Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dna Stabilizer Costs

YourBusDriver

Seriously though, 100,000 credits for just six uses? That's highway freaking robbery.

At least a player should get ten uses, or the price needs to be reduced to say: 50,000 to 75,000. I think that is a more affordable price range.

Any thoughts? 

Yea, WTF DE... really?

The game literally states, quote,"Every Tenno deserves a kubrow by their side." 

^Rectifies entire argument. Don't promise things you can't pull through on, lol. 

players are complaining about grinding as usual, then some of those players are claiming that the grinding is not so bad, uh oh

on a side note, not everyone is rich or enjoy farming credits all day long, keep in mind that credits are not used only for kubrows

There was a time when 100k over 12 days was a joke for me. But, now I'm to the point that what little time I do play would now be spent farming out credits for this and the power core for the kubrow incubator. It just seems that if you've slowed down your play you will spend all your time feeding credits to your kubrow now. I really don't feel like I should have to choose between farming out something like stances or weapons, or actually being able to use my kubrow. Loyalty makes perfect sense to me as do the incubator power cores, but I honestly don't feel like the DNA degradation should have been included at all, I almost feel obligated to spend plat on the stabilizers if I would like to do ANYTHING else in the game. Again, if I would play more this wouldn't be an issue, but it'd be nice to see this particular credit sink plugged.

It will definitely be changed soon. And mechanics behind Kubrows revival\care.

20% degrade per day is ok? 100k per 6 uses is ok?

You people are hoocked and dont even notice it. Its WAY to wrong. 10% per day degrade will be much more adequate. Coz it looks like Kubrows are so genetically unstable, that they can become feral in less than a week... really?

As a casual player I find either the price a bit too high or the time too short.  It would feel more comfortable to have the 100k credits DNA stabilizers last theoretically (that is assuming there's no waste) 24 days or have the package cost 50k credits.

Not everyone has credit boosters and/or frequents the void (for more credits) and I don't consider Kubrows to be endgme content.  It would be nice to keep the maintenance cost of them low, so we can use them more rather than just for mastery, only to keep them in stasis.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just giving my opinion as a casual player.

I only got one use out of mine, not six. I used one to experiment, thinking I had six. Nope. My DNA stabilizer pack was gone after one use. I paid for that in platinum, so it shocked me a little. I bought the starter kit and I got a bogus DNA stabilizer.

My complaint, mostly, is that I wasn't warned by the UI or given any information about anything from the UI before I experimented with it. For example, the incubator shows a picture of six DNA stabilizers in a pack so it's not unreasonable to assume if you use one there would be five left. Not so. So it's misleading and I just wasted a DNA stabilizer I bought with platinum, thanks to a bad UI.

With all due respect to DE, this whole thing is trial and error at our expense - sometimes platinum expense - and that is what is frustrating. DE is leaving it for us to figure out on our a little too much, especially when experimenting costs real life money and the UI pictures and info about the DNA stabilizers in the incubator are directly misleading us. It's almost worth stepping back for a couple weeks until they get it together.

That's actually an interesting point. To get Kubrows you kind of need endgame stuff (at the very least T1 void), and the credits to maintain it are kinda end-gamey ... but the Kubrow itself can't survive endgame. Hell, I doubt it can survive the credit farming it needs.

Oh the contradictions!

Edited by YourBusDriver

You know that each stabilizer restore 40% DNA, right?

So.. for maximum usage of each stabilizer you need to use it on your Kubrow when it has lost 40%. 

That effectively makes it take 12 days to use up one package of DNA Stabilizers. 

You can easily get 100k credits in 12 days. I don't know why people are being so aggressive about it. 

You know that each stabilizer restore 40% DNA, right?

So.. for maximum usage of each stabilizer you need to use it on your Kubrow when it has lost 40%. 

That effectively makes it take 12 days to use up one package of DNA Stabilizers. 

You can easily get 100k credits in 12 days. I don't know why people are being so aggressive about it. 

It's easy for players that have a large stockpile of credits - not so much for anyone else. No other item in the game costs that much for such little use. Nothing even comes close. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

There was a time when 100k over 12 days was a joke for me. But, now I'm to the point that what little time I do play would now be spent farming out credits for this and the power core for the kubrow incubator. It just seems that if you've slowed down your play you will spend all your time feeding credits to your kubrow now. I really don't feel like I should have to choose between farming out something like stances or weapons, or actually being able to use my kubrow. Loyalty makes perfect sense to me as do the incubator power cores, but I honestly don't feel like the DNA degradation should have been included at all, I almost feel obligated to spend plat on the stabilizers if I would like to do ANYTHING else in the game. Again, if I would play more this wouldn't be an issue, but it'd be nice to see this particular credit sink plugged.

players are complaining about grinding as usual, then some of those players are claiming that the grinding is not so bad, uh oh

on a side note, not everyone is rich or enjoy farming credits all day long, keep in mind that credits are not used only for kubrows

With this in mind they should have given us two options, buy a blueprint that costs 5k plus mats and time to make for one, or buy six from the market for 100k.

When it does come, it's going to come in a pack of 10 that costs 250k to buy and 40-50k per crafting, making it cheaper after 5 craft (or 60 days)

That's not a good analysis. Some people use more than one Kubrow a day - more than one stabilizer. 

So you want to use gazillion of kubrow at a price of one? If you want more of them around then you have to pay more. It's pretty simple. 3 Kubrow will now costs 25k per day, meaning one sechura run or Hiera run. That's only 6 minutes at most per day. If you don't want to feed them, leave them in stasis and only pick one to play with per day, still reducing the cost to mere 8.3k per day.

You can't really use more than one everyday anyway because of the 3-hour stasis recovery period making it a meh choice to do so.

That's not a good analysis. Some people use more than one Kubrow a day - more than one stabilizer. 

Actually, the DNA degradation only applies to Kubrows outside stasis, and only applies to the Kubrow that's active during that time of day where revives, loyalty restorations, and login rewards reset.

You will NEVER spend more than one per day unless you allow the DNA degradation to build up.

Edited by Nitresco

When it does come, it's going to come in a pack of 10 that costs 250k to buy and 40-50k per crafting, making it cheaper after 5 craft (or 60 days)

So you want to use gazillion of kubrow at a price of one? If you want more of them around then you have to pay more. It's pretty simple. 3 Kubrow will now costs 25k per day, meaning one sechura run or Hiera run. That's only 6 minutes at most per day. If you don't want to feed them, leave them in stasis and only pick one to play with per day, still reducing the cost to mere 8.3k per day.

You can't really use more than one everyday anyway because of the 3-hour stasis recovery period making it a meh choice to do so.

So the player base is left with really meh game play. I want to really use my freaking Kubrow - not just look at it. 

Actually, the DNA degradation only applies to Kubrows outside stasis, and only applies to the Kubrow that's active during that time of day where revives, loyalty restorations, and login rewards reset.

You will NEVER spend more than one per day unless you allow the DNA degradation to build up.

I was indicating one use per each Kubrow. 

And since when did Warframe start punishing player negligence like this?   

Edited by YourBusDriver

You people are hoocked and dont even notice it. Its WAY to wrong. 10% per day degrade will be much more adequate. Coz it looks like Kubrows are so genetically unstable, that they can become feral in less than a week... really?

This alone substantiates my point. Regardless of opinion, the game's contemporary Kubrow mechanics are whack. The system needs a little tweaking. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Yea, the scenario was that genetic damage occurred to two Kubrows -  unless the stabilizer fixes both of them simultaneously?

You mean having it degrade for one Kubrow one day, and the other Kubrow the next?

Simple. You simply wait until either Kubrow has lost another 20%, and then use a stabilizer on them. It doesn't matter if you spread the damage out among multiple Kubrows, as a pack will always account for 12 day's worth of damage when used smartly.

You mean having it degrade for one Kubrow one day, and the other Kubrow the next?

Simple. You simply wait until either Kubrow has lost another 20%, and then use a stabilizer on them. It doesn't matter if you spread the damage out among multiple Kubrows, as a pack will always account for 12 day's worth of damage when used smartly.

Ah yes, economics assumes all consumers are rational beings... 

The problem is much deeper. I was trying to find a quick solution to a permanent problem. 

And I turns out players are needing to spend credits on other things. Long term, Kubrows are looking to rival clan research in expense. 

Edited by YourBusDriver