Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame Weapons

dzxbeast

Question

hi,

what weapons/builds are people using for long void defence / survival runs? i find, that my current weapons are too weak, and after 35 minutes on t1 survival i do very little damage.

i need a primary to kill of weaklings and secondary/melee to kill strong enemies(or primary for strong ones, and secondary for masses).

i have access to all clan weapons and zero primes

12 answers to this question

Prepare for the Soma and Boltor fanboys players with a very set personal preference... Personally I think the Dread is good as a primary for the heavies and a proc dropping secondary could be the tysis with all those stat mods from the events.

Edited by Heyrey

For primaries the obvious choices are boltor prime and soma and for good reason, they tear through enemies. However I have also found that dread/paris prime is very viable if you can make your shots count and my personal favorite has to be the gorgon wraith, it gives up a little damage for ridiculous amounts of status chance when modded with the event dual mods. For secondaries I would say the top tier is marelok, despair, and angstrum. My personal choice would be despair but those are kinda hard to get but marelok is a one shot killer up to 45 min in t3 and also has great status chance as well. And for melee dragon nikana is the hands down best melee with dakra, bo, and orthos primes as close seconds.

For high level missions you want to use something that has a high crit chance, high status chance or high base damage that scales well with your damage mods, but THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: use elemental combos! This makes all the difference when you wan to kill fast. Here you can find some help with deciding what combos to use against which factions: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Most weapons used in high level missions usually are:
Boltor Prime

Soma

Dread

Penta

Ogris

Synapse

Latron Prime
Paris Prime

Not a lot of secondaries though, all that comes to mind is Brakk and I guess Detron, I personally use Lex Prime because of it's high accuracy and high base damage, you'll be sticking with your primary most of the time anyway

In terms of melee, I really don't know, you don't want to get right up a lvl 75 toxic ancient's face anyway, I use Orthos Prime, but I've seen people run with Dakra Prime, Dual Ichor, Fang/ Fang Prime...

If you want to know, here's my "go-to" loadout for pretty much anything:

Nyx (4 Forma)
Soma (5 Forma) / or Penta (6 Forma) in the case of infested defence
Lex Prime (1 Forma)
Orthos Prime (1 Forma)

(using formas does help.)

Pretty good advice here. I would add Sybaris/LPrime for marksman primary, Synapse for ST primary, Penta for AoE primary, and Akboltos (esp with click macro or scroll bind) for an effective rounded secondary. Castanas are fairly awesome for AoE and CC, and Stug puts out incredibly broken DPS with a click macro. And, of course, the god-cannon called Brakk for close quarters combat.

I prefer Dual Ichors for melee DPS and/or mobility, and Crimson Dervish Dakra Prime for Life Strike. 

Edited by Darzk

lol boltor prime my 5 forma amprex says otherwise it's great never hear of anyone using it though I love it statuses immediately with my build

EDIT: my secondary of choice is akbronco prime and glaive prime get me to wave 35-40 in t4 defenses

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

Guest Tehnoobshow

What are you using right now? If you can't make it to 35 minutes on T1 then you probably need better mods first. Even the Mk1-Braton works on T1 when fully modded.

I think the Soma is a bit overrated for high level content, mostly due to the extremely terrible ammo efficiency of the thing. I rarely use the Soma anymore, to be honest. It feels much weaker in damage 2.0, but that could be because it was broken before that lol. I was sad to see that the Flux didnt quite survive the damage transition, as I had put 4 forma on it before damage 2.0, but even now it feels incredibly weak for some reason.

Nyx (4 Forma)
Soma (5 Forma) / or Penta (6 Forma) in the case of infested defence
Lex Prime (1 Forma)
Orthos Prime (1 Forma)

(using formas does help.)

I agree forma helps a lot, but I just have one question... why 4 forma on Nyx? lol.

Oh and people should give more credit to the Phage. It can tear through high level enemies pretty easy, and is probably the most ammo efficient weapon in this game.

thx for answers.

i forma'ed my soma 2 times now, and did a t4 mission. it seems powerful now, but ammo economy is bad. so now im trying to decide what secondary i should use. brakk or despair. i dont really like stug or using macros, and i already sold tysis. and i have no prime weapons - ill get them as soon as i get some good weapons to play in the void.

my soma build(i will upgrade heavy caliber later):

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma/t_30_00002222_131-2-4-132-6-4-133-1-4-137-4-8-140-3-4-141-0-4-150-5-4-159-7-4_141-10-133-10-131-8-140-8-137-6-150-5-132-7-159-4/en/2-0-17

whats better - pure elemental damage mods or dual (element + stat chance)? pure elemental has higher damage, but 3 dual stat mods would increase chance to proc considerably

Edited by dzxbeast

Phage (3 Formas) - very ammo efficient, Gas/Magnetic/Viral Combo

Wraith Twin Vipers (5 Formas) - very ammo inefficient, only for single targets or when downed or ranged attacks across the map

Orthos Prime (no Forma, yet) - with Life Steal for emergencies

I am starting to like the new Akzanis, they might replace the vipers some day...