Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Recent Changes Split Everyone. Mabye A Nightmare Mode Can Make Everyone Happy.

Zeimaster

Recently many things have changed:

First of all the Boss buffs that makes them way to hard for MOST players, not all but MOST players. 

Second, the buffs to infested that makes them unfair with the ancient buff.

Im somewhere in the middle, I don't even know what these corrosive builds are people speak about.

Now here is the BIG problem, we got two groups.

The pro guys: these are mostly founders we followed the game alot and know almost every weapon inside out and have those fancy excalibro prime profile pictures, breath Mod loadouts and seems to have like 3000 forum posts for some reason.

Then you have the Regular guys: they are good at the game but not that good to suddenly face level 60 enemies that he previosly faced when they where just level 30.

The first group eats all the difficulty spikes like cake, because all those months of playing warframe has made them hungry for the spikey rock cake of "Im going to wreck your face" Altough not everyone of those very nice founder people like difficulty.

while the second group HATES the buffs because they are not used to it, and wont be able to adept quick enough to face this new enemy buffing because they might have not fully understood modding or just don't have that one corrupted mod like Heavy caliber.

I might have the solotion to this, NIGHTMARE MODE 2.0!

If De can rework Nightmare mode and implent the new buffs to bosses and some enemy types in that, we can have much more players happy, Veteran players have a new challenge they want for some reason. and regular players don't have to face lephantis with 10000 armor that makes your Dread deal 600 damage while Lephantis laughs with his Loch ness sized healthpool.

If you got any suggestions on how we can just make warframe a game for everyone? Because unlike the polls tell use quite some players DON'T like a hard challenge.

With a revamped Nightmare mode we can have two groups of player's and save's DE the time to make a new mode that would split the player base even more then it has been already.

EDIT: Altough Infested were underpowerd for a long time, the main point should be the bulletsponges that bosses have become. (should have triple checked this post before posting it.)

Edited by Zeimaster

Second, the buffs to infested that makes them unfair with the ancient buff.

So kill the ancient first. This is gaming commonsense, in that you always kill the support/healer first.

Infested are fine, and this update is fine.

The only complaint I have for the infested right about now is that anceint healers shouldn't be able to heal themselves or be healed by other ancient healers.

To me the infested osprey are annoying, but tolerable, though that might be because I always bring some form of health regaining skill/mod with me when facing infested now.

I think it is more one the enemy scaling.  Their gains in damage / health / armor /etc increase exponentially to match the exponential output that is catalyst / forma mod system.  There is a 'small' sweetspot for those pro players where the challenge is good but not overwhelming but not so great that only a few WF combinations can overcome.  There was a post around here that explained it beautifully.  

So kill the ancient first. This is gaming commonsense, in that you always kill the support/healer first.

I killed ancients first pre 14 and now do it post 14. To me there is no change. But to newer players who don't have Nova with Soma, Brakk and Dragon Nikana and all those rare mods, and Spectres, and Sentinels, and all potatoed, and formaed multiple times. They need that margin of error. So how about instead of auras give ancients actual abilities. Abilities that makes us react to them in new, interesting ways.

As for Nightmare mode 2.0, look no further than ARPG like Path of Exile or Torchlight 2. Their endgame is about maps with random properties. When node becomes Nightmare mode, it may boost extra exp, more resorce drops, dual event mods as possible end mission revard and specific rare mod included in all enemy drop tables. But the cost is extra 10 levels for enemies, all heavies are eximus, health and/or shields cut by 25% and weapons lose damage if overused (so you have to switch weapons constantly). This is of course one example of many random possibilities

Edited by Prany