Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Vs. Boltor

--Q--TheLoneRonin

Question

9 answers to this question

Gorgon can be fun, it's power comes from how you mod it. I haven't invested too much into it but it gets the job done how it is right now. LV55 enemies go down semi-easy, but I could do better by upgrading some mods I have and/or supercharging it. It's good if you like to just mow down a group of enemies or when tackling bosses with fast recharging shields, or just bosses in general.

Gorgon is bleh. I'd rather run around with a sack full of dildos than use the Gorgon.

I thought it was going to be great, but it fell so far short of my expectations.

The accuracy on it is crap, at the range you need to be, to be accurate, you might as well use the shotgun, or hell even a charge attack.

The ROF (rate of fire) takes too long to spin up, it also has a few other issues:

- You waste bullets, since once it does get going you blow half a clip into a corpse once you realise it is actually dead

- If you want to be accurate and not waste ammo, you have to fire about as slow as the boltor fires.

Then there are the rifle modes, which everyone knows blow compared to the other guns.

Honestly I don't have enough bad things to say about this gun =)

Well, against crowds/bosses, it's much better than every other rifle, obviously.

That 12 accuracy is when you fire it full-auto.

When fired semi-auto, it's as accurate as a Latron. Less damage but faster rate of fire and almost non existent recoil.

Much better than the Burston and the Bratons as well because it has much more range.

The Paris and the Snipetron both suck.

I haven't tried the Boltor, mostly because that sounds like a weapon that woudln't handle lag very well, so I can't say. But I can't see it having that kind of range / DPS, even against armor.

Edited by Feneckus

Haven't tried the Boltor yet but the Gorgon is a very reliable weapon when tuned right. I built mine into the LMG it's suppose to be by maxing out clip size with another mod into total capacity. Gorgon is best used again mobs of enemies or bosses due to the sustained fire taking out their shields. Probably best to use again infested and Corpus to a degree as they tend to clump up making the accuracy a non issue.

TL;DR

Gorgon is best used for crowd control (infested or clumped up enemies) and bosses (due to sustained fire taking out their shield)

Boltor is more likely better at dishing out damage to single targets.

As Feneckus said, the key thing about the Gorgon is that the first shot it fires actually has perfect accuracy. That means if you fire it with rapid repeated clicks, you can score reliable headshots with it.

The damage is pretty low when doing single shots, that's true - but the point is you CAN put a bullet into the skull of a Grineer at extreme range. It's not ideal for the job, but it CAN do the job.

So you basically have an inaccurate full-auto spray weapon AND a high-accuracy long-range weapon in the same gun.

Edited by Acyl