Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dna Stabilizer Costs

YourBusDriver

I personally have not made that mistake, but this game mechanic makes for a less casual experience - see what I mean? 

Buzzword ahoy.

I don't think waiting for the currently active Kubrow's health to fall to 60% before using a stabilizer is enough of an effort-demanding activity to threaten the "casualness" of the Warframe experience.

Edited by Nitresco

You know that each stabilizer restore 40% DNA, right?

So.. for maximum usage of each stabilizer you need to use it on your Kubrow when it has lost 40%. 

That effectively makes it take 12 days to use up one package of DNA Stabilizers. 

You can easily get 100k credits in 12 days. I don't know why people are being so aggressive about it. 

As a casual player I find either the price a bit too high or the time too short.  It would feel more comfortable to have the 100k credits DNA stabilizers last theoretically (that is assuming there's no waste) 24 days or have the package cost 50k credits.

Not everyone has credit boosters and/or frequents the void (for more credits) and I don't consider Kubrows to be endgme content.  It would be nice to keep the maintenance cost of them low, so we can use them more rather than just for mastery, only to keep them in stasis.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just giving my opinion as a casual player.

Buzzword ahoy.

I don't think waiting for the currently active Kubrow's health to fall to 60% before using a stabilizer is enough of an effort-demanding activity to threaten the "casualness" of the Warframe experience.

As a casual player I find either the price a bit too high or the time too short.  It would feel more comfortable to have the 100k credits DNA stabilizers last theoretically (that is assuming there's no waste) 24 days or have the package cost 50k credits.

Not everyone has credit boosters and/or frequents the void (for more credits) and I don't consider Kubrows to be endgme content.  It would be nice to keep the maintenance cost of them low, so we can use them more rather than just for mastery, only to keep them in stasis.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just giving my opinion as a casual player.

It's not that hard to get credits.  T3+ Ext/Capture give 26k in a group and can be done quickly, Dark Sectors in Pluto can give about 23k in a group, and even Venus Dark Sectors can give a decent amount.  12 days for 100k is not unreasonable.

Mind you, if you're having trouble raising the money to maintain your kubrow, maybe it's not the time for you to be thinking about getting one.  It took me a few mastery levels worth of play time before I had enough credits to build a sentinel, this was before Dark Sectors and before I had started running Void.

Edited by xNegikunx

Not everyone has credit boosters and/or frequents the void (for more credits) and I don't consider Kubrows to be endgme content. 

That's actually an interesting point. To get Kubrows you kind of need endgame stuff (at the very least T1 void), and the credits to maintain it are kinda end-gamey ... but the Kubrow itself can't survive endgame. Hell, I doubt it can survive the credit farming it needs.

Oh the contradictions!

That's actually an interesting point. To get Kubrows you kind of need endgame stuff (at the very least T1 void), and the credits to maintain it are kinda end-gamey ... but the Kubrow itself can't survive endgame. Hell, I doubt it can survive the credit farming it needs.

Oh the contradictions!

That's really well put.

Here is the problem: In their actual form, Kubrow aren't usefull (could even be an handicap) in end-game content (thinking' of the void)

Edited by Marnus

Seriously though, 100,000 credits for just six uses? That's highway freaking robbery.

At least a player should get ten uses, or the price needs to be reduced to say: 50,000 to 75,000. I think that is a more affordable price range.

Any thoughts? 

I only got one use out of mine, not six. I used one to experiment, thinking I had six. Nope. My DNA stabilizer pack was gone after one use. I paid for that in platinum, so it shocked me a little. I bought the starter kit and I got a bogus DNA stabilizer.

My complaint, mostly, is that I wasn't warned by the UI or given any information about anything from the UI before I experimented with it. For example, the incubator shows a picture of six DNA stabilizers in a pack so it's not unreasonable to assume if you use one there would be five left. Not so. So it's misleading and I just wasted a DNA stabilizer I bought with platinum, thanks to a bad UI.

With all due respect to DE, this whole thing is trial and error at our expense - sometimes platinum expense - and that is what is frustrating. DE is leaving it for us to figure out on our a little too much, especially when experimenting costs real life money and the UI pictures and info about the DNA stabilizers in the incubator are directly misleading us. It's almost worth stepping back for a couple weeks until they get it together.

Edited by xRastaban

I'm in favour of a drop in price of DNA stabilizers as well. Either that or remove the degradation system entirely... which doesn't seem possible if that is what DE wants.

Veterans =/= Casual play. I play casually and only farm when I want to but I already put in 900+ hours into the game. I have a good amount of credits but that still doesn't mean I'm willing to waste it all on paying for my Kubrow when I can use it on Transmutation.

I think this isn't too bad at all honestly. Yes, I would be happy if it was lowered because I mean I could never complain at even cheaper stabalizers. But for me, I'm pretty poor and rarely am above 100k. But the fact of the matter is since you can make these stabalizers last 12 days, 8.3k credits a day is simple. I can do that on Mercury. And since you only have 1 kubrow out of stasis at a time, you don't have to worry about keeping up with more than 1 at a time. It's pretty simple really. I mean, if it's reduced to 50k and you have to get 4.15k credits a day so be it. Thats still like 1 mission on Mercury. Anybody can keep up with these costs with very little planning. I think what needs to happen is that a BP needs to be added along side this that isn't too cheap as to trump the straight up credit bundle, perhaps requiring some rare resource(s), but making it easier on the people who can't spare any credits. But until then I think we can deal with running 1 extra mission for creds a day.

I don't like the price. I rarely do missions JUST for credits and what I get gets mostly eaten by new weapons and Fusion, so I'll have to regularly grind for those.

This game is repetitive enough, it doesn't need any more of it. It doesn't even really help DE in platinum sales so it's basicaly pointless.

Edited by Kawalorn

That's not a good analysis. Some people use more than one Kubrow a day - more than one stabilizer. 

... which is why the damn mechanic works well. You want to play My Little Kubrow? Pay the damn money.

I don't like the price. I rarely do missions JUST for credits and what I get gets mostly eaten by new weapons and Fusion, so I'll have to regularly grind for those.

This game is repetitive enough, it doesn't need any more of it. It doesn't even really help DE in platinum sales so it's basicaly pointless.

So put the Kubrow in Stasis until you build up the money and THEN use him. Whats that? You want to use him ALL the time?

How did you survive before Kubrows came out anyway?

That's a whole other subject, lol.

Really? REALLY? Cause I looked on the wiki to see what Argon could build, got everything ready, and then got enough Argon in a few runs with a super-loot-finder build that can open red chests, see loot through walls etc etc, and now wonders of wonders, don't need Argon anymore.

Whats that? Kubrows do? My above build has on MULTIPLE occasions found Argon on Earth, so this must mean DE is seeding Argon on normal levels now, so Argon arguments are now even more moot.

So put the Kubrow in Stasis until you build up the money and THEN use him. Whats that? You want to use him ALL the time?

How did you survive before Kubrows came out anyway?

1. Learn to read

2. Stop gloating over a video game cause that's pathetic

I didn't say I can't do that. I said I'd prefer not to as I like to have proper fun with video games and not do the same mission 5 times just to get enough credits for something.

And FYI I have 1m credit thanks to the first Invasion event and I'm simply trying to stay on that level if I can.

Edited by Kawalorn

Most people feel cheated by the costs for maintaining a Kubrow because it makes them feel lack of ownership. The way Kubrow work now is essentially you have to go on a somewhat tedious quest full of bugs that can take a very long time due to low egg drop rate, then you need to spend the initial investment of 100k, which is fine when you consider it's the same cost for any Sentinel. Then you need to wait around three days for the the thing to hatch, again this isn't that bad considering it's Warframe we're talking about here. Then another 1 or 2 days for the thing to reach maturity so we can actually use it (compare this to say a Warframe which takes about 4 days without rushing to use, it's not that bad).

Everything up to this point makes the player feel very invested in their Kubrow because they have had to spend just as much time (if not more honestly) getting it as they would a new Warframe, or a fancy new weapon. However that quickly fades when you then find out your cuddly new dog is a genetic freak with mutating DNA that degrades over time slowly killing it with space cancer until it devolves into a puddle of DNA, and the only way to stop this process is to continually dump unnecessary resources onto it weekly (or at most, bi-weekly depending on how you feel about living with a perpetual 80% health boost instead of 100%).

Rather than feeling like it is your Kubrow, you feel more like you're renting it. When they first added Sentinels it was pretty much buy the BP, make the Sentinel and here you go, you now have a little robot companion to help you out until the end of time. Most games with pets don't require this much micromanaging, and even Warframe didn't until the addition of the Kubrow, so I think it's less to do with the fact that it costs so much and more to do with a kind of knee jerk reaction of "what, I have to pay for this thing every week? But I thought it was mine?"

With Warframe being a Free to Play game, most people don't expect subscriptions. DNA Stabilizers are kind of like a Kubrow Subscription. Also, as pointed out a few posts up there is no way to buy these with plat so it doesn't effect DE's bottom line one way or the other to lower the price on them.

I have my first Kubrow. After using him and ranking him to Lvl10. I have to agree, the cost of the stabilizers are a bit over priced.

I understand the game concept, in that he was created from DNA insemination, and requires a type of continued stabilization/maintenance for that process. But, the price for 6 seems a bit steep. What is the reasoning behind this? Or is this a starting price point to poll the market and see how many people play them, and then the price may come down??? After doing the quest chain, one wants to play the Kubrow, but wonders if the price is worth it. Hope a "Blue" reads this and comments. THanks.....

I went from 1.8million to 228,000 credits in a matter of a week!

-I am fine with 100,000 credits. Safegaurd - there should be 5 total purchases and after the 5th your Kubro NEVER needs them again.

-If you wish to keep the Kubrow in their current money sink config. then drop the price to 10,000credits per unit.

-IF that does not work, Make the degregation slow over time and DNA stabilizers more potent. (After all... YOU ARE STABLIZING THE KUBROW... Not just prolonging its life.