Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Really Rng?

Master-Chiefooh

75% of not getting the kubrow you want for each attempt. Six attempts.

(0.75)6 = 18% chance of this (six consecutive failures) happening.

Sadly, this is very possible, and this is the nature of RNG.

But yeah, I definitely feel for you, and this really needs to change. I'm wondering where the whole "Smart RNG" (basically, lowers the chance of getting an outcome that you've already received) went.

Edited by SortaRandom

75% of not getting the kubrow you want for each attempt. Six attempts.

(0.75)6 = 18% chance of this (six consecutive failures) happening.

Sadly, this is very possible, and this is the nature of RNG.

But yeah, I definitely feel for you, and this really needs to change. I'm wondering where the whole "Smart RNG" (basically, lowers the chance of getting an outcome that you've already received) went.

Funny thing is its actually a 25% chance of not getting a kubrow I want :P

4 but I get your point....

statistically speaking, the chances of me getting 5 raksas are .00097656...(just saying)

That would be if you got 5 of them in a row.. which you didnt. Still unlikely to get 5 out of 6 raksas, but definitely possible Edited by danielaq13

I've bred 6 kubrows now...spent how much plat I don't even want to know and here are my results

Raksa

Raksa

Huras

Raksa

Raksa

Raksa

C'mon there is no way!

Yes, this is RNG, in it's full pathetic state. But don't worry, RNG-enthusiasts will try to adamantly defend it.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Funny thing is its actually a 25% chance of not getting a kubrow I want :P

So what you wanted was anything that wasn't the Raksa?

...You already got one. XD

But yeah, you see my point. The RNG isn't bugged or anything; it's the RNG system itself that's the problem here.

So assuming DE's math is correct and I have a basic understanding on the term "random". Then it's 4 classes, and the change of you getting of those 4 is 1. So what is all this other math going on above?

You roll once and get 1 type, you roll twice your chance doesn't change. Nor does the chance of it not happening change. Hypothetically speaking this could go on forever and you could get Raksu^1000000. 

So please, stop with you have a .0000000000000000000*blah*.... chance of getting this kubrow. Because it's silly.

Yeah, all these improbable-but possible-results don't look right.  Maybe the people getting it 'right' just aren't posting about it and I'm only seeing the posts about people who got the RNG shaft.

No, but RNG shouldn't give you the shaft. That's what DE should be preventing. Controlling.

If you get 2 Raksa in a row, fine bad luck.

3? 4? 5? Why is there no limit?

That's the problem. Look deeper next time before being sarcastic.

No, but RNG shouldn't give you the shaft. That's what DE should be preventing. Controlling.

If you get 2 Raksa in a row, fine bad luck.

3? 4? 5? Why is there no limit?

That's the problem. Look deeper next time before being sarcastic.

I was not being sarcastic.  Please don't assume I was being sarcastic.

No, im coming to the conclusion that this is a bug as it is too improbable that a lot of people are getting Raksa.

Maybe it isn't a bug, but it's probably unintentional.

Naw, I doubt it's a bug. It's RNG. But the same way DE directly makes changes to drop tables, which are also RNG-based, chances are, it's a deliberate decision by DE, probably to make it take longer for players to get what they want. There's this idea that if you can immediately get what you want, then it's too easy and you're not putting in enough "effort" or "work". Some people in the community have that view, and DE might have the same view. I don't agree with that view, though. RNG isn't effort, work, or skill. It's the lottery. Completely random, with a low chance of actually getting what you want. It's gambling (this is why a lot of players don't like the scrambler - gambling with plat).

the main issue is that each time you want to try again you have to spend 10 plat to buy a new stasis slot since you can't get rid of old kubrows. So it's less 'you not trying hard enough" than it is "your not spending enough"