Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Pc Really Can't Play Live With Ps4 Players?

Seshrider3

"Hey guys"

You can build a gaming computer for 300 dollars, if your friend can afford a PS4, he can afford a PC.

Cross-platform play is pretty much ruled out because of Sony cert the PS4 will always be behind the PC updates.

PC is the leading platform and as long as Sony keeps their cert, there won't be cross-platform.

• 3 weeks later...

For the price of a PS4 you can build a PC with the same, if not better capabilities (+ you can upgrade it in the future)...I don't see any reason why anyone would pick a PS4 or Xbone over a PC now that hardware has come down in price this much.

Seriously bro....there is no excuse for consoleros anymore.... If you buy smart you can buy a PC that shreds consoles without paying extra(especially if you planned on buying a Xbone...that thing is overpriced as hell)..... of course you might have to also get a Monitor...but for the time being using a TV is actually a possibility...and if you are going to use a gamepad anyway ,you can just get some 10$ mouse/keyboard.

Edit: Also get used to the fact that PS4 will never have the rainbowbridge (crossplay) enabled. Sony won't hurry up and DE will refuse to delay patches on our end just so PS4 players can play with us.

As long as cert exists....patching like on PC is a nightmare....without Sony cert processes this would be possible...but nah...the Xbox One might manage to get the bridge going because it pretty much runs the same API and the entire environment is very similar...thus "porting" isn't half as much work as it is for PS4

Edited by Shehriazad

"Hey guys"

You can build a gaming computer for 300 dollars, if your friend can afford a PS4, he can afford a PC.

Cross-platform play is pretty much ruled out because of Sony cert the PS4 will always be behind the PC updates.

PC is the leading platform and as long as Sony keeps their cert, there won't be cross-platform.

Spend 400 instead (price of a PS4) and use a socket FM2+ board and a cheap FM2 CPU instead. The build of that guy is a dead-end ^^;

I hope they enable crossplay once the patches catch up, but I don't think it's a guarantee especially since it looks like  a lot of players would prefer faster patches than crossplay.

At this present moment, it's gunna take a long time for PS4 to catch up anyway, your friend's best bet is to save up for a PC, it doesn't even need to be a high end one, I'm running Warframe on 60FPS on a very old laptop. In fact you can purchase my exact model of laptop on Ebay for way less than a PS4.

Edited by Vallerian

I don't think it would be a good idea period to allow cross play.

Reason being the whole controller thing.

Sorry to say this but I'm pretty sure the PS4 version is a lot more slower then the PC version. Im only saying this because of battlefield 3. I noticed a huge difference in the controllers aim movement/speed and being accurate compared to mouse/keyboard.

I see that this would be a disadvantage to all of us if we played together. PC players would dance circles around ps4 players so they would get mad. Also pc guys would get mad for picking up any slack and get mad at all the whining. "Kill stealing" etc etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'm only assuming that controller reaction time is slower. So correct me if I'm wrong without being a dink about please.

I believe the Cross Platform Play has been offically taken off the table by Sony, after they announced they were putting warframe on Xbone.

Yeah because microsoft already tested cross play a long time ago on the 360 and deemed it to be an unfair advantage for pc players.

Normal pc players were destroying "pro" console players on cod just because of mouse aim alone.

Edited by Dead_Rabbits

People really need to understand that cross-play is not a matter of whether or not DE/Sony 'should or should' not do it - it's a matter of 'can or cannot.' It just isn't logistically sound given DE and Sony's business relationship. Simple as that. It matters very little what any of our opinions on whether or not crossplay would be a good or bad idea.

Its not totally unprecedented; at the moment Final Fantasy has PC/PS3/PS4 compatability, but they probably have a special deal that a 3rd party like DE could only hope for.

also, the PS4 controller is a great controller on a PC, if that is a viable option, to then get the PS4 controller, kinda like a hybrid of both ideas? eh? eh?

i would like cross-platform play, but sadly this will probably never come to fruition.

The benefit for consoles over PC is that while you can get a decent PC for the price of a Ps4, you have to consider other factors such as all the downloads, errors, constant updating, Steam. You also have to be a pretty good IT to be able to so much of the processes on PC.

Are consoles inferior? Yes, but only to those who know how to work a PC. I used to have a PC that was awful, it could only handle Team Fortress 2. I'd use my PS3 to play anything else. They are so much more simpler.

So please, don't let your PCMasterracelolz attitude get the better of you on such a peaceful forum.

Edited by (PS4)Goldengeartwo

The benefit for consoles over PC is that while you can get a decent PC for the price of a Ps4, you have to consider other factors such as all the downloads, errors, constant updating, Steam. You also have to be a pretty good IT to be able to so much of the processes on PC.

Are consoles inferior? Yes, but only to those who know how to work a PC. I used to have a PC that was awful, it could only handle Team Fortress 2. I'd use my PS3 to play anything else. They are so much more simpler.

So please, don't let your PCMasterracelolz attitude get the better of you on such a peaceful forum.

Are you really trying ask master-race act like decent human being? instant fail. Anyways, i doubt it will ever happen, but.... since m$ have good control over in pc too, it might happen with xbone and pc. I think if money is there, then m$ speeds up their cert or "forget" whole thing or allows uncert updates.

My friend can't afford a good Computer or laptop and hates keyboard and mouse but can afford a PS4 and likes console controllers (Don't bring up the fact that you can play Warframe PC with a controller. it's bratty smart talk, and obnoxious). 

He could build a more powerful PC for Warframe with less money than PS4 costs...

On top of previous things mentioned of,

updates for the ps4 are behind the pc

the pc players have more weapons and content than ps4 players because the patches are first tested on the pc.  There is no way for this to be patched into the ps4 unless the patches were released for everyone on the same time, which is also "impossible" because the patches need to be well tested on the pc first, to squish all bug, so the console/ps4 versions can pass certification.  And another big reason is, if one of the crazy bad pc bugs somehow made it to the console version, there would have to be a 2 week lag for another patch to fix it because of certification.  And waiting two weeks for a critical bug to get fixed.... that would flipping kill the game.

There are other important details you are not considering with expecting cross play

The PC and PS4 have identical world maps but different factions own each planet/area because of the random invasions

Different clans own the dark sectors on each system

You will never get cross platform play in Warframe, or any other multiplayer online game that updates constantly.   It would be impossible with how the console certification process is.  Please stop wishing and move on.

Cross platform play won't happen : it was planned before hand along with account migration but since the delay between PC and PS4 became obvious, it was taken off the table altogether.

Two reasons (and a theorical third) why the updates are kept in the current 'cycle' of PC-to-PS4 with a few weeks between them :

1) Updates, when released on PC, usually have a good amount of bugs and fixing to be done; if they were released simultaneously on PS4, the patches to fixes these bugs would be delayed by Sony's cert process. Hotfixing could be an idea but it always depends on what the nature of the bug(s) are. As it is right now, major bugs are ironed out of the updates from the PC build before being adapted to the PS4 build. While it doesn't eliminate bugs that could only occur on PS4, it does give the PS4 deployment a much more stable build than the PC one originally had.

2) Cert time would delay the publishing of updates, abiding to the rule of the weakest link (not derogatory in meaning) : that is, you overall performance is defined by your weakest attribute (in this case, slower process). It means update deployment would be timed over from the time it is deployed on PS4 because of the certification process and the time required to adapt the update code for the PS4 build. Add to that DE might spend additionnal time bugtesting, leading to much longer delays as well since their code wouldn't be proof tested as it is right now by having the PC players being the PS4's first wave of beta testers for every update.

3) Theorically, the PC and PS4 builds are different in that while the PS4 build originated from a PC build, it was modified for the PS4 platform's requirements (like interface shortcuts, optimisation, etc.) By now, it's likely that the PC and PS4 builds wouldn't be compatible at the core simply due to the necessary changes made for the PS4 build. If a single build had been made with the necessary 'triggers' to adapt it to the platform it is used on, then the chances would be greater. But since the current cycle requires the PC build to be 'adapted' to the PS4 build, it means the data isn't simply copied to the PS4 but instead made to work for the PS4 instead. My guess that's an artifact from originally being a PC exclusive title and the PS4 prototype was put together then later used as a basis instead of coding the PS4 features straight into the main PC build then hidden away in the code to switch depending on the platform it is played on (on PC, show PC specific options and prompts and on PS4, show PS4 specific options and prompts)

Just an example of another multiplatform release : Crysis 2 and 3. Sure, many will go ahead and say it's not a true PC game because X and Y but that's irrevelant to the point I'm trying to get across : the CryEngine 3 was made with multiplatform capabilities from the get go. Looking over their dev journals and videos, you see that what they built in their editors could be tested in realtime by switching between PC, PS3 and 360 specs. The engine used by Warframe was not built with that feature and thus, needed to be adapted to a console platform which is why I mention that, in theory, even if both PC and PS4 builds were for example 14.1 at the same time, they wouldn't be the same code; you couldn't just copy and paste the PS4 code to PC and expect it to work, even with just changing things like controls and login process. Likewise, there would be possible data conflicting which could be made to work, but that would simply be patching things up with bandaid and hoping it holds.

Hell, just the fact that migrated accounts from PC to PS4 have elements removed altogether (like founder items, some closed beta items)? A definite sign it'll be a no go.

---

Another point is the coming of the X1 version. Crossplay would have been an option between PC and another platform but would be highly unlikely between three of them. It's mostly a matter of executive decisions at the top : mechanically speaking, it would always be possible to jury rig a sort of cross-play between PC and PS4/X1 or even just between PS4 and X1... however, Sony and Microsoft would never allow it. They wouldn't even bat an eye twice if it was done and ready for that, they would simply refuse to have it implemented if it meant they'd match their players with their competition in any way.

Additionnally, if crossplay between a console (either PS4 or X1) and PC for Warframe came to be, then the 'left out' platform would surely cry bloody murder to have the same... and the end result would be that the feature would, again, be removed entirely.

Edited by Wiegraf