Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Too Much To Ask To Be Able To Host Void/derelict Mission To The Public?

LtZefar

I REALLY don't get why we still have to be forced to go through the Recruit channel to get people into our Derelict or Void rounds. We're like prostitutes selling slots for people to join.

It shouldn't be too hard now to make it work like it should have been from the start.

If I host a Derelict mission of any kind I should be able to put it on public and have random join. I chose to do this so if the group fails I only got myself to blame.

If I host a Void mission I should also be able to put it out for public for anyone to join or with maybe SOME restriction.

Like Rank 5 minimum to join it. So that low level people can't just join in on it. They can host but not join.

I got a lot of Void keys that I'd be willing to use if it was smoother and quicker. But because it isn't I have really don't want to play most of the keys I got.

Also look at it this way. With more people using up their keys they will be in need of getting more. If they don't want to farm Survival they need to buy them for Platinum. You get more people to spend platinum and we get more fun out of this.

Now if people still want to recruit people they can go to the Recruit channel and look for people there while having their lobby on private or invites only. It exist for a reason.

That would come in handy actually. I often have trouble finding people hosting the missions I want or getting them to join mine as I struggle to farm the parts in the missions of my choosing.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with farming Argon or Ciphers for the Mirage.

Been wishing for this forever.

Rank though has far less to do with skill or current gear.. Though a base rank 2 which is required for trading should be good enough to show you have a understanding of the game. I'd be more inclined to a Conclave rateing requirement selection which you yourself must pass before requiring others to join you for higher teir keys.

There would need to be some kind of queue system so you can check and join the first availble open key for specific mission types.

Ex. I choose T2 defense and survival and T3 exterminate. I then just wait for the first one to open and accept my rating.

Edited by Firetempest

Been wishing for this forever.

Rank though has far less to do with skill or current gear.. Though a base rank 2 which is required for trading should be good enough to show you have a understanding of the game. I'd be more inclined to a Conclave rateing requirement selection which you yourself must pass before requiring others to join you for higher teir keys.

There would need to be some kind of queue system so you can check and join the first availble open key for specific mission types.

Ex. I choose T2 defense and survival and T3 exterminate. I then just wait for the first one to open and accept my rating.

But... What if Clan members or friends agree to carry you?

Do tell us how it isn't possible lore wise.

Well, you do need the correct kind of Key, for one. 

Then, you need to find the correct Tower without doing one of the things: 

1. Getting affected by the Void again (and not in a good way).

2. Being accidentally transported to an extremely hostile Tower. 

3. Being accidentally transported to a Tower that is about to collapse. 

4. All of the above. 

Well, you do need the correct kind of Key, for one. 

Then, you need to find the correct Tower without doing one of the things: 

1. Getting affected by the Void again (and not in a good way).

2. Being accidentally transported to an extremely hostile Tower. 

3. Being accidentally transported to a Tower that is about to collapse. 

4. All of the above. 

Well I never said anything about removing the key.

Only the host need the key the others just tag along and if I host a T1 Ext I can recruit anyone I want into my game. But it's easier and better to just have it public.

As it can be seen in the loading screens the ships just tag along with you so I'm going to assume they have a main station to go from.

So lore wise I'm guessing they put out a request to get help from others and those who want to help will just drive up close with their ship to then drive to the void.

So far though the Lore means bugger all for me. Siding with Grineer and Corpus in one of the large event and not a single thing happened afterward. Lore can take a backseat unless it's really important and actually changes the game but as of now it does almost nothing to the game.

Well I never said anything about removing the key.

Only the host need the key the others just tag along and if I host a T1 Ext I can recruit anyone I want into my game. But it's easier and better to just have it public.

As it can be seen in the loading screens the ships just tag along with you so I'm going to assume they have a main station to go from.

So lore wise I'm guessing they put out a request to get help from others and those who want to help will just drive up close with their ship to then drive to the void.

So far though the Lore means bugger all for me. Siding with Grineer and Corpus in one of the large event and not a single thing happened afterward. Lore can take a backseat unless it's really important and actually changes the game but as of now it does almost nothing to the game.

What I am stating in that is lore-wise, why would it not work (or at least very difficult). 

Well, the Operations Breeding Grounds did change something (at least a little bit, with new and [mostly] improved Infested [maybe courtesy of Alad V's experiments]). 

What I am stating in that is lore-wise, why would it not work (or at least very difficult). 

Well, the Operations Breeding Grounds did change something (at least a little bit, with new and [mostly] improved Infested [maybe courtesy of Alad V's experiments]). 

But the things you said makes no sense at all.

We can already recruit random people for void mission through the recruit chat. It doesn't matter what level or gear they have you can invite ANYONE.

So enabling you to host your Void run so that randoms can join right away isn't magically gonna change the lore. It just removes the recruit part.

Or do did you think I meant Civilians? As in those normal humans without a Warframe?

But the things you said makes no sense at all.

We can already recruit random people for void mission through the recruit chat. It doesn't matter what level or gear they have you can invite ANYONE.

So enabling you to host your Void run so that randoms can join right away isn't magically gonna change the lore. It just removes the recruit part.

Or do did you think I meant Civilians? As in those normal humans without a Warframe?

With inviting, you go in with a squad (make it Squad 1). 

Squad 1 is in a Tower and can fight and leave and stuff.

Another member (not in Squad 1) wants to join. 

He/she needs to find the correct Void Key, then ensure that he/she enters the same Tower as Squad 1 is in.

There are quite a few Towers that can be accessed with the key, meaning that the chance of getting into the correct Tower would be low. 

There are quite a lot of vertical levels in a Tower, meaning that the chance of getting into the correct Tower and at the correct level is very low. 

I am not saying that it is impossible, but very, very difficult and probably not worth it.

Lore-wise, it would be more worth it to get out, band another squad and go into the a Tower together. Gameplay-wise, I would allow it. 

With inviting, you go in with a squad (make it Squad 1). 

Squad 1 is in a Tower and can fight and leave and stuff.

Another member (not in Squad 1) wants to join. 

He/she needs to find the correct Void Key, then ensure that he/she enters the same Tower as Squad 1 is in.

There are quite a few Towers that can be accessed with the key, meaning that the chance of getting into the correct Tower would be low. 

There are quite a lot of vertical levels in a Tower, meaning that the chance of getting into the correct Tower and at the correct level is very low. 

I am not saying that it is impossible, but very, very difficult and probably not worth it.

Lore-wise, it would be more worth it to get out, band another squad and go into the a Tower together. Gameplay-wise, I would allow it. 

What? Dude are you even reading what I write? Like for real?

Recruiting is like this lore wise.

Hey fellow Warframes, I'm going for T1 Mobile Defense with this void key anyone wanna join?

3 Warframes say yes and they all bring their own ship to the Void place.

A Public hosting would be like this.

Warframe puts up his need for members on a bulletin board and will have 3 Warframe join him. HE STILL USE A KEY. THEY ARE GOING IN AS A GROUP. ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THEY REMOVED THE TALKY PART. 

Is that clear enough? Because I don't know how to put it in a simpler way.

This will not break the lore in any kind of way. It just won't. I repeat btw he will STILL USE A VOID KEY. <-- I'm not kidding about the void key. 

What? Dude are you even reading what I write? Like for real?

Recruiting is like this lore wise.

Hey fellow Warframes, I'm going for T1 Mobile Defense with this void key anyone wanna join?

3 Warframes say yes and they all bring their own ship to the Void place.

A Public hosting would be like this.

Warframe puts up his need for members on a bulletin board and will have 3 Warframe join him. HE STILL USE A KEY. THEY ARE GOING IN AS A GROUP. ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THEY REMOVED THE TALKY PART.

Is that clear enough? Because I don't know how to put it in a simpler way.

This will not break the lore in any kind of way. It just won't. I repeat btw he will STILL USE A VOID KEY. <-- I'm not kidding about the void key. 

I meant when you have a member leaving in a Public Void game and having another random join, which seems to be what you are suggesting as well. 

Who said anything about letting people join in mid game?

Trying to make Public hosting, then a change to the Invite hosting mid-way (i.e. during loading) would cause potential (and sometimes unnecessary)  complications for DE(L), in terms of network coding. It would be the most efficient method to just either have full Public hosting or Invite hosting, which would then cause a bit of a lore-wise problem if we were to swap to full Public hosting for keys, although we could have suspension of disbelief for that (not that I would do it personally). 

Trying to make Public hosting, then a change to the Invite hosting mid-way (i.e. during loading) would cause potential (and sometimes unnecessary)  complications for DE(L), in terms of network coding. It would be the most efficient method to just either have full Public hosting or Invite hosting, which would then cause a bit of a lore-wise problem if we were to swap to full Public hosting for keys, although we could have suspension of disbelief for that (not that I would do it personally). 

You're not being very clear but whatever it is you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with what the OP is suggesting.  You're making it a lot more complicated than it is.  This doesn't have anything to do with people joining mid-session.  This is asking for an alternate way to recruit people to start the session in the first place.  

You're not being very clear but whatever it is you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with what the OP is suggesting.  You're making it a lot more complicated than it is.  This doesn't have anything to do with people joining mid-session.  This is asking for an alternate way to recruit people to start the session in the first place.  

No, I am alright about that. I just fear about what happens next.

Given DE(L)'s track record about different modes getting a bit haywire every now and then, I feel that when players are recruiting other players in the squad through the Public option (which should work somewhat smoothly, given that the coding for it can be pulled from the existing ones), then play, then have one player extract/exit early, then suddenly have the Public recruiting screen suddenly pull some random player may cause slight complications and confusion with the system.

What we could do is set up a Public-Invite hybrid game mode system (Publicly getting other players, then having the squad become Invite only when the mission is run), but could also cause more complications with mid-switching of game modes.