Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Tenno?

Innocent_Flower

How do all the different shapes/sexes work? I don't know, I like the idea that the Warframe adjusts the pilot and they have fixed powers/shape/personality fragments based on the first Tenno they were designed for.

Originally each frame was going to have a male and female form from what I understand.  Which is why Nyx looks so much like Excalibur, because with exception to her helmet, she is a female Excalibur.  I think DE abandoned that very early on though.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I didn't say that, or rather didnt intend to maybe my sentence construction is akward. I was presenting that the Sentients were most likely extra-solar aliens as evidence that the Orokin could also be as it established precedence. To (attempt to) quote futurama "I respect my opennent he's a good man but frankly I agree with everything he just said"

I thought it was odd that you quoted that portion then agreed with it.

Ah yes, sorry I misread.The Sentients are indeed precedent.

Though I would find the Orokin style, and activities as currently presented very odd if they turned out to be extra-solar aliens.

Ah yes, sorry I misread.The Sentients are indeed precedent.

Though I would find the Orokin style, and activities as currently presented very odd if they turned out to be extra-solar aliens.

I'd be interested for more details in regards to the Orokin activities being odd for extra-solar entities. The majority of what I have seen in regards to the topic regards to the topic were mostly the furnishings in the towers and weapon designs. In my opinion the furnishings imply humanoid roughly the same average size as humans (which doesn't preclude humans in any way) and the prime weapons if they were designed to be used by the Tenno would have been designed for humans.

The Orokin are referred to as an empire so it presents an interesting lore possibility if they were extra-solar. In that case then sol would have been a colony for them and certainly not the seat of their central powers meaning like the Sentients there is a chance for them to return. There is the problem of why haven't they yet but the same can be asked of the Sentients and the community has largely jumped to the conclusion that the teased new faction will be them. Although, it could be the Orokin like I mentioned or some surprise that's not even been hinted at too.

I'd be interested for more details in regards to the Orokin activities being odd for extra-solar entities. The majority of what I have seen in regards to the topic regards to the topic were mostly the furnishings in the towers and weapon designs. In my opinion the furnishings imply humanoid roughly the same average size as humans (which doesn't preclude humans in any way) and the prime weapons if they were designed to be used by the Tenno would have been designed for humans.

The Orokin are referred to as an empire so it presents an interesting lore possibility if they were extra-solar. In that case then sol would have been a colony for them and certainly not the seat of their central powers meaning like the Sentients there is a chance for them to return. There is the problem of why haven't they yet but the same can be asked of the Sentients and the community has largely jumped to the conclusion that the teased new faction will be them. Although, it could be the Orokin like I mentioned or some surprise that's not even been hinted at too.

Things like:

* Genetically engineering a dog-bat hybrid as a pet.

* Having a "Temple" and temple guards (Misa syandana prime blurb)

* If they were extra solar I'd expect less dubious feeling about the Void as they must have used it to get here.

* Re-creating humanity from scratch and recreating most of human culture along with it (Pirates, Ninjas, Harlequins, Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban)

* The ambiance of the towers as a design ethos (Not the functional sizes, the colour, textures and shapes) feels ruling-human-opulent rather than alien.

Edited by SilentMobius

What a cool pick up!  Many thanks for that nugget ... +1 for scholarly research!

You must be the only Warframe player who didn't know that... ;)

Anyway, why do you guys think "Tenno" is a title the Orokin gave them?

Or what makes you think its a POSITIVE title?

For all we know, Hayden Tenno was the first survivor of a plague that wiped out most life on earth, and mutated anything surviving it. He was basically patient 0.

Given the typical human reaction to such things, "Tenno" probably had a pretty negative connotation. Just look at how we still view rats in europe, all just cause of a little plague 660 years ago.

"We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We build a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors."

Nowhere does it say they were called Tenno only AFTER they got their suits. And words like "the twisted few", "affliction" and "rejects" aren't exactly bright and cheery.

Turning said rejects into soldiers cause thats all thats left to you, possibly creating even more of them, and sending them against a vastly superior enemy as your last hope might also explain why the survivors turned on the Orokin when the war was over.

Tecnocyte was surely used by the Orokin to create the armors and the Void to select those who would resist the Virus and give them their powers, mix both and you have the Warframes. I mean, Hayden had no power such as those of the Warframes, only the Glaive if I remember correctly.

"We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction.", "Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury"
Steel being the tecnocyte virus and the fury being the Void, sounds logical to me... and close to both Warframe and Dark sector lores.

My half cent... ^^

Pardon my english... hope it makes sense.:/
Edited by kebra