Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Get This Straight.

StinkyPygmy

The Wall-Vault/Wall-Launch seemed fine to me anyway, it's not like we can't get a very similar maneuver with just a good Slide+Jump.

The Wall-Vault is totally plausible.

The Wall-Run issue, though... that Wall-Run Interrupt leveled the playing field, and it wasn't exactly "easy" to do.  Just enough latency connecting with your match's host would throw off the timing a lot.

Bottom line, for me, is that the Wall-Run never lasted long enough to begin with, and it's not like it makes a lot of sense to just not-very-slowly slide down the wall.  It makes more sense to make contact, stick there, and be able to do subsequent sticky-jumps.

But it makes a lot more sense to vertically Wall-Run until your stupid Stamina bar is depleted.

It's a step towards removing all that is fun and fast in the game.

And while it is "their game", it's a commercial product and those are tailored to their clients.

Not even close. It's a step towards squashing exploits... y'know, that thing that most good games do.

ya know whats funny about this video? I wall run this exact wall every time I'm in the void. never fail it. and never at any time needed that wall run exploit to make it. you are releasing your spacebar to soon.. that is why you flip off the top.. all that video demonstrates is that you aren't holding the spacebar properly. 

ya know whats funny about this video? I wall run this exact wall every time I'm in the void. never fail it. and never at any time needed that wall run exploit to make it. you are releasing your spacebar to soon.. that is why you flip off the top.. all that video demonstrates is that you aren't holding the spacebar properly. 

To be fair Sayrn being one of the slower frames, and I use her a lot, she does struggle to just make climbs that high without rush. I've struggled to get up there with her before. You can do it by making sure you get a good jump in before or if you just wall attack upwards. Theres almost never anything up there anyway.

It's a step towards removing all that is fun and fast in the game.

And while it is "their game", it's a commercial product and those are tailored to their clients.

Fixing a broken mechanic is sucking the fun out of a game? Right...

sigh let me make a video....

Let me make a video instead disproving this, by using, oh, I don't know, the starter frame, excalibur. You can go anywhere that you want to without infinite wallrunning. All you have to do is try, I know it's hard and all, but if you just put a little effort into it, I'm sure you could do it! Unless effort isn't your thing, and you prefer to *@##$ about things rather than try.

Come on people, it's seriously stupid to complain about this S#&$. I have never exploited the infinite wall running glitch, and I have NEVER run into a situation that I needed to. This isn't a mechanics problem, it's a skill problem. Go forth and actually learn how to play warframe.

I'm just waiting for them to take out coptering and finish the job.

tumblr_lmk0llZq2z1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Well I would agree if i didn't use coptering a LOT on my valkyr for quick distance killing. also my spin attack is the strongest on my ichors, so it goes hand in hand. However, I think they should tweak it just a little bit, because a lot of times I will fall off a cliff because of a huge unexpected copter.

Hah, infinite wallrun is still possible, not gonna say how because i don't like watching the world burn, just a little bit.

So is playing as the stalker and I mean full on invading instances and hunting down other players. I've never had so much fun in a video game before. Of course I'm not going to tell you how to do this, but you can trust me I'm some guy with Internet access.

So is playing as the stalker and I mean full on invading instances and hunting down other players. I've never had so much fun in a video game before. Of course I'm not going to tell you how to do this, but you can trust me I'm some guy with Internet access.

You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Infinite Wall run was very useful for PvP. Especially if you had a sniper, seeing as you can't just fight someone with your sniper straight on. It's best to go to hard to reach places as fast and efficient as possible, and sometimes failing at doing so would only cause you to die. 

To be fair Sayrn being one of the slower frames, and I use her a lot, she does struggle to just make climbs that high without rush. I've struggled to get up there with her before. You can do it by making sure you get a good jump in before or if you just wall attack upwards. Theres almost never anything up there anyway.

You could always use the run-->slide-->jump-->wallrun method to make up for the extra height

Infinite Wall run was very useful for PvP. Especially if you had a sniper, seeing as you can't just fight someone with your sniper straight on. It's best to go to hard to reach places as fast and efficient as possible, and sometimes failing at doing so would only cause you to die. 

You can if you're fast and accurate with aiming and 'pulling the trigger'.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

You could always use the run-->slide-->jump-->wallrun method to make up for the extra height

You can if you're fast and accurate with aiming and 'pulling the trigger'.

... what's the point of having a sniper if you can't be a support? Wont it be more efficient if you had a Soma, perhaps, instead of a Vectis or Lenka? 

Also, as a side note, seeing as the Infinite wall run can be VERY useful in some situations and very ninja like, why not just keep it in, but you only stop once you have no more stamina... 

Another, ' nother, side note. Infinite Wall run never broke the maps. I'd say Zephyr, Loki, or Valkyr would be better at breaking the maps than the wall run. You need a flat surface to do it, and most of the tilesets don't even go high enough to do anything magical. 

Edited by MegaSnail

... what's the point of having a sniper if you can't be a support? Wont it be more efficient if you had a Soma, perhaps, instead of a Vectis or Lenka? 

Also, as a side note, seeing as the Infinite wall run can be VERY useful in some situations and very ninja like, why not just keep it in, but you only stop once you have no more stamina...

What's the point of having a sniper if the regular rifles work just as effectively? I love the vectis but this game isn't sniper friendly

All infinite wallrun was good for was breaking maps. As pointed out, if there's somewhere you need to go higher than a single wallrun there's always another wall you can flip to.

I dunno, I liked having the extra mobility option when traversing the same tiles for the umpteenth time. Pulling off maneuvers that require a modicum of technical execution is satisfying to me. I think the place where I got the most use out of it — and where I found it spiced up gameplay — was Conclave.

I'm not mad about its removal but I can understand why others are irritated.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Im all for immersiveness in a game and such, and wallrun was a thing that bugged me. What's the point of things like super jump or rip line if you can just wall run up everywhere? At least now if you want to reach a difficult point, you have to parkour between pillars or use abilities that I mentioned. Just seemed unrealistic that your guy pretty much had magnetic boots to just climb upwards infinitely...

Still waiting on coptering to be removed as well. Dual ichors + copter = why the hell isn't this S#&$ taken out, you can get across the entire map in mere seconds. Was a little dissapointed when a few dev streams ago they were talking about leaving it in because it was fine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

i instantly lost a TON of respect for the DEv team when they stated they wanted to leave 'coptering' ingame, i was like "WTLF?!?!?!, WHY?!?!?"

dont get me wrong, a little extra momentum on a melee slide attack is ok, but 'coptering' is stupid and invalidates 50% of the game (makes other travel/movement powers less by comparison, make avoiding huge tiles too easy, makes avoiding groups of enemies too easy, etc)

give us mid-air melee attacks that are NOT a buggy ground-slide atk, make the mid-air kick its own thing, hell maybe even a low sweep kick would be nice

AND give us another VIABLE move-fast-sprint-roll-flip-dodge mechanic to "replace" 'coptering', something that looks good ingame and doesn't bypass entire missions

sidenote - this easily parallels into parkour 2.0 and stamina 2.0, because IMHO if running/sprinting/rolling and stamina worked properly, ppl wouldn't need to 'copter' all over the place

Another, ' nother, side note. Infinite Wall run never broke the maps. I'd say Zephyr, Loki, or Valkyr would be better at breaking the maps than the wall run. You need a flat surface to do it, and most of the tilesets don't even go high enough to do anything magical. 

If Your Vectis is modded properly it should be a oneshot kill. Most snipers that I have seen start the round by positioning themselves so that they can see into your spawn and shooting you if you decide to take that route out of spawn (since there are three main routes out of one spawn, and two out of the other (with one or two 'sneakier' ways out as well. 

There is no need for a support sniper in conclave. You're either accurate and are oneshotting them, or you're inaccurate and are dead weight to your team. If you are accurate, Soma and Boltor prime users won't be any trouble for you.

The infinite wallrun was not ninja-like (even the fictional ninja) in the slightest. One method looked like you were just tripping every few steps and the other features a start and stop. The most fictional-ninja-like wallrun would be one that lets you run up the wall infinitely with no interrupts necessary. Or the alternating method that DE intended to be used to reach higher up places.

Well I would agree if i didn't use coptering a LOT on my valkyr for quick distance killing. also my spin attack is the strongest on my ichors, so it goes hand in hand. However, I think they should tweak it just a little bit, because a lot of times I will fall off a cliff because of a huge unexpected copter.

I also use it a lot, but I guess it's the principle.

The coptering is a precedence-case. It's been considered an exploit that was never supposed to happen, yet it got implemented as a regular feature due to popular demand/request. It got even buffed with Melee 2.0 so with most weapons you fly through complete rooms with ease. How's that not bypassing the Stamina system or any other restriction of the game?

So I can relate to people being mad about the wallrun-fix/change. The "exploit" existed for over 9 months and was introduced with the Corpus Gas City. Many people have adapted to it and some didn't know it's an exploit that at all.

So I'm basically for either remove both coptering and the wallrun-exploit or none at all. xD

I also use it a lot, but I guess it's the principle.

The coptering is a precedence-case. It's been considered an exploit that was never supposed to happen, yet it got implemented as a regular feature due to popular demand/request. It got even buffed with Melee 2.0 so with most weapons you fly through complete rooms with ease. How's that not bypassing the Stamina system or any other restriction of the game?

So I can relate to people being mad about the wallrun-fix/change. The "exploit" existed for over 9 months and was introduced with the Corpus Gas City. Many people have adapted to it and some didn't know it's an exploit that at all.

So I'm basically for either remove both coptering and the wallrun-exploit or none at all. xD

I wouldn't remove coptering entirely because its actually a legitimate skill for melee.

Nerf its ability to clear entire maps by all means but don't take away the ability to cut a grineer heavy in half by lunching into them and swinging your melee weapon into their heads.

its fun and practical.

I wouldn't remove coptering entirely because its actually a legitimate skill for melee.

Nerf its ability to clear entire maps by all means but don't take away the ability to cut a grineer heavy in half by lunching into them and swinging your melee weapon into their heads.

its fun and practical.

Those are two different kind of things anyways.

Spin-attack to kill an enemy should be done when your feet are on the ground.

Coptering doesn't require your feet to be touching the ground, it requires you to be mid-air to be triggered which actually is a movement-exploit in my eyes the same way as infinite-wallrunning was. Gaining momentuum in mid-air is breaking the laws of physics the same way as infinite wallrunning does (not that wallrunning is very realistic to begin with) and it defies the restrictions set by the game with Stamina.

Edited by MeduSalem