Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Get This Straight.

StinkyPygmy

Added a side note for clarity.

So we can get past the misunderstanding that I think DE are our supreme overloads and can do what ever they want regardless of the playerbase.

Come on now, thats a ridiculous notion.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Look it is a product. If any company person entity etc wants to sit in the corner and make music for themselves that is fine. If they want to distribute it to the world for free they can do that too. However, the minute you ask anybody for capital whether it be through sales, a loan, partnership, etc you now aren't entitled to your way and your way alone without repercussion. I think the response is a little strong at the same time there is no way in hell you can tell paying customers to,"Deal with it." and not expect some backlash. The only people who get to do that are drug dealers. And while we know games are nearly as addictive as drugs the fact remains this is an industry with many dealers.

Be a White Knight or B!tch til the cows come home fact remains this is business and if some people stop liking the product they stop paying for it. End of story.

The infinite wall-climbing I only used because people were telling me "Just do it this way, it's how it was meant to be done"... Well, I goofed up trying it out, and I spun my camera around, and I found out, by accident, that I could keep climbing on the OTHER wall...

Instant I figured that out, I never did the vertical-glitching again :T I'm sorry to anyone that LIKED the climb, I like seeing my frames do flips, and it feels more like Prince of Persia with the "Wall kicks" method I just described.

You can't even say it's hard, my little brother, who has *ZERO* experience in any games that aren't Call of Duty/ Generic Racing Games, performed a PERFECT "Wall kick" up to one of the void loot areas, with me just telling him how I did it. Literally, perfectly! as *RHINO*! Not even his Loki! You can't say it's "impossible", or that the other way was "Required", when someone that's had *ZERO* experience can pull it off with a CONTROLLER, on their first try, from having zero hands-on experience beforehand. I'm going to stick by the Devs, and keep laughing at my Guildmates who abused that bug to death, now that I can get higher than them, because they're too lazy to learn to wall-kick.

I'm going to laugh at all the rushers, sprinters, speedrunners, and Nitrous-guzzlers that hit a wall they can't infinitely vertical u, before quitting and raging. The game plays just as fine as it did, enemies still die if you shoot them, you can still copter, you can still wall run, wall climb, heck, you can even do some REALLY fancy status procs that *ARE* a bug at the moment. Even though I love that in particular, I have specifically asked DE to fix it.

TL:DR = The game plays fine, wall running/climbing still works,  learn to use other walls and terrain, and stop rushing so other people can enjoy it. Just because I've played Void countless times doesn't mean I'm sick of seeing it. I like to find hidden caches of loot.

The people who are mad about this are the people who are too damn lazy to play the game properly. I never used the infinite wall run, and to me, it just made playing the game really annoying because I'd get teamed up with people who'd just rush so damn far ahead using things like that. This was especially frustrating on extermination missions because I wouldn't get to kill anything, which just takes all the fun out of it. I think DE should nerf the hell out of things like this. We're a cell, people.. we are meant to play as a team, not compete against each other for the highest score.. that's what conclave and such are for.

Not trying to sound snobby or anything and I can definitely live without infinite wall running(which has nothin to do with rushing)

Going a little off topic just for you

Have you ever thought that you might be too slow instead of others being too fast? After a year of playing warframe, I can't stand players who are too damn slow. I cant stand it when i run to a double terminal door and players are taking their sweet A$$ time, its really annoying. Not being able to kill things because someone ahead of you did, isn't their fault. I personally love to speed run through missions because, well, I've done them thousands of times before. I don't need to stare at the environment after I've seen the same tile sets over and over. As far as competing goes, it's not just in PvP, it's also in PvE. Otherwise, why in the end of our missions, do the results show who dealt more damage, did more head shots and who revived the most, etc? It's all a competition somewhere to someone wether you realize it or not. So nerfing whatever gives us the ability to get ahead is a big no no.

Infinite wall running is something else and has nothing to do with people speeding through.

Look it is a product. If any company person entity etc wants to sit in the corner and make music for themselves that is fine. If they want to distribute it to the world for free they can do that too. However, the minute you ask anybody for capital whether it be through sales, a loan, partnership, etc you now aren't entitled to your way and your way alone without repercussion. I think the response is a little strong at the same time there is no way in hell you can tell paying customers to,"Deal with it." and not expect some backlash. The only people who get to do that are drug dealers. And while we know games are nearly as addictive as drugs the fact remains this is an industry with many dealers.

Be a White Knight or B!tch til the cows come home fact remains this is business and if some people stop liking the product they stop paying for it. End of story.

You are hugely misunderstanding my point.

I'm not championing DE in any way, shape or form.

I'm questioning the logic and hysteria behind tearing them a new one because they removed a small, unintended exploit.

Nothing more.

Feel free to throw the term "white Knight" around all you want.

It still doesn't detract from my original point.

Minor change to unintended bug thats has little effect on gameplay = mass hysteria?

They removed infinite wall running. How now i get into void /orokin secret rooms that are nicely hidden. Play frames that have teleport only + valkyr's hook?

Edit: places where you cannot go without infinite run or multiple mobility spells. Places that people are supposed to be able go. Not talking about going off map. 

Hard to believe such things being accident if maps have been coded like infinite wall run were the thing.

Edited by Agullimux

They removed infinite wall running. How now i get into secret rooms that are nicely hidden. Play frames that have teleport only + valkyr's hook?

Very easily.

If I can do it with a thrak rhino and no rush equipped, and speed is a big factor in how far you climb, then you can.

Just requires a bit more effort and thought. 

Wall melee attacks are your friend when it comes to getting to out of reach places.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I personally don't see why they removed it, Valkyr is spiderman, and now she, Nova, and Loki are the only ones who can reach the secret room above the reactors in the tall rooms with elevators on the sides in the void. personally, I think instead of removing infinite wall run, they should make a way to "stick" to the wall, like holding jump while on a wall will let you stop, then you recover stamina and go up a little more. the only difference between having infinite wall running and not, is that now only some of the warframes can get to hard to reach places, while before, it was "possible" for any to get their, and was for that reason rewarding to do so. I dunno, it's DE's game, but this is something that wasn't really a "problem" and that I don't recall seeing a lot of "complaints" about.

Edited by Temphis

The infinite wall-climbing I only used because people were telling me "Just do it this way, it's how it was meant to be done"... Well, I goofed up trying it out, and I spun my camera around, and I found out, by accident, that I could keep climbing on the OTHER wall...

Instant I figured that out, I never did the vertical-glitching again :T I'm sorry to anyone that LIKED the climb, I like seeing my frames do flips, and it feels more like Prince of Persia with the "Wall kicks" method I just described.

Oh, I know those. DEvs like putting them in, and I sure like doing it! Found out back when they introduced the new Corpus Ship Defense tile with the busted elevator.

Exception being at the Void tile with those energy tubes, double-wallrunning from a flat wall to curved surface is super frustrating sometimes. Doable though.

Never actually did one Infinite wallrun intentionally.

I personally don't see why they removed it, Valkyr is spiderman, and now she, Nova, and Loki are the only ones who can reach the secret room above the reactors in the tall rooms with elevators on the sides in the void.

Double wallrun up the leftmost wall (left towards door, right towards elevator, down is entrance) and the adjacent tube. Helps if you have high speed, means you need to do less wallruns, meaning less chances to mess it up.

Edited by Shion963

I personally don't see why they removed it, Valkyr is spiderman, and now she, Nova, and Loki are the only ones who can reach the secret room above the reactors in the tall rooms with elevators on the sides in the void. personally, I think instead of removing infinite wall run, they should make a way to "stick" to the wall, like holding jump while on a wall will let you stop, then you recover stamina and go up a little more. the only difference between having infinite wall running and not, is that now only some of the warframes can get to hard to reach places, while before, it was "possible" for any to get their, and was for that reason rewarding to do so. I dunno, it's DE's game, but this is something that wasn't really a "problem" and that I don't recall seeing a lot of "complaints" about.

While I don't really mind whether or not its kept in the game, it is possible for all frames to get to anywhere important or where there is loot. Including in the void. The only reason you might need the exploit is if there wasn't another wall behind you to back flip onto and keep climbing. The funny thing is, a lot of these rooms, especially ones in the void are designed for just that. using two parallel walls to ping pong off to get into said rooms.

Its not needed to get anywhere short of ridiculous areas, and you can still get to absurd places without it.

I personally don't see why they removed it, Valkyr is spiderman, and now she, Nova, and Loki are the only ones who can reach the secret room above the reactors in the tall rooms with elevators on the sides in the void.

I'm gonna stop you right there, cuz every frame at stock speed (even a Rhino) can reach that spot without infinite wallrun.  People just relied on it rather than learning how to actually wallrun properly and now most couldn't tell you how to do so.

Anyways as per my own thoughts on the removal.  I'm overall glad it is gone but am not the type of person who thought it was necessary to remove.  During normal gameplay it didn't really cause issues to warrant its removal, that's about as far as my thoughts go there.

The separate issue of slingshot/vaulting however, well I can't live without that.  It's just too damn fun to stay gone so I'm glad that the official word is that it'll return.  Because it's amazing.

Noone really goes there and there are very few examples of practical places that thrak rhino cant reach

Everyone says the says one as if thats enough to matter

You are hugely misunderstanding my point.

I'm not championing DE in any way, shape or form.

I'm questioning the logic and hysteria behind tearing them a new one because they removed a small, unintended exploit.

Nothing more.

Feel free to throw the term "white Knight" around all you want.

It still doesn't detract from my original point.

Minor change to unintended bug thats has little effect on gameplay = mass hysteria?

Look I never did the wall run thing. I could care much less. What you seem to misunderstand is criticism to your logic. It doesn't matter if you or I think it is a small deal (learn to read post before quoting and responding to them). The fact is people will complain regardless. They put money and/or time into this product so anything that is done will likely receive some criticism regardless. 

The sad part of your post is that you are quite literally a hypocrite. I responded not directly at you but everyone in this thread. You just happened to notice I quoted you and had an over reaction to my comments taking them personally rather than reading the whole of what I said. You said the community over reacted to what DE changed in terms of wall running. You just over reacted to a few words on screen not directly addressed to you personally. Are you really the person to tell anyone in this community how they should or should not act?

Sigh..I did understand you I just had a different perspective. Take you emotions out of it. It a little change to you but big to others and like many gaming changes it was met with some fervent anger, some lukewarm responses and lots of apathy. 

Look I never did the wall run thing. I could care much less. What you seem to misunderstand is criticism to your logic. It doesn't matter if you or I think it is a small deal (learn to read post before quoting and responding to them). The fact is people will complain regardless. They put money and/or time into this product so anything that is done will likely receive some criticism regardless. 

The sad part of your post is that you are quite literally a hypocrite. I responded not directly at you but everyone in this thread. You just happened to notice I quoted you and had an over reaction to my comments taking them personally rather than reading the whole of what I said. You said the community over reacted to what DE changed in terms of wall running. You just over reacted to a few words on screen not directly addressed to you personally. Are you really the person to tell anyone in this community how they should or should not act?

Sigh..I did understand you I just had a different perspective. Take you emotions out of it. It a little change to you but big to others and like many gaming changes it was met with some fervent anger, some lukewarm responses and lots of apathy. 

You're assuming I took it personally. I did no such thing.

That hardly makes my statement hypocritical. I was suggesting people look at the issue from a calmer POV and chill a bit. That doesn't make me responding to opinions that are contradictory to mine hypocritical. Its a discussion as long as both sides allow for it. Had I gotten offended or angry at you disagreeing with me then, yes that would have been hypocritical to a point.

I did fully read your post but believe it or not it is possible for things to be misunderstood either due to the way they were worded or the reader misunderstanding. Its a common occurrence. Which its clearly what happened in both instances.

Make no mistake, I'm not assuming some position of superiority with my opinion on the matter and I am well aware most things in WF position are open to criticism, especially where money is concerned. What I am questioning is the level vitriol hurled around in the name of a small feature/bug being removed. I'm questioning the logic. Not directly attacking anyone or telling the community what to do.

I'm not naive enough to think anyone would listen or give two poops in the first place.

You made a hell of a lot of assumptions of my intentions and feelings on the matter.

Edited by StinkyPygmy