Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund For The Scramblers?

Harazard

I was told I'd be getting a random skin not the same skin I already had.

They had nothing in there preventing players from getting one they already had.

This is real money we're talking about.

You know what I'm going to go contact support and come back with exactly what they tell me.

If your skin was #2487 and RNG rolled the dice it could end up getting #2487 again as could it with every other number. Yes the odds should be stacked in your favor of not getting the same one but as with anything that is based on random chance you are not guaranteed in getting something different.

If you buy a car, and redesign comes in 2 months, would you feel cheated?

If you buy the newest model of a car and the manufacturer recalls it back im pretty sure you'd want a refund or a new car. You wouldnt want to keep the broken one while the new fixed ones roll out.

Edited by kiteohatto

If you buy the newest model of a car and the manufacturer recalls it back im pretty sure you'd want a refund or a new car. You wouldnt want to keep the broken one while the new fixes ones roll out.

If you bought the newest model of a car knowing there would be a recall, they might not feel obliged to give you one.  

So did we know?

That you'd be randomizing your kubrow's skin?  Yes.

See, that's the main argument against a refund- you went into this knowingly.  You made an active choice to purchase something that specifically said it will randomize your Kubrow's appearance.  I'm not advocating this thing- if anything I'm thankful it's gone.  It's a disgusting practice that needs to die with all the other failed Korean MMO penny-pinching bullS#&$ they throw into games.  But asking for a refund for a randomizer is like asking for a refund when you bought a car knowing there was a recall happening.

Edited by Aramanth

If your skin was #2487 and RNG rolled the dice it could end up getting #2487 again as could it with every other number. Yes the odds should be stacked in your favor of not getting the same one but as with anything that is based on random chance you are not guaranteed in getting something different.

Which means the system is flawed... and when something is not implemented correctly usually they have to give you a refund.

It was that it would be random; what wasn't said was that we had a chance of getting the same one.

Edited by Sutherland

So did we know?

People with more than 2 brain cells knew that this lottery type scrambler wont work in Warframe. People disliked it since implementation and were constantly complaining about it.

Thats the reason i only spent 10 Platinum on new skins, and was waiting for a change.

People with more than 2 brain cells knew that this lottery type scrambler wont work in Warframe. People disliked it since implementation and were constantly complaining about it.

Thats the reason i only spent 10 Platinum on new skins, and was waiting for a change.

DE can be very stubborn with some of their features. It's why weapon prices are dumb, why resource prices are ridiculous. It's not too much of a stretch to think they wouldn't have changed this system for a while.

Edited by EvanTheNewbie

Which means the system is flawed... and when something is not implemented correctly usually they have to give you a refund.

It was that it would be random; what wasn't said was that we had a chance of getting the same one.

The system was implemented correctly. You pay ten platinum and you get a random appearance for your Kubrow and that is exactly what it did.

Just because you got the same one, which is still random, doesn't mean the system is broken. It just means that you're unlucky.

We knew?

Who would've known you'd hate something only because PWE was mentioned a month prior when despite all that we already have something pretty much similar that nobody dares mention.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mod_Pack

The system was implemented correctly. You pay ten platinum and you get a random appearance for your Kubrow and that is exactly what it did.

Just because you got the same one, which is still random, doesn't mean the system is broken. It just means that you're unlucky.

It means they had nothing saying...

""If Kubrow skin = 11

roll again.""

Edited by Sutherland

The point is they removed the system ,wich means they gonna place hope so one better instead so in my opinion its not fair to people who spent tons of plat on dat old system

Edited by MrKage

Spent 500 plat. Would not have done so if i knew it was going away. Also would not have done so if i knew that the "pallete" contained what....7 colours and 5 fur patterns...

Half the plat went to unscrewing the bad combinations, some colour combinations should never ever be possible(ugly pink, ice blue and orange)

WHAT?! Pink/Blue/Orange is possible! >.> Do want.

Sounds like you were burnt by assumptions you made. A lot of cosmetics that DE implemented have come and gone or changed, so expecting this to be different is kind of strange.

When you run a boss for BPs, and you keep getting the Chassis again and again do you argue about how flawed that system is? Since every other random element of this game has a chance of giving you the same thing you already have over and over again why would you think this would be different?

WHAT?! Pink/Blue/Orange is possible! >.> Do want.

Sounds like you were burnt by assumptions you made. A lot of cosmetics that DE implemented have come and gone or changed, so expecting this to be different is kind of strange.

When you run a boss for BPs, and you keep getting the Chassis again and again do you argue about how flawed that system is? Since every other random element of this game has a chance of giving you the same thing you already have over and over again why would you think this would be different?

No because the RNG isn't costing me money.

""If Kubrow skin = 11

roll again.""

K. Thanks bye.

Edited by Sutherland

You knew what you were getting anyway. Same Gumball machine case.

"Pay 10 plat to get a gumball"

That's pretty much how you can read the scrambler when it was released. You will get a gumball, but it may or not be the color you want. You know this yet you still keep paying. After emptying your pocket, you can't do anything but walk back home with a pocket full of unwanted gumball.

You come back later and find them taking the machine away. Do you tell the employees that "You're taking the machine away, give me my money back!"? If you do, the Employee will probably tell you to give them back all the gumball that you probably ate and threw away already. You already got what the machine promised. No scamming was included. Just you to blame for not giving up and waiting for the machine to get better.

They later come back with a new gumball vending machine instead that is more expensive but has no chance in it.

This is almost the same as "I just bought 50$ worth of plat then a 75% sale happen on the next day". You should have waited and see first. DE had shown in the past that they cared about the players. Pressing without thinking was the same as saying "I don't trust them, PWE dogs"

Edited by Zeitzbach

It almost sounds like you're defending rng, lol. 

You knew what you were getting anyway. Same Gumball machine case.

"Pay 10 plat to get a gumball"

That's pretty much how you can read the scrambler when it was released. You will get a gumball, but it may or not be the color you want. You know this yet you still keep paying. After emptying your pocket, you can't do anything but walk back home with a pocket full of unwanted gumball.

You come back later and find them taking the machine away. Do you tell the employees that "You're taking the machine away, give me my money back!"? If you do, the Employee will probably tell you to give them back all the gumball that you probably ate and threw away already. You already got what the machine promised. No scamming was included. Just you to blame for not giving up and waiting for the machine to get better.

They later come back with a new gumball vending machine instead that is more expensive but has no chance in it.

This is almost the same as "I just bought 50$ worth of plat then a 75% sale happen on the next day". You should have waited and see first. DE had shown in the past that they cared about the players. Pressing without thinking was the same as saying "I don't trust them, PWE dogs"

Real life products are not a reflection of the digital world where items values are dependent on morality and demand.

And? Again, the system was advertised as random.

Random yes. Did it say I had a chance to get the same one?

Nope.

Why are you defending them so badly? Why are you just denying my opinion and placing yours as fact?

I'd have better luck having this discussion with a goat.

Edited by Sutherland

Real life products are not a reflection of the digital world where items values are dependent on morality and demand.

It's the same concept. You don't buy gamble box and demand for money back because you didn't get what you wanted. MMOs do this some time. They create a whole new character, put it in a gamble box and watch as people pay for it. 2 Months later, they make the "character package" and bam!

Do you complain because you didn't get what you want? You can't. You accepted it fully knowing the risk.