Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STEAM!

KristijanZuzija

Steam is the single largest videogame host with the most renown! It allows players to easily view and purchase goods through Steam Wallets, directly from the Credit Cards, purchase Starting Packs for Free-to-Play games directly through the program and always being able to access a certain game they have bought from any computer as long as you are logged in and have installed it. This is very wonderful in my opinion and it would greatly enlargen Warframe's Society! Why not add Warframe to Steam? You wouldn't have to play it with Steam, but for Steam users, this would be a LOT easier and more efficient!

Steam is the single largest videogame host with the most renown! It allows players to easily view and purchase goods through Steam Wallets, directly from the Credit Cards, purchase Starting Packs for Free-to-Play games directly through the program and always being able to access a certain game they have bought from any computer as long as you are logged in and have installed it. This is very wonderful in my opinion and it would greatly enlargen Warframe's Society! Why not add Warframe to Steam? You wouldn't have to play it with Steam, but for Steam users, this would be a LOT easier and more efficient!

+1

Thank you!

It would also make taking screenshots and videos a LOT easier, and allow them to be uploaded swiftly and efficiently!

But as I said, only those who would want to use it should use it, as it is done with many other Free-to-Play Games! :)

Edited by KristijanZuzija

Here is an example of a screenshot that was taken via Steam (Add Non-Steam Game to your Games List) and instantly uploaded to my screenshots:

http://cloud-2.steam...BF1DB937D3D75D/

It is High-Definition and players won't have to be bothered with image sharing sites anymore! It will all be available on their Steam Profile!

The point of actually adding the game to Steam would ofcourse be the possibilities of Achievements, easily buying with your Steam Wallet, perhaps even buying Starter Packs and many others!

The Game would then also be accessable to Players from anywhere, they could simply log into Steam on another Computer, select the Game to be Downloaded and it will swiftly be done via the highly reliable Steam Servers! Then you simply log into your Warframes Account via the Launcher and voila! No need to go to the site and download install clients!

*waves head in shame* it doesnt need o be on steam after all this game is not to mainstream yet for it to be on also dunno if you noticed this but im sick of saying all the time its on Earlie CBT , also dunno if you noticed but where do you think steam make all there money well at least some off it , from those starting packs or what not you see below the F2P game that moneys goes to steam not the developers , i say its fine where it is right now

It probably will be available on steam when the closed beta is over and the game has been in circulation for a month. just be patient and the time will come. Rise from the ashes and Reclaim!

I am very glad to hear that! I didn't mean right now, it's still in Closed Beta after all, but once it is out I would really love to see it on Steam!

*waves head in shame* it doesnt need o be on steam after all this game is not to mainstream yet for it to be on also dunno if you noticed this but im sick of saying all the time its on Earlie CBT , also dunno if you noticed but where do you think steam make all there money well at least some off it , from those starting packs or what not you see below the F2P game that moneys goes to steam not the developers , i say its fine where it is right now

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about... Steam would be really great for this game because more players wuld play it, the Warframes Community would enlargen, more people would be buying things from the Developers as the Steam Community tends to buy things, and it would be fun for everyone! :)

It probably will be available on steam when the closed beta is over and the game has been in circulation for a month. just be patient and the time will come. Rise from the ashes and Reclaim!

Sounds like what I would expect. Planetside 2 did a similar thing where the beta was SOE only, but then afterward you could download it via Steam.

That said, I don't know why someone said that would make taking video easier -- I thought Steam still hadn't added a video recording/live streaming feature. Did I miss an update to Steam?

...okay, I have to ask... is English your first language? Because I honestly have almost no idea what you are trying to say. I might advise cleaning up your grammar.

On the one point you started with (that I think I read correctly) -- just because a game isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean it doesn't have the prowse to be a standout game on Steam or any platform. This game has more polish and originality poured into it than most AAA titles that launch with a sixty dollar price tag. It's up to Steam Greenlight to decide though, I'd imagine.

Sounds like what I would expect. Planetside 2 did a similar thing where the beta was SOE only, but then afterward you could download it via Steam.

That said, I don't know why someone said that would make taking video easier -- I thought Steam still hadn't added a video recording/live streaming feature. Did I miss an update to Steam?

Aye but by the time this game is out of Closed Beta I imagine things may change in Steam. At least it makes taking screenshots A LOT easier! No need to go searching for some folder hidden deep inside your installation path. I still can't find it! Point is, Steam makes it easier to be in touch with a large Community, and it can be only a positive influence on the Game!

I also play PlanetSide2 through Steam and I must say playing it without Steam would not be as incredible as it is now. Honestly. I hope it comes soon! :)

If only it was a simple as "add it to steam" ... It's not...

Steam will take a cut, steam will require conditions are met, DE will need to adhere to their updating policy, their content policies, their advertising policies... the list goes on.

There are also many discussions about Steam being TOO big, and actually damaging the industry and how it works. Which is why more and more digital platforms are coming out of the woodwork all the time. Steam might actually be hurting some companies... as may other digital platforms.

I like steam BTW, I own a couple of hundred games on it ;)

I'd rather Warframe find its own footing and do its own thing. You don't need Steam to be successful and if you can be successful without it then you will be MUCH better off doing it that way.

Please don't join steam until you really need to DE. Flourish on your own first and show people how it's done ;)

If only it was a simple as "add it to steam" ... It's not...

Steam will take a cut, steam will require conditions are met, DE will need to adhere to their updating policy, their content policies, their advertising policies... the list goes on.

There are also many discussions about Steam being TOO big, and actually damaging the industry and how it works. Which is why more and more digital platforms are coming out of the woodwork all the time. Steam might actually be hurting some companies... as may other digital platforms.

I like steam BTW, I own a couple of hundred games on it ;)

I'd rather Warframe find its own footing and do its own thing. You don't need Steam to be successful and if you can be successful without it then you will be MUCH better off doing it that way.

Please don't join steam until you really need to DE. Flourish on your own first and show people how it's done ;)

Damage companies? Ofcourse they take a cut, they increase a company's customer count, therefore they are entitled to a cut not only because they are actually bringing you a larger profit, but because they do all the advertising for you and get your game out there! Plus the Seatm community actually likes buying things, and Steam might add certain Starter Packs to cover what they want as a profit, leaving you with an almost clean profit of of whatever is bought inside the actual game, since it's free to play anyway. I just found about this game a day or two ago from a really good friend so I went in to check it out, but if I had Steam to advertise for you I would certainly have known of it a lot sooner and if I had access to my Steam Wallet I would also have probably boguht something for the Game already. You are right about one thing surely, Games can become famous without using Steam too, such as Guild Wars II, but people forget that they started advertising more than a year before it was released so ofcourse everybody knew about it. All the other Guild Wars games, however, have been on Steam for a long time now. I bought Nightfall ;)

I agree, this should come on Greenlight in Steam ^^

Absolely! :)