Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Something I'm Missing With Vauban?

Basilo

Question

I've always seen Vauban lauded as some top of the line defense frame that can stop enemies in their tracks, but when I got it I felt that it was slow, low on health and shields, and possessing mediocre abilities. Obviously, there are a lot of people who would disagree with me and who can play him really well, but I'm still less than impressed with him. At least for me, Nyx can fulfill the same role he can with much greater effectiveness and is a tougher, faster, more fun frame. Is there something I'm not seeing in Vauban that makes him great? Or do I just have a different playstyle than the one required for him?

4 answers to this question

You seem to have a more direct, or rather, hands-on playstyle. Nyx fulfills that role well, whereas with Vauban there is the tendency to sit back and let your abilities do the heavy lifting (which is his design). Both Nyx and Vauban are great, you just seem to have a playstyle that doesn't match well with Vauban's intended style of play.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Exactly that. Vauban is fantastic for crowd control, especially with infested. For the other two factions it is rather hard to make him work, which is where Nyx comes in. 

If you want to see his potential, take his Bastille and vortex to an infested defense. If you're still disappointed then he's just not for you.