Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow] More Control Over Your Furry Friend

davekian

So I was playing around with waypoints yesterday and I had an idea. What if we could use waypoints to mark enemies or places for our Kubrows to attack/guard. Let's say you're in the void doing a defense and there is a Eximus headed for the pod you can command your Kubrow to focus its attention on it instead of the little guys, or, mark a Rescue NPC/Defense Pod/Area for your Kubrow to stick by in order to guard it. Seeing as they are our loyal companions it'd be nice to trust them to certain objectives. 

P.S. If we could get map markers for Kubrows that'd be awesome :)

So I was playing around with waypoints yesterday and I had an idea. What if we could use waypoints to mark enemies or places for our Kubrows to attack/guard. Let's say you're in the void doing a defense and there is a Eximus headed for the pod you can command your Kubrow to focus its attention on it instead of the little guys, or, mark a Rescue NPC/Defense Pod/Area for your Kubrow to stick by in order to guard it. Seeing as they are our loyal companions it'd be nice to trust them to certain objectives. 

P.S. If we could get map markers for Kubrows that'd be awesome :)

I'm concerned that this will couple waypoints to kubrows in a way that won't always be useful. When I'm playing with friends, we often use waypoints to mark places or things - that's what waypoints are for. We may not always intend for a kubrow to go attack something just because we mark that "hey, there's some thing we were looking for." 

I do think that we need some way of commanding them, though.

I'm concerned that this will couple waypoints to kubrows in a way that won't always be useful. When I'm playing with friends, we often use waypoints to mark places or things - that's what waypoints are for. We may not always intend for a kubrow to go attack something just because we mark that "hey, there's some thing we were looking for." 

I do think that we need some way of commanding them, though.

you could try to hold down the key instead of pressing to be a fuction for your kubrow too. that would be cool,

Map markers for kubrows would be useful

I have no idea where my kubrow is for 90% of matches - partly because I have an invisible huras kubrow + I'm often using loki invis myself as well.

And yeah I'd like kubrow commands too, e.g. one that makes him more aggressive to enemies (so he will attack without me being damaged or attacking first) or defensive.

Edited by Inversus

z and g are actually used. G being the one used for markers. how about K? couldnt make more sense.

edit: ok ok, K is a lil bit far. but i just remember that we must not forget about consoles. they do not have as many buttons as we do. i guess double function key/buttons is the only way to go.

anyway, we all want this. i cant think of someone who doesnt. and im pretty sure DE already thought about it. wouldn't be weird to have this implemented at some point.

Edited by locojuan

The problem with this is that DE doesn't want the sentinels to become useless. I recommend a mastery lock [was thinking 6 or 7] for Kubrows. This way sentinels will be more useful in the early game and Kubrows could be an award for getting that far in the game; kinda like mounts in other games.

F1 = Attack, F2 = Guard, F3 = Stay/Follow, F4 = Get item/Drop item (for mods, items and even objectives. but your kubrow cant attack until you pick it up or you tell them to drop it) I assume no one uses these keys.

The problem with this is that DE doesn't want the sentinels to become useless. I recommend a mastery lock [was thinking 6 or 7] for Kubrows. This way sentinels will be more useful in the early game and Kubrows could be an award for getting that far in the game; kinda like mounts in other games.

Exp Locking them would be good too but it wouldnt make Sentinels useless they should buff sentinels to make them more useful to be on par with Kubrows to make it more of a personal taste kind of thing then anything else

remember DE has to take controller support into their design decisions now. they cant suddenly have 20 more buttons that activate by using certain keys because they wouldn't be able to have it in the PS4 version without doing something junky.

remember DE has to take controller support into their design decisions now. they cant suddenly have 20 more buttons that activate by using certain keys because they wouldn't be able to have it in the PS4 version without doing something junky.

Holding down buttons like square or select or something instead of tapping would be a good solution

Holding down buttons like square or select or something instead of tapping would be a good solution

not quite. simply just pointing where you want your dog to go doesn't fix anything. I imagine it would actually make things worse. If anything like this is implemented then the entire Kubrow system needs to be reworked. It doesn't fix the bad AI that it would still have once it gets to that spot or anything like that.

besides holding down a button instead of simply taping it would cause more problems than it fixes. examples being accidentally holding down the G key causing your pet to go there and maybe get killed, or drawing attention. or not holding it down long enough causing all your team mates to get a useless way point which is extremely annoying I might add. If the kubrow dose go to where you pointed him how do you get it back? that would mean another key would have to be added which complicates everything. Its just a nightmare to factor in all these little things that can cause very annoying things to happen if its done wrong.