if you remove coptering, dumbasses will just find other ways to dumbass. your problem isn't with coptering, it's people.

if you remove coptering, dumbasses will just find other ways to dumbass. your problem isn't with coptering, it's people.

Coptering is not a problem at all its a FEATURE that makes the game.

I S#&$ you not, without coptering WF is not as popular as it is now, absolutely essential to the game.

Don't like it ? don't use it !

Exactly. Your issue isn't with coptering. It's with people. Why the hell would you play pub when you're trying to teach a newbie in the first place?!

Exactly. Your issue isn't with coptering. It's with people. Why the hell would you play pub when you're trying to teach a newbie in the first place?!

Agreed, go Private or Invite only for newbie teaching. On public everyone rushes the levels and will time them out at extraction or kill everything causing the newbie to miss out on money and xp that they probably really need. I walk them through usually and stand back to let them kill what they can and then step in if they need saving.

Approach a wall for a normal horizontal wallrun, hop on it and immediately let go of wallrun controls. The result is a slingshotted jump off the wall that boosts you considerably further than a normal jump off the wall.

Ugh, it's miserable compared to to preU14. No vertical boost, half speed. Forward crouch+jump is faster than this.

[snip]

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

[snip]

Thank you!

....The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectly playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, again, please bear with us.

Thank you so much for pointing out to us its coming back even if it might take some time.

I'm a little bit amazed how many players are glad its gone, It's what gave this game a real NINJA feel to it!  being able to leap over buildings and use correct timing to reach hard areas or even take short cuts.

that is more ninja than tenno's with fully automatic assault rifles or rocket launchers.

• 3 months later...

Let the Solar Rail Conflicts being. See you all in the Battlefield!

Hehe, you used my quote. I recall some players wanted this to be more like CoD. It seems DE is compromising. Rexsol If you are doing DS conflicts now, Join me! I'll brief you on the new meta. 

Nope. Still not fixed after 3 months -_-

Back in the days when i posted this topic, i also sent a msg to DERebecca, and she said that "This has been brought up with devs and they are aware of this with a few details having been restored." So as far as DE's concerned, the nerfed wallrun slingshot was fixed already.

Edited by RexSol

Yeah, record it and show us. As far as I tested the vertical part of the slingshot is 60-70% of what it was before fix.

I used it to traverse both horizontally AND vertically. The vertical part feels near non-existent now, and for horizontal I would use copter, it's also more flexible.

I could easily jump on the underroof in void hall with two half spheres on the celling, with just a single slingshot, good luck doing so now.