Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Attacks Going Through Walls...

Xylia

So... this is cute.

Why did you guys at DE feel the need to make Bombards' and Scorches' attacks go through walls now?

They weren't ridiculous enough before, apparently, now we need to make it so there's no way to attempt to minimize damage you take by trying to evade.

Also, it looks like they vastly increased the Scorch's range; I had one scorching me from a good 30+ feet away.

Napalms are no less ridiculous than they've been before, though it is even HARDER to see them through the ridiculous amounts of fire graphics everywhere on the screen, so that attempting to retaliate against these guys is just futile.

Also, what's up with Bombard Rockets being nigh-impossible to dodge now? A bombard fires a rocket at me, and I do a slide and spin jump to the side behind a solid wall and the stupid rocket flies through the doorway, makes a 90 degree turn and smacks me in the face?

That's fair...

Why not just give them a "you die instantly" attack while you're at it?

That's fair...

Why not just give them a "you die instantly" attack while you're at it?

Commanders have a "Slap the controller out of your hand for two full seconds" attack that can only be avoided by:

- invisibility

- 75m of raw distance

- hacks

I think that counts.

OT:

Yeah, the AoE mechanics really need fixing.

- AoE explosions should not penetrate through walls. This goes for both enemy weapons and player weapons.

- AoE ranges need to reflect the visual effects. There is absolutely no reason for Napalm explosions to have a 20m+ range when the explosion is barely 5m in radius. (Hell, if anything, just make the visual effect bigger so that we actually have an idea of where the danger zone is.)

Edited by SortaRandom

- AoE explosions should not penetrate through walls. This goes for both enemy weapons and player weapons.

Unless, of course, you have Punch Through installed?

I can understand piercing walls with Punch Through, but otherwise I agree with that.

Unless, of course, you have Punch Through installed?

I can understand piercing walls with Punch Through, but otherwise I agree with that.

Wall-puncturing explosives sound silly.

But hey, silly is a part of this game in a way, so I'm all for that. Players should indeed be able to attack through walls if they mod their gear for it. XD

Wall-puncturing explosives sound silly.

But hey, silly is a part of this game in a way, so I'm all for that. Players should indeed be able to attack through walls if they mod their gear for it. XD

Apperantly DE Doesnt think so since they reduced Puncture (Now punch through) to literally nothing.