Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund For The Scramblers?

Harazard

It's the same concept. You don't buy gamble box and demand for money back because you didn't get what you wanted. MMOs do this some time. They create a whole new character, put it in a gamble box and watch as people pay for it. 2 Months later, they make the "character package" and bam!

Do you complain because you didn't get what you want? You can't. You accepted it fully knowing the risk.

I don't care that I didn't get what I wanted. I waste 10 platinums and got 0 out of it.

If you want a refund then they should take your colors away.

It's that simply, all money back, reset your K to white.

Pladaoh.

Thank you!

The most reasonable answer I've heard thus far.

I'd have no issue returning my (the same coloured) Kubrow back to what he was before. (which is what he is now.)

That's a bad analogy, because Edo armor fundamentally performs and works the same way as Daedalus. 

He wanted to change the look. Appearance. Not performance and working. Exactly like the armor works. Looks. Not function.

Sorry if being wrong rustles your jimmies too much.

All we are asking is for store credit, DE isnt losing any real money that we paid them. RNG is only good if there is a huge variety of colours to pick from then at least you have a very low chance of getting the same damn thing over and over again. Especially at 10plat a pop its ridiculous to have so few colours. And its not like we get to keep the combinations that we cycled through so there goes your gumball machine analogy. In your terms it'd be paying 10p to get a gumball and if you roll again a security guy comes over and takes your old one.

No, you randomly got the same pattern you had before. 

It doesn't say "random different". It says "random".

It said random. not the same. (For those not getting it. Why would you buy the same colour palette when you already have it on your kubrow? The point is there was nothing preventing the same colour and there could have been. Also read the rest of the post before replying in anger.)

For the love of all living things.

This entire thread hands down has got to be the biggest reason I avoid posting seriously because every time. One person who thinks they know it all and have one opinion that is FACT. God forbid. If anybody posts something different oh my!

How dare you think like that! How dare you be different!

I love understanding peoples opinions but don't outright tell me I'm wrong. There is no right or wrong here.

Things were not stated as much as they could've been and there isn't much too it. If they put peoples colours back to how they were and refund the platinums. Who looses out here? Do you? No you don't.

Do I lose out? No I don't.

Do the Dev's lose out? No because they can go away and develop something that actually works and isn't broken.

The fact of the matter is we've already bought platinums. They already have the money we spent.

Edited by Sutherland

If you buy a car, and redesign comes in 2 months, would you feel cheated?

Except thats not what happens. We all knows cars come out yearly and in rare occurances with a .5 model. We had no precognitive ability to tell us they would be changing this function the very next day because a few people started whining about not willing to put a few dollars down on changing your pattern. I had absolutely no problem with the system seeing it as an oppertunity to sell my now unique looking kubrow templates on the market. But leave it to this community to whine and ruin everything.

Random yes. Did it say I had a chance to get the same one?

Nope.

Why are you defending them so badly? Why are you just denying my opinion and placing yours as fact?

I'd have better luck having this discussion with a goat.

It didn't need to say that you can get the same one as it is implied that you could due to it being a system based on RNG.

And I'm not defending DE in anything, they haven't done anything yet except remove the system. And I'm not placing my opinion as fact I'm just defending my opinion and I disagree with yours.

You're perfectly welcome to have your own opinion on something but nobody is obligated to agree with it.

It said random. not the same.

Just because I threw a coin and it landed on a head doesn't mean it will never land on a head again.

Kubrow color is like a 6-sided dice. You started on 4 but that doesn't 4 is wiped from the dice. You can still land either 1  2 3 4 5  or 6, and you landed on the 4 again.

It was random and it was working as intended.

I spent platinum on the scramblers, while I didn't get what I wanted, the few times I've tried it convinced me to not spend any more on it until they can work on something more friendly and not consuming.

Anyone that spent a substantial amount of platinum for their desired Kubrow pattern shouldn't really be expecting a refund, you should've became aware the first few times you scrambled patterns.

I dont understand why anyone would be against the refund, those who didnt pay arent losing anything.

This is true but the point is that a refund has nothing behind it. Just because people are displeased with the outcome they got, knowing that it was possible to not like the result, doesn't mean they should get a refund.

Just because I threw a coin and it landed on a head doesn't mean it will never land on a head again.

Kubrow color is like a 6-sided dice. You started on 4 but that doesn't 4 is wiped from the dice. You can still land either 1  2 3 4 5  or 6, and you landed on the 4 again.

It was random and it was working as intended.

I can't believe you just read that one line... and ignored the rest.

You know what. I'm f* done. I'm actually done with this whole thread.

I'll be spending this time helping new players instead of bashing my head against a brick wall.

it's a lot healthier.

Edited by Sutherland

It said random. not the same.

For the love of all living things.

This entire thread hands down has got to be the biggest reason I avoid posting seriously because every time. One person who thinks they know it all and have one opinion that is FACT. God forbid. If anybody posts something different oh my!

How dare you think like that! How dare you be different!

I love understanding peoples opinions but don't outright tell me I'm wrong. There is no right or wrong here.

Things were not stated as much as they could've been and there isn't much too it. If they put peoples colours back to how they were and refund the platinums. Who looses out here? Do you? No you don't.

Do I lose out? No I don't.

Do the Dev's lose out? No because they can go away and develop something that actually works and isn't broken.

The fact of the matter is we've already bought platinums. They already have the money we spent.

You're wrong. I'm right. You ranting about it won't change it. It says "Random". Not "Random Different".

You can put ridiculous words in my mouth all you like. You'll still be wrong. And as amusing as it is to see you going off the deep end because you don't know the definition of "random", let's just put an end to your ranting. First:

Random: lacking any definite plan or prearranged order: a random selection

Second: Listening to you whine about this is equal to you whining that you bought a rare mod pack, and complaining that you already had the mods you received. Random. It's a word you don't understand. 

Figure it out.

This is true but the point is that a refund has nothing behind it. Just because people are displeased with the outcome they got, knowing that it was possible to not like the result, doesn't mean they should get a refund.

Sure it does, it was a badly designed RNG with hight cost and an extremely high chance of getting repeated result. If you could get a really huge variety in colour at low cost we wouldnt have issues.

I don't get what people are arguing for refunds are about. I get it, you spent over 2000p to make your kubrow perfect. The system was working when it was in, why should people get refunds? you shouldn't get a refund just because something was discontinued, it makes no sense. You paid for random, and just because it was removed from the game doesn't entitle you to a refund. 

Did you even read my post?

Sure it does, it was a badly designed RNG with hight cost and an extremely high chance of getting repeated result. If you could get a really huge variety in colour at low cost we wouldnt have issues.

Well any system built on RNG is questionable and the variety of options may be questionable as well but is was working as advertised.

I'll merely say this, if the feature had to be recalled this quickly out of the game there was obviously something wrong with it and I can understand people who want a refund because there was an obvious fault in design of this thing. The scrambler did say it would generate "new" fur and attributes to your kubrow and obviously for a good amount of people it wasn't.