Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Really Rng?

Master-Chiefooh

So assuming DE's math is correct and I have a basic understanding on the term "random". Then it's 4 classes, and the change of you getting of those 4 is 1. So what is all this other math going on above?

You roll once and get 1 type, you roll twice your chance doesn't change. Nor does the chance of it not happening change. Hypothetically speaking this could go on forever and you could get Raksu^1000000. 

So please, stop with you have a .0000000000000000000*blah*.... chance of getting this kubrow. Because it's silly.

except they arent calculating the probability of getting a certain kind on the next roll, but of gettting a "fail" for several consecutive rolls. for that you multiply the chance of failure by itself for each trial. For instance flipping a coin while attempting to get a heads has a .50 probability of success and failure for each individual flip. But the probability of gettting 2 fails in a row is .25 or  .5 x .5

if you draw out the possible results you can get heads then heads (HH), Heads then tails (HT), Tails then heads (TH) and finally tails then tails (TT)

there are four possible results now, and only a .25 chance of "failing" twice in a row (the TT one)

thankfully i got two different kubrow types but the color and pattern and everything else was EXACTLY the same...oh except its health habits. my second kubrow looks like its malnourished and has NO meat on its bones. im afraid to take it on missions cause it looks like if it were to get hit it might shatter...