Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am The Only One Who Want Know More About The "sentient War"?

Kaiser_Suoh

I just want know more. The lost memories.

This game needs more information about that war. It is most intriguing about this game because not much is known about the past.

I mean to know more about the "Tenno" and "Stalker".

Could be in form of "little archives" in a future event, flashbacks, stalker "dialogues" etc.

Anything could be fine.

This game needs more information about that war. It is most intriguing about this game because not much is known about the past.

Could be in form of "little archives" in a future event, flashbacks, stalker "dialogues" etc.

Anything could be fine.

I think DE is getting around to that...

I hope.

Lore is being introduced very slowly.  I'm mixed on this.  On the one hand, every little snippet I learn is exciting.  On the other, I've been waiting so loooong for answers :)

But they have said before that it will come.

Kinda want small story based levels like guild wars had for gwens story and tojos story.

You get to play as the frame and recall history of the past. Starting with excal, he has his skills and is a certain level. If you fiish the story you get to choose a prize. (usually story exclusive weapons/skins).

First of all, I'll say it right now, the answer to the question "Am I the only one?"  is NO and will most of the time be NO. It'd be unreasonable to think that you're the only player in the Warframe community who wants a specific thing.

Secondly, the subject of Sentients go as far as when J3-Golem still existed, since that's when Lotus mentioned the Sentients for the first time. Ever since that time, the community have been questioning about it and its lore, but since it's been more than a year and not that much new info regarding the Sentients except some of the new Warframe codex entries (and new quest), there's not that much to keep the discussion going.

DE needs to pump more first. However, before getting into that plotline, I feel many things need to be resolved more properly in the current conflicts with the faction. Anything Tenno-related, in my opinion, especially when it's more personal, should be left near the "end" since we'll probably learn of some big truth concerning ourselves, the Orokin extinction and the Stalker, and ultimately the Sentients.

Edited by Casardis

Indeed it would be really good to know more about these Sentients. Could they be related in some way to the Infestation?

Nope.

The Sentients attacked and could turn the orokin's technology against them so the orokin released the infested. That just made things worse so the Tenno were created.

Indeed it would be really good to know more about these Sentients. Could they be related in some way to the Infestation?

The Old War is the battle against the Sentients, and the infestation (or at least Lephantis) was created to fight in that war. The old information (with J3-Golem) was that it was created by the Orokin (at least the Technocyte virus strain that we know today was) to battle the Sentients, but now Lotus simply says that "it was created to fight in the Old War."

In that sense, DE might have retcon a few things again, but it's safer to say that they stayed with the first lore version of it despite the slight dialogue tweaks.

Edited by Casardis

You're not alone.  lol.  I would love to know more.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there were some sort of historical missions or a battle simulator where we could engage in a quest occurring in the past on special tilesets meant to tell this story?  I mean it's sorta call of duty but still...  (you know those missions that take place in the past, etc.)

Anything could be fine.

DE is planning to create a fullpladged campagin with written storyline across all planets of solar system. Quests will be added via updates and patches. I am sure that they will cover lore regarding the sentints, neaural sentry and fall of Orokin. We just need to be patient :)

Lore is being introduced very slowly.  I'm mixed on this.  On the one hand, every little snippet I learn is exciting.  On the other, I've been waiting so loooong for answers :)

But they have said before that it will come.

It's like they're pulling a G.R.R.M on us and delaying every update and every bit or lore longer and longer and the things we do give us lead to more questions than answers.

I think Ordis, the "Mad Cephalon", is a huge hint on what the Sentients were. The very name implies something having achieved sentience...like a computer A.I. That would certainly make them the "least human" possible, and would explain why they were so good at turning the Orokins' own technology against them. In other words, the Sentients are probably a lot like the Cylons from the updated Battlestar Galactica.

I think Ordis, the "Mad Cephalon", is a huge hint on what the Sentients were. The very name implies something having achieved sentience...like a computer A.I. That would certainly make them the "least human" possible, and would explain why they were so good at turning the Orokins' own technology against them. In other words, the Sentients are probably a lot like the Cylons from the updated Battlestar Galactica.

And the reason they created the infestation was because it could make biological footsoldiers that the sentients could not take over due to the fact that the infested are entirely organic.

And the reason they created the infestation was because it could make biological footsoldiers that the sentients could not take over due to the fact that the infested are entirely organic.

Also the reason the Tenno use low tech weapons like bows, swords and black powder weapons like the Vasto.  Not really a way to turn those types of weapons against their master.