Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Get This Straight.

StinkyPygmy

Just to clarify, DE takes away infinite wall run, (fun to a point but exploitive) and everyone freaks out then starts throwing shade at DE and making grand sweeping statements that sound like something straight out of "Mein Kampf"?

Tenno, you guys need to cool your jets.

DE's far from perfect but seriously, you can't expect to literally get everything your way.

So no more endless climbing and adventures outside your dojo?

Hardly worth losing your $* over.

At the end of the day its their game and you should be grateful they give even the slightest S#&$ about what their players think. Its not a common thing these days.

How would you like it if you had people consistently whining when you don't tailor your creative endeavor to their needs?

Its their game. 

tumblr_mqo2dmmbUl1rnlt5so1_400_zpse1cfaf

Edit: for clarity I am by no means saying DE can (well technically they can but you know what I mean) do what ever they want and not take the players interest and opinion into consideration. I"m simply pointing out that over such a minor detail, and this isn't the first time, people have freaked as if DE just ate a baby in front of their very eyes.

No, DE aren't some sort of Pseudo deity to be worshiped and have the players at their beck and call, but they also aren't evil overlords trying to ruin your fun by removing a small, unintended bug. Its about give and take and the players can't have everything their way. because guess what? Not everyone agrees in the first place.

TL;DR

DE will never be able to please everyone.

They should take into account their player bases thoughts and feelings.

I do not think their perfect.

But they also have a right to create their game as they see fit too a reasonable point.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

People have been complaining about not getting a refund for spending money on a mechanic they knew would give random outcomes to their kubrows, and speaking of kubrows people are complaining that people who lost theirs through no fault of their own got a mod only obtained through transmutation.  Before that they were saying how unintuitive the new UI is and how OP Mirage is.  Where did this infinite wall thing come from?

Cute spider, though.

I'm taking that gif O.O I need it!

On-topic, I rarely used it :T anywhere that people say it was "needed" there was always another wall BEHIND me, and I could just "Wall Kick" over there.

EDIT: Darnit, Tineye search just gives me the BG... can I haz the .gif please? :3

Edited by Mewfan

It's a step towards removing all that is fun and fast in the game.

And while it is "their game", it's a commercial product and those are tailored to their clients.

Thats speculation based on really nothing.

They took away something they did not want in the game (a minor thing at that) and somehow that equates to removing everything thats fun?

I just don't see the correlation between the two.

People have been complaining about not getting a refund for spending money on a mechanic they knew would give random outcomes to their kubrows, and speaking of kubrows people are complaining that people who lost theirs through no fault of their own got a mod only obtained through transmutation.  Before that they were saying how unintuitive the new UI is and how OP Mirage is.  Where did this infinite wall thing come from?

Cute spider, though.

There was a thread about it somewhere, along with a few others. I mean the kubrow scrambling thing I get.

But people were less angry about that, which is weird because thats actually a significant thing.

not "waaagh DE y U tak away mi funz?"

All infinite wallrun was good for was breaking maps. As pointed out, if there's somewhere you need to go higher than a single wallrun there's always another wall you can flip to.

exactly. I never needed infinite wall run to get anywhere out of reach, well somewhere out of reach you would have a reason to want to go to. just need to do a bit of thinking.

exactly. I never needed infinite wall run to get anywhere out of reach, well somewhere out of reach you would have a reason to want to go to. just need to do a bit of thinking.

Also i needed infinite wall running cause sometimes i go to the end of void to loot alittle then i have to wall run two times to get over that wall.

Edited by SarahApple

Im all for immersiveness in a game and such, and wallrun was a thing that bugged me. What's the point of things like super jump or rip line if you can just wall run up everywhere? At least now if you want to reach a difficult point, you have to parkour between pillars or use abilities that I mentioned. Just seemed unrealistic that your guy pretty much had magnetic boots to just climb upwards infinitely...

Still waiting on coptering to be removed as well. Dual ichors + copter = why the hell isn't this S#&$ taken out, you can get across the entire map in mere seconds. Was a little dissapointed when a few dev streams ago they were talking about leaving it in because it was fine.

And while it is "their game", it's a commercial product and those are tailored to their clients.

sorry but infinite wall run didnt make the game fun and fast....

iono what youre talking about

i am personally glad they got rid of infinite wall run because thats not what the game is meant to be

Edited by sekushiiandee

Ignore the many fun things they add each update for the sake of your argument

Youve already lost

There was a thread about it somewhere, along with a few others. I mean the kubrow scrambling thing I get.

But people were less angry about that, which is weird because thats actually a significant thing.

not "waaagh DE y U tak away mi funz?"

Hmph.  At the risk of starting another flame war, it sounded that way to me.

i doubt they will since coptering is weapon and aspd specific....

not all weapons can efficiently do it and its not entirely exploitive

Literally all I felt I had to do.

As with all unknowns though, everything is a matter of time.  I continue to wait and see what DE does as I have for months.

Edited by DalaiLlama