Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Pc Really Can't Play Live With Ps4 Players?

Seshrider3

My friend can't afford a good Computer or laptop and hates keyboard and mouse but can afford a PS4 and likes console controllers (Don't bring up the fact that you can play Warframe PC with a controller. it's bratty smart talk, and obnoxious). I on the other hand hate controllers and would rather stick to PC controls. I am desperate to play with PS4 players not just my friend but other PS4 players; and yes updates will be slower but the awesome fact that playing with PS4 players makes up for it also(There are other reasons other than controls too). I know that there are technical problems but I would do ANYTHING to play with PS4 players. I read other threads outside of the Warframe website and their discussion is saying that DE is trying their best to make this happen and they are trying to sync the patches together but im starting to get hopeless. If anyone knows that PC and PS4 can play Warframe together, please say because i want to rip my hair out every time someone talks about DC Universe! DE, if you are reading this, we don't mind slower updates, like seriously, my suggestion is: DO WHATEVER YOU CAN FOR PC AND PS4 CROSS-PLAY! A chunk of us are willing to wait longer for the updates to play with PS4 players and it wouldn't seem that long for us either because we'll get too distracted and excited that we can play with PS4 players. I swear that with Warframe with cross-platform play, the world would be a better place! *.* <My face when cross-platform gaming with Warframe comes.

Edited by King_Sesh

A large number of us would NOT like to wait longer for cross play. (I would wait, though.)

But the problem is because of Sony's cert process. If both updates were released at the same time, both would be buggy.

Take U14 for example. If the mirage exploit was found on PC, DE could make a patch the next day. But because of the cert process by Sony, that bug would be used for a week before it could be released, potentially causing lots of gamebreaking.

Most people here care little to none about playing with PS4 players myself included, also I'm going to say no to this just because they would have to delay updates for a feature people don't care about. Oh also PC getting updates first means that PS4 gets a pretty clean release with not many bugs I doubt they would want this to change, I personally would much rather wait for a far less buggy update than have to deal with losing my first kubrow due to a bug.

Edited by Zulaica

Personally, I'd rather have a clean update instead of the mess that U14 seems to be; cross-play isn't worth it in my opinion. Thanks to all you PC players for the relatively non-gamebreaking updates! :D

You're welcome?

I'd like to see cross play happen though. Maybe if they would just bring the versions into sync before each major update that way PC could play with PS4 while we wait several weeks for the update that is taking longer than the devs expected, and then have the PC version advance first into the new update. That way cross play happens a few weeks every couple of months and the PC version still gets updates first so that the PS4 doesn't get a buggy release.

You're welcome?

I'd like to see cross play happen though. Maybe if they would just bring the versions into sync before each major update that way PC could play with PS4 while we wait several weeks for the update that is taking longer than the devs expected, and then have the PC version advance first into the new update. That way cross play happens a few weeks every couple of months and the PC version still gets updates first so that the PS4 doesn't get a buggy release.

Wouldn't mind that. I believe the whole issue with cross-play and synching updates is because of Sony's policies (Might be wrong about that though).

I only cross play being viable upon full release of the game. You know, when they aren't going to churn out updates weekly. At that point, they could afford to stall the PC release of an update to match PS4 release, and no one would be the wiser. Heck, it might even give them the time to avoid having unstable patches like U14.

That said, I don't see this happening till they are done building the game.

PC TEST SERVER...

I mean, cross plat would increase the playerbase pretty extensively I would like to see it. But even if they couldn't I would certainly like to see some interconnection at some point.. Not just some sale or new weapon released at the same time, something like during survival missions having the PS4 players be that Tenno OP going around looking for mods. I could go into massive detail about what I think it should be like but it would be a huge wall of text.

Basically , I hope one day that PS4 players can influence what happens in our game and we will be able to influence what happens in theirs if not total cross plat capabilities.. 

There are just too many issues to really make cross play work.

To start with Sony has to OK it, and given that Warframe is also coming to the Xbone, it is likely that the animosity there will stop that sort of thing from happening.

Secondly there is the update schedule. DE like to put out at least one update to the game a week on PC, and they intend to keep that up, in addition they use the PC version to test the build for the most part, we are after all technically beta testers, its why we get an update and then a couple of hotfixes to make the build work. 

Because playstation updates have to go through Sony servers DE do not have the option to do on the fly hotfixing, meaning that it would take much longer for updates to come out due to the need to purge bugs (The playerbase here can do the same amount of bug hunting in an hour that it would take a dev team two or three)

Crossplay can only ever happen when the builds are in sync, and because of the frequency of the updates that DE put out, as well as the discrepancy in time it takes to put out said updates it is highly unlikely that the builds will ever sync up.

I only cross play being viable upon full release of the game. 

Full release is just a state of the game. It doesn't mean they can't put on updates with same pace as now.

Only thing that changes is that there won't be excuse for bugs "because it's beta".

Full release is just a state of the game. It doesn't mean they can't put on updates with same pace as now.

Only thing that changes is that there won't be excuse for bugs "because it's beta".

wouldn't matter to me much anyways. games always have these kinds of bugs and the content is awesome in warframe so i can forgive it

DE, if you are reading this, we don't mind slower updates

Speak for yourself. 

i want to rip my hair out every time someone talks about DC Universe! 

Are you implying that DCUO allows crossplay between the PS4 & PC? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't. 

It does however, allow for crossplay between the PS4 & the PS3.

I don't care about crossplay and I think it would be a disaster for the PS4 players if DE held back patches. The quality of the patches would go through the floor and fixes would be _massively_ delayed compared to how it works now (Imagine going through cert for each fix).

I see no benefit to anyone, crossplay only works if the game is playable.

We'll im pretty sure we're below ground level right now.

Guess I gotta get my shovel cause we're goin deeper

Not for the PS4 they aren't at the moment.

Imagine if we had to wait for the PS4 for hotfixes (Yes I know the PS4 allows uncerted hotfixes but only if deploys a specific way that DE currently doesn't do)

You can build a PC for the cost of a PS4.

You can use a controller on a PC.

You don't have to wait for Sony's cert process on PC.

I fail to see any reason not to get a PC over a PS4 if your sole goal is to play warframe. Not to mention the countless other features, freedoms, and utilities you get with a PC that you don't get on PS4.

EDIT: I personally, am NOT willing to wait longer for updates and suffer bugs and imbalances for longer than necessary just because we're waiting on Sony's cert process. Please use caution when making sweeping claims about what the community will and won't wait for.

Edited by NuBSMcGee

• 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome if cross platform play found a way to work. I don't want it if I cannot filter out people using controllers though, I personally don't want to tackle playing with that handicap, and I also don't want delays on content because of console cert's.

I really do think it would be a great move to get it setup though, and wouldn't it be the first time cross play has ever happened between platforms? what an accolade for DE to have.