Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To Change Up The Ogris

SeargantHaztagazpacho

Besides reworking the shape, now making it a shoulder firing tube with an upside down magazine, rather than a magic shoebox with toilet paper rolls sticking off it that's wrapped in duct tape, change the firing and mechanics too: the magazine is reduced to three rockets, the damage is reduced by 20% but the blast area is increased, as well as this key feature that will stop you from blowing yourself up.

Now, the Ogris would be like an RPG-7 grenade: it has to travel a certain distance before it is armed and can explode, otherwise it deals heavy impact damage. Also, a low risk of igniting yourself from the backblast, as well as a longer firing time to allow the tube to cool. If the projectile is launched horizontally rather than at the ground, the blast radius upon hitting an enemy is Torid cloud sized but there is punch through for 5 meters (an RPG grenade shoots a hot stream of molten metal on impact).

EDIT: Finished up the post, my break ended early but I hit "post" by accident.

Edited by SeargantHaztagazpacho

not very specific now are you?

having a weapon that requires you to be it on your shoulder may cause issues with clipping....issues with logic of how they would even carry such a heavy weapon...and issues with how the weapon will block user view if it were on the warframes shoulder....the list goes on

if they changed the ogris they would have to change the grineer equivalent designs (since it is a grineer based clantech weapon)

i dont understand whats wrong with the firing and mechanics of the ogris other than it being buggy during laggy times

Edited by sekushiiandee

Yes, because when I'm running through a level obliterating hundreds of enemies, my first thought is "you know, my weapon looks crappy".

This can be applied to all the butthurt fashion queens who vehemently oppose any stats being tied to cosmetic items.

Arcane Helms -- RIP.

The firing style of the weapon and the way it function is fine as it is, The only thing that could be done is rework the model, since they reworked the torid model. The op idea could be used for a another Rocket launcher weapon like one with spiraling rockets that uses 3 rockets a shot and then reload.

Edited by genclaymore

This can be applied to all the butthurt fashion queens who vehemently oppose any stats being tied to cosmetic items.

Arcane Helms -- RIP.

Are you @(*()$ kidding me? The thrakk helmet looks pretty damn great but I don't want to be @(*()$ slower WITH only 5 health. I mean who gives a S#&$, everyone has gotten like 4 copies of each helmet. You can't tell me that the stats they gave to some of the other helmets make a difference what so ever. and the helmets and weapons are 2 different things all together weapons don't get skins to make them look different to give them a change with a positive and negative stat. Finally their primary purpose was aesthetic not the stats that could @(*()$ knock a cup off a table.

Are you @(*()$ kidding me? The thrakk helmet looks pretty damn great but I don't want to be @(*()$ slower WITH only 5 health. I mean who gives a S#&$, everyone has gotten like 4 copies of each helmet. You can't tell me that the stats they gave to some of the other helmets make a difference what so ever. and the helmets and weapons are 2 different things all together weapons don't get skins to make them look different to give them a change with a positive and negative stat. Finally their primary purpose was aesthetic not the stats that could @(*()$ knock a cup off a table.

After weeding through your expletives and unique grammar, I want to thank you for proving my point. By the way, not EVERYONE has "like 4 copies of each helmet". Logic. Try it. You might like it. Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

I like this for a new Tenno based rocket launcher instead of being the new Ogris. It'd mix things up, right now all we have are a grenade launcher and a rocket launcher. (And we also have a fart launcher from the infested. Completing each of the three factions having a version.) I like to make things boom, and I basically only have two options right now, so a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) launcher would be cool. Some could say it's like a combination of the two... sorta.