Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Solo Pve When?

BloodKitten

tryed it, set it to invite only, people still joined.

there are bots and specters, just add PvE and dont force people into PvP

It's only for Conflict. What kind of conflict between Alliances would it be if it's PvE? They made it this way so you can't just rush the mobile defense with more number and instantly destroy the other side rail. number is still an advantage alright but at least some other unbalanced factors are in it as well now.

Edited by Zeitzbach

It's only for Conflict. What kind of conflict between Alliances would it be if it's PvE? They made it this way so you can't just rush the mobile defense with more number and instantly destroy the other side rail. number is still an advantage alright but at least some other unbalanced factors are in it as well now.

PvE can be with specters and orokin AI, PvP will only have orokin AI and game will not start untill both sides have 2 players, its really that simple.

Are you asking for solo play on dark sector conflicts?

Which was totally a thing before the conflicts were reworked, FYI.

I agree with OP. I would like to try the DS conflicts but I'd rather not get involved into the whole unbalanced mess that is players using their top notch warframes and weapons and just have a normal run.

Unlike the case for majority of the game this gamemode CAN work as PvE because it's just a matter of replacing players with Spectre AI.

I agree with OP. I would like to try the DS conflicts but I'd rather not get involved into the whole unbalanced mess that is players using their top notch warframes and weapons and just have a normal run.

Unlike the case for majority of the game this gamemode CAN work as PvE because it's just a matter of replacing players with Spectre AI.

I'm well aware that it previously existed.

The problem is not whether or not the game mode can work with AIs.  It's whether or not allowing it is a good idea.  The general problem is that no computer AI is ever going to be as effective as a human.  Which means that the clans involved in the conflicts would be far more likely to win if they restrict their runs to only take on AI.

And since they can reasonably expect their competition to take any advantage available, even if a clan were to prefer actual PvP versus bot-killing, they'd be penalized with the loss of their sectors for doing so, since they'll be far less effective against actual people then the opposition will against bots.

Individual players have a similar dilemma with battle pay - you're more likely to win, and thus get paid, if you take on the AI versus other players.  So individuals are going to avoid it as well.

You'd basically kill the PvP portion of dark sectors by doing this.

Edited by Phatose

Please note that with the way mods go online, you don't need to worry about "top notch" gear/builds.

People are lucky to get 1 ability and a redirection online, and maybe a serration for their primary and a melee mod.

Frame choice and weapon choice make a difference, but not so much build at this pt in time.

And those were horrible, boring, dragged out grind fests.

I really don't want those back, at all.

If PvE existed for the Conflicts, the larger Alliances, who know what their doing, would just push their members to solo-run the PvE, and win that way.  It would 'kill' the PvP since most would just run the PvE.

No, just no.

Edited by Hexagoros