Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With New Scaling

Zhuril

So I go into kill Alad V with my usual set of gear, Solo BTW, Zephyr, Dread, Dual Twin Wraiths and the Dragon Nikana. Not the most optimal, sure, but it did the job easy for all low level stuff. Get my &#! handed to my by the duo. Zanuka can two-shot me with the seeking rockets(BTW Turbulence doesn't stop) and it takes 4-5 shots to down Alad V and it seems like 20+ for Zanuka (Arguably that's my Dread's fault for being innately high in slashing damage) I tried again a few more times with my cernos and used up all my revives trying to kill this guy even once. I give up and learn bosses scale to conclave now. So what I do is strip all my mods and take off all my gear except a beefed up primary weapon. and just one-shot Alad V and then one-shot Zanuka. 

Here lies the problem. Why is the game easier if I just remove what makes the game fun in the first place? Mods, fun abilities and gear. My Tail Wind has conclave on it, I only use it to get around, but just having it makes enemies do more damage and hit harder. Same goes for Dive Bomb which is essentially completely useless against bosses. 

(tl;dr) So now the game breaks down to this: Having problem killing a boss? Do it naked with a beefed up weapon to one-shot him with.  Because if you're building your warframe to have fun, you're probably not going to be able to kill him. - Even if the planet is level 10

real tl;dr op doesn't like a challenge and doesn't know how to properly use weaknesses of factions

Sounds more like they found an exploit.  having trouble with Lephantis?  All level 1 equips, you'll be fine!  he has 23 HP now!

I actually like the boss scaling. Last night I farmed Alad V for Neural Sensors and surprisingly being r@ped by him, his Zanuka can kill me in 2-3 shot and I have to dodge dodge dodge all the time. I'm not a Hard-core gamer who likes deadly boss fight or insanely high level enemy. But sometimes, a "liitle" challenge is just fined.

p.s: solo Lephantis to get the most-epic-boss-fight-ever

The answer is simple.

all you need to do is explained here

Who wants to fight easy opponents, hell you might as well say that the mirage bug made her balanced and you want it back in the game.

Edited by Sixty5

The point I was trying to make isn't exactly the difficulty, but it's the fact that if people want to grind something, they're going to do it naked because it's the most time efficient way

You talk about they're making the game challenging, well i'm pointing out that you can skip it. and the guys that are taking it easy get just as much payout as you do. Aside from the satisfaction of spending 30 minutes killing something

Edited by Zhuril

Wow. What's with all these nonsense cookie cutter replies?

Pay attention.

This isn't about whether bosses are too hard or not. This is about crappy scaling.

Maybe it'd be better if bosses were scaled to the frame and the single best weapon, instead of all equipment.

Conclave ratings could use some review, too.

This

Wow. What's with all these nonsense cookie cutter replies?

Pay attention.

This isn't about whether bosses are too hard or not. This is about crappy scaling.

Maybe it'd be better if bosses were scaled to the frame and the single best weapon, instead of all equipment.

Conclave ratings could use some review, too.

This new scaling is ridiculous.  Yesterday I went up against a level 80 Lephantis.  It wasn't challenging and it wasn't fun.  It was boring.  The 4 of us just sat there pouring bullets into the sponge until it dropped dead.  That boss is just a massive time and bullet sink now with this awful scaling.

Then you have bosses like Salad that can one shot kill you.  This isn't Unreal Tournament Instagib.  This is a coop shooter with limited lives.  Instagib makes sense in UT.  Instagib does not make sense in Warframe.  Allowing bosses to instagib players is a horrible approach.

I love everything about this game except for the RNG, some boring boss battles (like Ruk,) knockdowns, and now this boss scaling.  I'd much rather have bosses like Lephantis and Vay Hek than Ruk and this awful scaling system.

Edited by MinimumGTP