Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Kubrow Rant ^^

CaiusVrixen

By now I'm pretty sure we have all come to terms with the Kubrows we have been given, you know the ones that rode the rocket propelled hype train a few too many times and ended up with weird Joker like Chelsea grins. I think It's fair to assume that many people are slightly disappointed, I use the words 'slightly disappointed'  In the same way I use the use the words 'Naahhh you'll be fine' when a grineer begs me to call off my space ninja Chihuahua. sarcastically. Now the one thing that really brings down these deformed whippets Is their overall intelligence, I know, I know, DE are no doubt working very hard to stave off PWE's design input at the moment and are desperately trying to give us the fixes and upgrades we oh so desire, but there's only so long they can hold up their defences before the slithering race of whatever the hell Jabba the hut Is breaks them down and smothers them In money juice, because let's be honest, we all know PWE aren't bloody human.

I think the feedback we can provide may help speed up this process and maybe even (At a stretch) give DE some well needed ammunition to fire PWE's way, In the sense that they can confidently say "Sod off! We don't need your Leia slave bra's! We have pink shorts B**ch!" while DE_Steve charges them, clad In all his pinkery with a lato In one hand and a Jet powered hammer in the other. Now as entertaining as that may sound, I'm sure right now we prefer the image of the DE staff casually typing away and calmly fixing our beloved Warframe, hopefully first and foremost our furry little balls of hatred, oh yes hatred, there seems to be a lot of that with the new loyalty system that's been implemented, I had the misfortune of placing my Tenno's favourite cookie jar right next to the Genetic foundry, so every time I walk past I get growls and snaps from what was once a cute husky looking abolition, all because my Warframe can't move like the bloody flash every time my Kubrow get's downed by the spec of space dust that just so happens to land on his paw. Now I'm not denying that the Kubrows are good companions, they just need a lot of work, right now I feel like I'm playing Resident Evil 4 all over again, sure I love the gameplay mechanics and the character I'm playing as Is cool for once, but I have to babysit Ashl- I mean my Kubrow because they have a tendency to get captu- balls, I meant downed by Salazar's.... You get the point.

Either way DE could indeed rip out the loyalty system and start fresh, now I have no Idea If they are planning on doing that right now, but I doubt they are going to rip out a large chunk of their brand new mechanic and leave a Dora the Explorer plaster (Or band aid for anyone else) In It's place, no, the DE we know and love will most likely refer to the community as It always has and give us the changes that some people have suggested, one of my favourites mentioned something about implementing a bleed-out timer buff instead of a damage buff to loyalty, instead of the Kubrow not trying so hard to fight when it looses some loyalty (Which made no sense to me, because surely It should still fight for It's own life just as hard when it's on the line, not resort to giving the Corpus Moas a nuggie every time it runs up to them just because I forgot to give it a treat), now this system sounds great, The three second bleed-out timer just sounds like a death lag to me at the moment, like the Kubrows just thinking to itself 'Oh crap did I get slammed In the face with a hammer? Oh look my owners running over to me, desperately trying to clear away the enemies so he can heal me! That's my queue to be an @$$ and die!!'.

Onto my second subject, the scrambler that many people have been rather annoyed about, now first things first, all of you moaning and trying to get platinum refunds because 'Meh Kubra didt gt N-ey diffffernt colorzz, cn I haz refundz plox????' please just shut up, you invested your platinum into a randomization system, now pull out our trusty standard English Oxford dictionary and look that up shall we? Random: Made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision. Now for those of you who still don't get the message that means 'ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN, YOU MAY GET THE EXACT SAME OR THE COMPLETE BLOODY OPPOSITE'. Now that that's out of my system onto the subject at hand. Customization is indeed the largest and most intuitive way for Tenno to separate themselves, this also applies to anything affiliated with the Tenno In question, namely the Kubrows. Now of course the scrambler may have seemed cool to DE, so they put It in hopeing It would be loved just as much by the community, and why shouldn't they? It's their game. But that doesn't deviate from the fact that many people hated this for It's sheer amount of tenacity more than It's plat cost, now I for one did spend a considerable amount of platinum on randomisation before I finally buggered off and played Vindictus for an hour or two, but In that time I realised that It was a rather simple fix that would make the community be okay with the plat costs, do one of two things: Either pay a good cost of 20-30 platinum and just give us indefinite customisation, or make unique colour palettes for the Kubrows which must be purchased, much like the Warframe 'classic' palette, give us one Kubrow set initially, with many other we must buy for maybe 40-50 plat, this at least gives players a sense of control, rather than the burning feeling you get In your stomach when playing poker and everyone knows that your bluffing because your practically almost bleeding out of your eyeballs due to the starring contest your holding with your Brother on the other side of the table (True story).

Onto the final matter, Kubrow equipment. Has anyone seen Austin Powers? you know the one where their are sharks with 'Frickin Laser beams'? WHY DO KUBROWS NOT HAVE THIS?! I honestly was disappointed when my companion grew up In a matter of days (what are we feeding them?), with no Laser surgically attached to It's dam head. Now I understand the moral implications of this, but why do people feel so bad about cello taping a laser to a dogs head? Just put on a robot harness and your good to go! It can't be any worse than them ripping out a capture targets throat, you'd run too If a nutjob clad In armour with a dog the size of Chris Redfield's biceps came jogging through the door on the other side of the room. Finally armour. Now I have no doubt that this Is going to be put In the game at some point, so perhaps I'd best leave this one to It's own devices... Nah. Kubrows need (and I'm not kidding here) some seriously insane armour sets, I don't mean little Kevlar vests and a helmet, I'm talking about straight up Cyber-dogs, we need them to look like they just came straight out of Castle Wolfenstein, nothing Is scarier than the image of gear turning as a toaster with teeth Is sprinting at you going straight for the dam throat while It blares AC/DC out the speakers on It asscheeks.

To summarise, these dogs need some work, but there fun to mess around with every now and then, In the same way that It's fun to stick a fork in a toaster, you know you're gonna regret It, but It's a rush when it happens ^^.

P.S don't stick forks In toasters... Like ever... Or anything else possibly dangerous... Leave some comments with your own opinions and ideas on the kubrokes! ^^ Gave you people your dam paragraphs ^^

Edited by CaiusVrixen

[...]slithering race of whatever the hell Jabba the hut Is [...]

A hut. Jabba is a hut. And i like Leias Slave Outfit!

Besides that, you are correct.

Btw: The post is a) worth reading and b) easy to read.

Edited by Ruakha

I'm still confused about the dna integrity and loyalty. If either of these goes to -100% it means I lose my Kubrows ? If so....that kinda sucks if one has used considerable amount of plat to get the fur color right. And I guess you can forma your kubrows aswell ? That would suck even more if you can just lose your doggie because you were on a freaking vacation or let's say you couldn't pay your internet bill because you spent all your money to get the kubrows fur color right.

That's why the stasis had been implemented, if you put a Kubrow In stasis there stats stay the same until you take them out, but you can't use them and It takes 3 hours to get them out, but unless you remove them yourself they stay In stasis and nothing happens to them ^^

Edited by CaiusVrixen