Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Feel Of Warframe

Dromenon

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this topic, but this forum seemed like the best fit. I'm not really complaining, but I just want to point out something about the tone of Warframe and how it seems to have changed dramatically. Sadly, I'm not the best at describing tones of most media like Warframe, but music seems the easiest comparison. Warframe, at least in my opinion, has changed its overall tone and feeling from something that the Yoshida Brothers would've written (the songs Cherry Blossoms in Winter and Storm if you're curious) to something more along the lines of Glitch music or Drum and Bass. Again, I'm not saying this is a wholly bad thing, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed a change like this over the course of Warframe.

There's actually a lot of diverse soundtracks in Warframe. They usually alternate between genres.

I don't think that (s)he is referring to the actual music so much as using it as an analogy. For example, a place you would go to listen to jazz has a very different mood than a place you would listen to dubstep at. It's not so much the actual music as the tone and the people - the general feel.

I don't think that (s)he is referring to the actual music so much as using it as an analogy. For example, a place you would go to listen to jazz has a very different mood than a place you would listen to dubstep at. It's not so much the actual music as the tone and the people - the general feel.

Yeah sorry about being so weird and nonsensical about this topic (yes nonsensical is a word), it's just that I was wondering if anyone else noticed the dramatic change in feel of Warframe. It went from ninjas and samurai being traditional badasses to a super futuristic, almost cyberpunk, feel.

Are you talking about the overall feel or the feel of the music? Because I've noticed there's been a bit of a change in the overall feel too (not that that's a problem)

Not really so much as the feel of the music, I rarely even play with it on anymore, but just I found that the best way to express the overall feel of something was with genres of music.

Okay, listening to this Yoshida Bros' song...I never got this from Warframe. Ever. This is way too Feudal Japan. Yes, the Tenno have a lot of Japanese-derived things and mannerisms (but even the Tenno written language looks closer to West Asian or way-too-stylized cursive), but Warframe isn't just the Tenno; everyone else in Warframe are very not Japanese.

The reason I'm still playing Warframe is because DE is taking up the torch of what Homeworld attempted 15 years ago with Space Opera: it's not just about explosions and lasers and gruff bounty hunters, it's about the iteration of human cultures across an increasingly large expanse of frontier (at least that's what it seemed like DE was trying to do, listening to the original Dark Sector vid). And we get to be the coolest part of the story of human migration: a ritualized and deified warrior caste. The cherry on top? The Orokin are dust and we get the run of the solar system, completely unchecked. "Power Overwhelming" defines the Tenno experience right now. Sometimes it's boring, sometimes it's awesome.

In your terms:

Okay, listening to this Yoshida Bros' song...I never got this from Warframe. Ever. This is way too Feudal Japan. Yes, the Tenno have a lot of Japanese-derived things and mannerisms (but even the Tenno written language looks closer to West Asian or way-too-stylized cursive), but Warframe isn't just the Tenno; everyone else in Warframe are very not Japanese.

The reason I'm still playing Warframe is because DE is taking up the torch of what Homeworld attempted 15 years ago with Space Opera: it's not just about explosions and lasers and gruff bounty hunters, it's about the iteration of human cultures across an increasingly large expanse of frontier (at least that's what it seemed like DE was trying to do, listening to the original Dark Sector vid). And we get to be the coolest part of the story of human migration: a ritualized and deified warrior caste. The cherry on top? The Orokin are dust and we get the run of the solar system, completely unchecked. "Power Overwhelming" defines the Tenno experience right now. Sometimes it's boring, sometimes it's awesome.

In your terms:

So yeah right now it's pretty much that in case anyone was wondering. And also in regards to the yoshida brothers, perhaps it may have been the clan I was in or something else because looking back yeah I think more of the clan than the game itself.

Not really so much as the feel of the music, I rarely even play with it on anymore, but just I found that the best way to express the overall feel of something was with genres of music.

Well it seems like the overall feel has changed as well. The tenno seem much more human now, and the universe feels less sort of run-down. I'm not really sure how to put it into words, but U14 seems to have changed the tone of the story a little.