Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breeding: What I Know So Far?

GL.exe

Question

I need confirmation to see if this is right or not.

Example:

*I was told that Gender doesn't matter because they asexually reproduce.*

Imprint A: Male/Female

Fur Coat: Brown

Pattern: Grey Lotus

Physique: Small Height & Skinny

Breed: Sunika

Imprint B: Male/Female

Fur Coat: White

Pattern: Blue Default Huras [as seen in codex]

Physique: Medium Height & Well-built [Not Bulky]

Breed: Sahasa 

Resulting Kubrow:

Male/Female

Pattern: Blue Lotus

Physique: Medium Height & Well-built [Not Bulky]

--------------------------

Is this correct? If not, can someone correct me? Breeding confuses me.

Is it also possible to duplicate a Kubrow by using a single imprint? Or are two imprints required?

Edited by ExxeFrame

14 answers to this question

To my understanding there appears to be 6 types of HEIGHT (May be 5 or 7 as I have lost sight of the screenshots of different Kubrow height, I will post screenshots when I get on the PC) and 3 types of PHYSIQUE.

So for now I will label a number ranging from 1 to 6 inside brackets beside the height while PHYSIQUE will be labeled simply as skinny, normal, and bulky.

Furthermore, I have speculated that gender and breed is random or area drop dependent - as two imprints containing male Sahasas does not 100% guarantee a female Sahasa offspring and that their gender and breed is determined the moment they are confirmed a Kubrow Egg with a gender. I have farmed ALL my Kubrow Egg - that I have hatched, matured, and imprinted(with the exception of Imprint A as it was not originally mine) at Earth Pacific. The resulting gender and breed has ALWAY been Male and Huras. I have NO proof of this theory yet.

I've experimented with two eggs so far;
*Colors of these Kubrows were BEFORE the hotfix containing color correction*
*I gained Imprint A from the first random person I saw with a Kubrow meaning that I do not have a Kubrow with the exact traits as Imprint A in my Incubator. Thus I cannot view Imprint A's color as I have used it for this experiment.*

NOTE;Imprint A was placed at the LEFT slot while Imprint B was placed at the RIGHT slot.*

​                                                                                  
Imprint A: Male
Pattern: Blue Lotus
Physique: Tall(6) & Bulky
Breed: Sunika

This screenshot was taken BEFORE color correction fix.

lGB1vuR.png

​                                                                                  

- Imprint B's traits before the color correction. 

Imprint: B Male

Pattern: Light Blue Hyena Patches

Physique: Medium(3) & Normal

Breed: Huras

This screenshot was taken AFTER color correction fix.

b05trqb.png

Resulting Offspring;

Male

White Coat

Blue Lotus

Medium(3) & Normal

Imprint A may have had the "Socks" markings on his body.  It is also possible that traits were identical; Brown Coat and Blue Pattern [the mild lime green may have been a light shade of grey].

*This screenshot was taken AFTER the color correction fix.

ZeOQHZS.png

The Offspring gain the pattern & markings of the Imprint A placed at the LEFT slot while gaining the COLOR and PHYSIQUE of Imprint B at the RIGHT slot.

First experiment Concluded.

My second experiment involved using one of the Offspring's Imprints and merged it with this Sahasa Kubrow;

*Note; I placed Offspring Imprint of the first experiment at the LEFT slot*

This one placed at the RIGHT slot as I am attempting to gain it's Physique.  This is also a shot of the Sahasa Kubrow BEFORE color correction hotfix.

fWslsWt.png

Resulting Offspring:

Main Color: Blue Coat

Pattern & Markings: Black Lotus & Lime Green Underbelly w/ Black Socks

Physique: Tall[4] & Normal

fN7WRKD.pngSOojVTh.png

Offspring appears to have gained - what I can assume was - the Sahasa's Fur Color after the color correction hotfix and its PHYSIQUE. It has taken in the Huras Kubrows Breed, Black [unknown if the Sahasa's Lotus color was a different color then it was AFTER the hotfix] Lotus Pattern, and Lime Green Underbelly (MARKINGS were the same for both imprints).

So for NOW I can assume that the RIGHT slot gives MAIN COLOR and PHYSIQUE.

While the LEFT slot gives the PATTERN.

- GENDER is random.

- Color of PATTERN & MARKINGS as well as which Imprint transferred the "Socks" MARKINGS are undetermined.

- BREED is undetermined as my first experiment included a Sunika to be placed at the LEFT slot but resulted in the offspring to be the breed of the Huras that I placed on the RIGHT slot, while my second experiment counters that logic by gaining the breed of the Huras that I placed on the LEFT slot.  This confuses me as recessive genes were removed.  It may be possible that the Huras breed is dominant over Sunika and Sahasa.

Possible that RNG is in play with traits... really hoping its not. Requires more experiments.

Second Experiment Concluded.

It has come to my attention that GENDER was bugged and is now fixed.

The possibility that the "Socks" MARKINGS are actually part of the LOTUS PATTERN and not separate.

On a side note, some people say that the amount of interactions the Kubrow Pup gets the Larger its body will become?  Highly doubt that theory but it is worth a try.

- I interacted with the 2nd Experiment Offspring 5 times and gained the height of Tall[4]. This is not solid proof as I used a imprint with the same height.

Edited by ExxeFrame

Is it also possible to duplicate a Kubrow by using a single imprint? Or are two imprints required?

As far as I understand, you always need two imprints. If you take imprints from two different Kubrows, they will be mixed, if you take both from the same, it should be a perfect clone.

I was thinking about Kubrow genetics and making a data collection thread for breeding from imprints - do you think, you could modify the title slightly?

After maxing my first Kubrow, I chose to experiment with my second egg.

Imprint 1: Female (?)

Fur Coat: white (before U14.0.9)

Pattern: none

Physique: medium build

Breed: Raksa

Imprint 2: Male

Fur Coat: white grey-brown with blue-ish belly and lower back, vomit-green legs

Physique: muscly build

Will post results in two days.

/e: "Father's" colours corrected for U14.0.9

Edited by Bibliothekar

To my understanding there appears to be 6 types of HEIGHT (May be 5 or 7 as I have lost sight of the screenshots of different Kubrow height,

As far as I understood it, different Kubrow height is a bug and they are all supposed to have the same height. This matches with my friend's fully-grown Kubrow changing size between two visits to the dojo only minutes apart (and even showing a different size for different people in the dojo).

As far as I understood it, different Kubrow height is a bug and they are all supposed to have the same height. This matches with my friend's fully-grown Kubrow changing size between two visits to the dojo only minutes apart (and even showing a different size for different people in the dojo).

That's odd.  Maybe the bug is only active when you load into a mission?  Because they keep their height in the Liset and their imprint diagram shows the same height as the kubrow that was used to create the imprint [you can use the incubators surroundings to measure its height].

Second combined breeding attempt started today.

Imprint 1: Female

Fur Coat: grey-brown

Physique: medium build

Breed: Raksa (?)

Imprint 2: Male

Fur Coat: blue and brown

Pattern: big spots

Physique: skinny build

Will post results in two days.