Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacing Loki As A Starter Was A Good Call

Valafor

As someone who completely mains Loki, I am actually quite pleased that Loki is no longer a starter. The truth is, Loki isn't "challenging", he demands resources. Loki relies almost completely on his weapons, and when you weapons are trash, Loki can't really do much. In truth, Loki is quite easy to play; After all, it is not hard to press 2 and go shoot things.

When I first started warframe around a year ago, I chose Loki, and  in all honesty, I hated it. When you lack mods completely, it is simply unusable. Loki is not for advanced players in the sense that he is hard, but you need mods and weapons. In fact, when I was still a noob, I actually learned the basics of how to play Loki from Ash. Ash has much, much better stats than Loki (for a new player at least), and has actual offensive abilities. Ash teaches you the basics of getting things done invisible and speed over tanking, but at the same time having abilities to get you out of a bind. In a sense, for me Ash was (and I hate to say it like this) Loki with crutch abilities. Eventually, when i was already well into the game and I had the resources and mods, I gave Loki another try and i loved it. Overall, it was a very good call replacing Loki with Volt, as now the Master Race will not be tainted by new player filth new players will now have starter frames that are all good and play quite differently.

Edited by Valafor

As someone who completely mains Loki, I am actually quite pleased that Loki is no longer a starter. The truth is, Loki isn't "challenging", he demands resources. Loki relies almost completely on his weapons, and when you weapons are trash, Loki can't really do much. In truth, Loki is quite easy to play; After all, it is not hard to press 2 and go shoot things.

When I first started warframe around a year ago, I chose Loki, and  in all honesty, I hated it. When you lack mods completely, it is simply unusable. Loki is not for advanced players in the sense that he is hard, but you need mods and weapons. In fact, when I was still a noob, I actually learned the basics of how to play Loki from Ash. Ash has much, much better stats than Loki (for a new player at least), and has actual offensive abilities. Ash teaches you the basics of getting things done invisible and speed over tanking, but at the same time having abilities to get you out of a bind. In a sense, for me Ash was (and I hate to say it like this) Loki with crutch abilities. Eventually, when i was already well into the game and I had the resources and mods, I gave Loki another try and i loved it. Overall, it was a very good call replacing Loki with Volt, as now the Master Race will not be tainted by new player filth new players will now have starter frames that are all good and play quite differently.

Definitely agree with weapons and mods.

Don't forget that Decoy requires knowledge of enemy behaviors and map design to use effectively. There's no way a completely new player would be able to pick up on these things on their own.

Also, Loki's low health and shields means less mistakes can be made before dying. Not a good idea for new players.

Making the wrong choice as starter frame is an illusion.

I started as exca, and I regret it, and anyone who started whit whatever frame regrets it also, the problem is you are so week, you have no good mods, enemies are too hard for starters, etc, so it is always a nightmare to be new, whit whatever frame you start with.

Definitely agree with weapons and mods.

Don't forget that Decoy requires knowledge of enemy behaviors and map design to use effectively. There's no way a completely new player would be able to pick up on these things on their own.

Also, Loki's low health and shields means less mistakes can be made before dying. Not a good idea for new players.

Really? I just place it anywhere in front of the enemies and run or shoot at them as they distracted. Doesn't really matter if it dies since decoys are cheap and Loki has a massive energy pool.