Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit Chance Worth It? + Strun Vs. Hek

modded

Question

I got a ton of shotgun crit chance mods lying around, are they any good?

Second, I didn't super charge my strun cause I was saving for the hek, but after the latest nerf I'm rethinking it. It looks like hek has negligibly higher dmg (146 vs 140) with higher RoF (non-issue with RoF mods) and tighter grouping (not sure if useful as I carry a Lex as my backup).

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

crit chance in general isnt the greatest mod at the moment because it is a modifier to the base crit chance meaning since the strun has 7.5% base chance even a maxed mod at 30% would only give about another 2% too tired to give an exact atm

crit chance in general isnt the greatest mod at the moment because it is a modifier to the base crit chance meaning since the strun has 7.5% base chance even a maxed mod at 30% would only give about another 2% too tired to give an exact atm

Any thoughts on Strun vs Hek?

With the forums update it seems quoting is kinda broken. :/

Edited by modded

Crit chance is multiplicative. Hence i wouldnt go that high for it.If i were u ill go full on dmg, AP, elements,reload speed and not to forget the most important of all, MULTISHOT. Since Hek has a considerate RoF so u can ignore fire rate if u are comfortable with what it is now.

I have a potatoed Strun and its doing almost as awesome as Hek in terms of clearing out mobs but in boss fights ill have to adjust my aim more accurately to land full dmg on it. But overall i think both shotties are just as good just that one has tighter cone than the other(Hek vs Strun) but the ammo per clip compensates Strun for the tight cone that Hek has.

personally i prefer the hek but thats due to the tighter spread on its shots, its preferance between the two to be honest since

the strun has the advantage of a misc polarity slot, bigger mag size, and triple the crit chance  (woo 7.5% rather then 2.5% >.>)

the hek has the advantage of faster reload higher rate of fire, tighter spread, and slightly higher base damage

polarity slot may outweigh the advantages of the hek to be honest but yeah its a preferance thing they are both solid weapons best advice i can offer is try both keep whichever you prefer

I'd be rather surprised if the Strun weren't nerfed soon--very, very soon; so I'd wait 'til tomorrow before making any decisions.

Tomorrow I'm nabbing dual viper, I got 60K credits saved up for crafting.