Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis

Giant_Wonton

This is a GREAT weapon. Very fun to use, but I do have one problem: 
IT DOESN'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. 

Sorry DE, but 35 base fire damage just isn't enough for end game players. Also, why would it take stamina to block bullets with a shield...? Logic, right?

Please buff this weapon. <3

What would happen if you tried to block a .50 caliber bullet with an invincible shield. You would get winded, knocked down or sent flying. I think it makes perfect sense. Plenty of mods that give you stamina out there. Try shield flux if your playing the blocking game it will drain excess stamina from your shields or quick rest.

Deserves a buff to 45-55 damage, but should always take stamina to block. I mean really, do we want Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes and Angstrums being able to run around in conclave with a perfect shield?

That's literally my current build :(

Well it still requires stamina to block with a shield, but in terms of gameplay, especially to increase the value of the shield and its use, it should use at least 80% less stamina or none at all, in my opinion. Right now, in terms of gameplay design, the sword and shield is just another dual sword with animations. The shield doesn't add anything new to gameplay even though they could have easily done something good with offensive+defensive abilities. Games like Dragon's Dogma did it well IMO.

In that sense, while I understand people's comparison with real life and physics, this shouldn't be a reason/excuse/justification to prevent simple potential new gameplay quirks, and increased variety between weapons. You'll just be limiting the game if that kind of mindset becomes the main argument to push good (whether big or small) concerns aside.

Edited by Casardis

Damage buff would be nice but as it stands it is just another melee weapon that looks like a sword n shield.  In this regard a simple damage buff would suffice.

If we could use the shield bash or shield throw outside a combo it would give it more utility and make up for the low damage.  If we could aim the shield throw at osprey's that would be nice.  The amount of stamina it takes to run, melee and block makes blocking useless on all but guarding against knockdowns but all melee weapons can do that now.

Bullets have a lot of energy.

The stamina thing makes sense if you're resisting all that energy.

What would happen if you tried to block a .50 caliber bullet with an invincible shield. You would get winded, knocked down or sent flying. I think it makes perfect sense. Plenty of mods that give you stamina out there. Try shield flux if your playing the blocking game it will drain excess stamina from your shields or quick rest.

Stop trying to bring realism in a game where you can deflect streams bullets fired from an automatic weapon with a sword or fly around with melee weapons.

The shield is useless right now and that is not okay.

The weapon needs a minor damage buff, 45-55 would do nicely. It's current stats are on a similar level to the basic Skana, which really isn't acceptable for clantech or anything needing a forma to craft.

What it really needs is a non-stat buff, such as no/reduced stamina cost to blocking while equipped, innate damage reflection, something along those lines.

Having a shield bash, where sprinting while blocking will knock down/ragdoll enemies like with flying kicks would be nice.

The purpose of a shield is to absorb more using a lot less stamina, seems this shield is purely aesthetic and serves no purpose other than to look good and bash in enemies.

This dev team needs a crash course on unique weapons and not simply shove out uniquely designed weapons w/o the uniqueness. They take the time to design "crap" warframes, they can take the time to design weapons with unique abilities. it's time to extend powers to weapons and give weapons their own powers(sort of) like a special effect that doe more than look pretty/cool.

And the fire blade needs to be a sword, not a dagger.

I don't agree.

The only people using melee weapons for end game are bad players.

Use a primary or a secondary. Melee is only for those rare occasions you have to kill a unit or 2, or you dont want to waste ammo. Sure some melee weapons can be late game, but in reality it's silly to even use them. 

And if you get the stance you can throw your shield and do massive damage.

Stop trying to bring realism in a game where you can deflect streams bullets fired from an automatic weapon with a sword or fly around with melee weapons.

The shield is useless right now and that is not okay.

Wait, lets bring warframe into realism.

In warframe, you can wall run so it's obvious you should be able to in real life. try it everyone.

And if you get the stance you can throw your shield and do massive damage.

Would much rather build for proc. Made Gas and Electric and got a 55% proc chance. Since throwing the shield attacks multiple times, you can expect to get in at least 2 procs.

Would much rather build for proc. Made Gas and Electric and got a 55% proc chance. Since throwing the shield attacks multiple times, you can expect to get in at least 2 procs.

That too. We have like 6 mods we can use to get additional proc. Why people are complaining it's bad, I don't know.

This is a GREAT weapon. Very fun to use, but I do have one problem: 

IT DOESN'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. 

Sorry DE, but 35 base fire damage just isn't enough for end game players. Also, why would it take stamina to block bullets with a shield...? Logic, right?

Please buff this weapon. <3

aw... I haven't been so excited for a weapon in a long time... I'm quite disappointed to hear that it sucks...

Seriously, DE needs to get rid of the elemental damage only melee weapons. It doesn't make any sense. You can cut someone fifty times with a blade but the only thing hurting them is the elemental damage? Bull.

That too. We have like 6 mods we can use to get additional proc. Why people are complaining it's bad, I don't know.

Like every weapon in this game, people just care about damage.

Also, didn't you just say players who use melee are bad at the game?  Why do you care if they complain or not?

What would happen if you tried to wall run in real life, you'd fall does and break a leg.

What would happen if you "butt" slide in real life, you'll get a rash.

What would happen in real life if you tried running through bullets, you'd die.

What would happen in real life if:....

You try to dodge bullets?

You try to run jump far to other platform?

Tried to ride powerful wind gust up into the air?

Fall from extreme heights?

Run up walls?

Do the scythe combo?

Toss a Glaive?

I bet these won't end well. But if you can do it warframe with positive results, you should be able to do it in real life with same results.

Edited by SirAuron

aw... I haven't been so excited for a weapon in a long time... I'm quite disappointed to hear that it sucks...

Seriously, DE needs to get rid of the elemental damage only melee weapons. It doesn't make any sense. You can cut someone fifty times with a blade but the only thing hurting them is the elemental damage? Bull.

Looks like they need to improve the damage of single elements again.

People have rather differing terms as far as what "endgame" means in Warframe. I personally just want all of my weapons to be useful on Ceres and Pluto as of right now, that's endgame to me. Towers are supplemental, you bring weapons you know will get the job done on those. Don't expect every weapon in your arsenal to be useful out there, even if it is forma'd potato'd and level 30.

I'd like to point out a few things in my testing. Just to put it out there:

This weapon is all about its stance... particularly the extra hidden damage that isn't related to the weapon's actual stats. I am referring to the attacks utilizing the actual shield itself not dealing fire damage and in fact... I don't know if they can even proc other elements. I"m fairly certain these special shield-based attacks are just what they are--with one exception:

Has anyone else noticed that when you use Diamond Deus if any hit in it procs that ALL SIX HITS are counted as procs? I have yet to fully test this, but the best candidates would be Shock and possibly Corrosive. If I am correct in this, then putting Corrosive on this weapon and having a Corrosive proc on Diamond Deus will apply the armor reduction debuff multiple times instantly.

Was playin' last night and hit a heavy gunner in a void. I couldn't help but notice all five hits that landed had a fire proc marker next to its damage. Now this weapon's status proc is pretty dang good, but, five IN A ROW like that? I find that hard to believe. It seems far more to me like the game merely decides if your attack is going to proc or not, and in the case of this six-hitter, every hit is instantly included in it.

Prove me wrong.