Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Get This Straight.

StinkyPygmy

They're putting back in infinite wall running

Are they really? I was just a little bummed out about the removal but I didn't make any noise about it.

They've already stated they liked the mechanic, accidently removed it, and are putting it back in.  Cool your pigtails, Nancy.

Yeah I remember them talking about it in a dev stream about how they liked the mechanic, it kinda boggled my mind as to why it was removed. I'm happy to know it was accidental and not intentional.

Edited by Trowicia

Personally I don't have a problem with coptering.

Mostly because its not coptering thats an issue but people that use it rush ahead of their team.

Rushers are the problem when you're not interested in rushing.

I mostly use it to remove grineer heads with a well timed copter. 

Its a tonne of fun seeing a heavy cut in half while you sail past him and into the fray.

Also, when did DE state they were bringing it back? they just mentioned they were taking it out not too long ago.

And it was pretty definite as well.

ZfiCbiT_zps78aaa229.gif

Edited by StinkyPygmy

lol.. Damn I began to wonder why I couldn't wallrun and then perform a quick slide into another wallrun endlessly anymore... i'm like , now how in the hell am I supposed to reach that treasure room in the void now??

Alas! We have to do it "Ninja Gaiden" style, jumping from wall to wall. Makes sense I guess, but I am sure gonna miss that infinite wall run.

There were a few places where traversing the level was unpredictable with a standard wall run or with jumping.  One example is from the grineer galleon map.  Not a particularly big room, but had a power conduit of some sort in the middle and two rows of round columns on each side that you would have to climb if you entered on bottom and had to exit out the top.  Wall running would often just toss me off rather then climb up no matter which column I tried, and jumping from bottom to middle to top would often auto-roll me off at some point even if I didn't have sprint on.

They have fixed those issues, but it's still an annoyingly slow room in a fast paced game.  It's almost pointless because there really doesn't seem to be much of a reason why you slide down rather then climb to the top of the highest pillar in one run.  It looks like you make it but it won't climb up with most frames.  Infinite wall run was not a good solution, but it certainly cut back on dealing with the other problems that were involved.

Add on the fact that I just saw someone cross the longest room in the game with a wall run that didn't slow them down at all, and you pretty much realize that infinite wall run is still in in some way for some players, whether it be a mod or a glitch abuse issue, and you end up realizing that the current solution does not work.

Taking care of the map breaking is the primary step to this problem.  Making sure that flipping to other walls and back working is the next step, and finally once those are taken care off, then remove infinite wall run.  Until wall running works well for anyone that will need it, don't remove the shortcut, or you will be shutting some people off from content that is inaccessible except with a complicated and imperfect wall run system.

Are they really? I was just a little bummed out about the removal but I didn't make any noise about it.

Yeah I remember them talking about it in a dev stream about how they liked the mechanic, it kinda boggled my mind as to why it was removed. I'm happy to know it was accidental and not intentional.

They were trying to take of the lauching of the char sometimes when you do wall running but in turn is fixed the wallrunning

Personally I don't have a problem with coptering.

Mostly because its not coptering thats an issue but people that use it rush ahead of their team.

Rushers are the problem when you're not interested in rushing.

I mostly use it to remove grineer heads with a well timed copter. 

Its a tonne of fun seeing a heavy cut in half while you sail past him and into the fray.

Also, when did DE state they were bringing it back? they just mentioned they were taking it out not too long ago.

And it was pretty definite as well.

ZfiCbiT_zps78aaa229.gif

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/269878-ninja-wall-run-now-removed/#entry3124610

lol.

Ok I have two tips for you.

1: equipping a rush mod allows you to climb further. So you can easily make it up there. faster frames have an advantage in climbing and sayrn is a relatively slow frame.

2: wall run attacks launch you in the direction you aim including upwards. If you don't want to equip rush you can just aim up and press E.

Easy. I've been up there plenty of times and you don't need infinite climbing.

Thats the wall run slingshot... not infinite climbing...

Two different things.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/270189-can-we-haz-wall-run-back/page-4#entry3128594

Did you read the posts she put in there?

here is the one she was talking about

Couple of things.

The introduction of the slingshot maneuever was an accident. We actively worked on fixing it but found it "cool" enough to be left in. Again, it was an accident, not intended and designed in the first place and only very barely made it into game at all.

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectly playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, again, please bear with us.

Edited by SarahApple

At the end of the day its their game and you should be grateful they give even the slightest S#&$ about what their players think.

This statement is just as bad; when players advocate for the dev's to the point where they believe they have no rights and empower said developer to do what they want.

Honestly, that type of line is cringe-worthy to look at, because in the end: a business cannot survive without its consumers, the same as any other business.

Except, apparently, the gaming industry is fine and dandy treating their players like sub-human waste who MUST worship their gaming creators as gods and rock-stars...as if.

Now I'm not trying to take a statement out of context, but that line really isn't the proper way to convey things either. 

You have people who whine and complain, because they feel entitled, but you also have those who will literally preach that no gamer/consumer has any rights and they should be "grateful" for anything the developer gives them; that is wrong.  Developers are not Deities to be worshiped, nor should anything that they enact be taken as "truth" without fail or faults.

Both types of reasoning are unjustified and wrong, so can you "cool your jets" and think about what statements you want to type out just to get a point across?

Did you read the posts she put in there?

here is the one she was talking about

Couple of things.

The introduction of the slingshot maneuever was an accident. We actively worked on fixing it but found it "cool" enough to be left in. Again, it was an accident, not intended and designed in the first place and only very barely made it into game at all.

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectly playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, again, please bear with us.

I did. And rebecca was talking about the fact that players are lunched off a wall when wall running horizontally.

We're talking about the infinity vertical wall run climbing. 

Once again, two completely different things.

How would you like it if you had people consistently whining when you don't tailor your creative endeavor to their needs?

Well to be honest, if these people were paying customers and if I really think that they would take their hard earned money elsewhere because they don't like what I did with my "creative endeavor" I would try to tweak it to make them happy.

Personally I never really exploited the infinite wall run thing though I did mess with it a few times and thought it was pretty fun(note as in tested, not used in game to my advantage)  and I can see the appeal to it and why people would be upset.  I'm not personally upset about it because I never used all that much but when DE makes decisions like nerf stamina, but say they won't use a cover system because they want to keep the game "fast paced" where meanwhile Arcane Vanguard Rhinos and Lokis are running way ahead of everyone blowing things up while Frost is lagging behind like the fat kid on the playground or when they remove an "exploit like this" because reasons, but then don't nerf coptering because they "love it, and it's here to stay", then I get some concerns over their decision making process.   If DE doesn't like exploits then they should remove them all or find some way to PROPERLY incorporate them into the game instead of "picking and choosing" what exploits and loopholes stay in and which ones get fixed.

The people who are mad about this are the people who are too damn lazy to play the game properly. I never used the infinite wall run, and to me, it just made playing the game really annoying because I'd get teamed up with people who'd just rush so damn far ahead using things like that. This was especially frustrating on extermination missions because I wouldn't get to kill anything, which just takes all the fun out of it. I think DE should nerf the hell out of things like this. We're a cell, people.. we are meant to play as a team, not compete against each other for the highest score.. that's what conclave and such are for.

Users asks

I seem to be struggling to get up to places now that we can't run up walls properly any more. Is this a genuine accidental bug, or another mere DE drunken decision?

DE says

No intentional nerf has taken place, it was not intended to drastically remove this, but it is a side effect that we're looking into.

Does that help?

This statement is just as bad; when players advocate for the dev's to the point where they believe they have no rights and empower said developer to do what they want.

Honestly, that type of line is cringe-worthy to look at, because in the end: a business cannot survive without its consumers, the same as any other business.

Except, apparently, the gaming industry is fine and dandy treating their players like sub-human waste who MUST worship their gaming creators as gods and rock-stars...as if.

Now I'm not trying to take a statement out of context, but that line really isn't the proper way to convey things either. 

You have people who whine and complain, because they feel entitled, but you also have those who will literally preach that no gamer/consumer has any rights and they should be "grateful" for anything the developer gives them; that is wrong.  Developers are not Deities to be worshiped, nor should anything that they enact be taken as "truth" without fail or faults.

Both types of reasoning are unjustified and wrong, so can you "cool your jets" and think about what statements you want to type out just to get a point across?

I'm not preaching either. I'm just amazed at how entitled and angry people get over a minor and irrelevant detail.

By no means can DE do what ever they please without consulting their player base, nor should they. But in this case its over something that is a minor issue at best.

I'm talking about greedy milk here, not kissing DE's rear end.

Users asks

I seem to be struggling to get up to places now that we can't run up walls properly any more. Is this a genuine accidental bug, or another mere DE drunken decision?

DE says

No intentional nerf has taken place, it was not intended to drastically remove this, but it is a side effect that we're looking into.

Does that help?

Go back to the link I posted earlier.

Rebecca wasn't talking about infinite climbing.

DE please don't read this :P

Hold forward and jump to wallrun, at the top of the wallrun let go forward (this will make you fall down) then repress jump and forward, repeat = infinite wallrun.

Killerkarpfen: Enjoy while it lasts. This is already being fixed as we speak. ;)

Edited by Killerkarpfen, Today, 04:08 AM.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The problem i have with the removal of infinite wall-run is without a high mobility frame, and with teleporting, distance creating abilities, alot of secret areas are unreachable now. If they made changes with the removal of infy wall-run, It would of been smoother imo.