Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bsod Code 116 Nvidia Driver Issues

Schism_Walker

Ive had both of these happen as well, with exactly the same bccode. BSOD only once, CTD with driver crash multiple times. I started to BSOD only after enabling the frame rate limiter with Nvidia Inspector, havent got one yet after turning it off. Ill let you know if I BSOD again.

Edit: Just BSOD again.

Seems that the usual desktop driver crash has been replaced with hard crash, great.

Edited by Kurnuttaja

Ive had both of these happen as well, with exactly the same bccode. BSOD only once, CTD with driver crash multiple times. I started to BSOD only after enabling the frame rate limiter with Nvidia Inspector, havent got one yet after turning it off. Ill let you know if I BSOD again.

Edit: Just BSOD again.

Seems that the usual desktop driver crash has been replaced with hard crash, great.

Yeah this is EXACTLY what was happening to me before I reformatted a couple of weeks back, although I was reformatting to fix a audio bug on another game.  Try reinstalling and turn off DirextX11 its working for me so far. I do have the ingame frame rate counter up, Whats Nvidia Inspector?

Edited by Schism_Walker

I'd love to see a screeny of the SpeedFan chart of GPU temp prior to a crash, Schism. Meantime, as a special favor, would you vacuum out your video card for me?

Im not him but as I have the same issues I can report some temps. I had hwmonitor on when my latest crash happened, GPU temp was at 79 c. Max temp during the session 82 c.

Kurnuttaja, your GPU is shutting itself down on the verge of destruction, by design. If it was an AMD GPU, there isn't even a way to change the shutdown temp to anything but 80 C. That's almost hot enough to boil water, it's really hot. If you have a vacuum cleaner with a hose, you should be able to vacuum most of the dust out of your video card and thus reduce the GPU temperature. It sounds goofy, but I'm testifying that it worked for me. So please try it =P

Kurnuttaja, your GPU is shutting itself down on the verge of destruction, by design. If it was an AMD GPU, there isn't even a way to change the shutdown temp to anything but 80 C. That's almost hot enough to boil water, it's really hot. If you have a vacuum cleaner with a hose, you should be able to vacuum most of the dust out of your video card and thus reduce the GPU temperature. It sounds goofy, but I'm testifying that it worked for me. So please try it =P

Hmm... dunno about that. I have nvidia gtx670 and I doubt its shutting itself down at 80 c considering it usually averages around 75 c. I cleaned up my whole system inside out roughly 3 weeks ago with compressed air (I dont recommend vacuum because of static electricity). My room temperature atm is at around 30 c and because of that everything runs hot, I get 65 c max on CPU cores and GPU temp record so far 84 c in Metro: Last Light. Metro: LL btw hasnt crashed at once yet and I have almost completed it, running at 80-83 c the whole time.

I doubt these crashes in Warframe have anything to do with overheat. 80 c is warm but still fine for my card, I start to get worried if it ever climbs above 90 c though, the temp limit for gtx670 is 97 c. If my PC shuts down at 80 c, I would instantly BSOD when opening Warframe.

Hey guys sorry still having internet troubles so I haven't been able to check on here for a bit. I haven't cleaned out my GPU yet (tbqh its a pain to do too because it has a case but I'll get on it soon) But in all honesty since switching off directx11 I have had no BSOD or driver crash since *touch wood* The temp for Warframe on the GPU has never gone past 65 either. But in the event that it does how can I set Speedfan to call back a previous temp log?

GPU's have a much higher thermal headroom than a CPU. The R290X runs at ~90C iirc You wouldn't want your CPU running in that region for example.

Nvidia cards (modern ones anyway) can be run up to 105C (probably wouldn't wanna do it, but the option is open for those who wanna go down one graphics card xD)

Sometimes, you can set a thermal limit at which point your GPU will turn off via the drivers. Usually ~80C.

But yeah, i wouldn't recommend a vacuum to the GPU either, it can damage the circuitry due to static build-up.

Hey guys sorry still having internet troubles so I haven't been able to check on here for a bit. I haven't cleaned out my GPU yet (tbqh its a pain to do too because it has a case but I'll get on it soon) But in all honesty since switching off directx11 I have had no BSOD or driver crash since *touch wood* The temp for Warframe on the GPU has never gone past 65 either. But in the event that it does how can I set Speedfan to call back a previous temp log?

This is why my personal preference is for HWinfo ;)

this is my system running warframe (logged after U14 went up. running Vsync off just to check everything is running as it should, i normally run with a 73 FPS limit so my usage does't get as high as this):

warframe2t6k8a.png

There is no temp graphs as i was looking into why warframe locked up when you levelled up. (a bug that i think has since been fixed), but those graphs are available as well.....hell, you can have a graph for your SDD's health level if you wished. it's not going to change at all, but hey, you can to it! xD