Silva & Aegis

I personally love this weapon myself and the design makes sense why it has a permanent fire base on it, after all its a flaming sword and shield its bound to have fire damage on it. It could be fixed so that its just energy circulating around the sword and shield but even then it would cause heat from the energy and thus be a heat sword = fire damage so I cant complain on that.

However I can agree highly on its damage, seems rather minimal for a sword made entirely out of energy/fire even on the infested. The damage needs a buff at least too a good degree of damage. Also I see no reason why people are angry on the shield taking away stamina when bullets are being fired at it, that aspect is a very real and very good way to not make the shield not some invincible spam able barrier that everyone will use to death. Sorry just don't agree on that it would be like the old F4 win button Warframe abilities all over again being way too overpowered.

Looks like they need to improve the damage of single elements again.

Or simply add slash/puncture/impact back onto the weapons. Even if the fire is still the main source of the damage, at least it isn't restricted to ONE type of damage so that you can utilize the weapon on something besides Infested with decent results. If the sword were MADE of fire, I'd be more open to the idea of it as the only damage type, but as long as you are physically hitting someone with a tangible weapon, it needs to be able to do base physical damage as well.

That too. We have like 6 mods we can use to get additional proc. Why people are complaining it's bad, I don't know.

Perhaps because no one really understands the proc system and what it's capable of. And the fact that enemies are most vulnerable to Corrosive, Magnetic and Gas unless boss/heavies. Those are the 3 major damage dealing elements that kill before any proc. So what did you expect?

Besides, you have teammates killing everything before proc as well. There is simply no time for proc.

Deserves a buff to 45-55 damage, but should always take stamina to block. I mean really, do we want Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes and Angstrums being able to run around in conclave with a perfect shield?

If you want a perfect shield in pvp you take a single handed dagger........... The stamina consumption is so low that it won't matter what you throw at it Q_Q

Just like Venka, S&A isn't much to look at without the stance.  Personally, there shouldn't be a damage boost.  It's supposed to hit low because of its utility.  Being able to get a max of 59% status chance means every other hit you can proc blast to knock down and immediately use a finisher or for every other hit to proc with corrosive and melt away the enemy's armor.  The only change that should be made to the weapon is to reduce stamina drain from blocking.  Someone mentioned that unlike other forms of blocking the shield blocks 100% of the damage and that's why it drains stamina so quickly.  Except that's what a shield is supposed to do.  Since every melee weapon in the game can block, the shield needs a superior block.

If you want a perfect shield in pvp you take a single handed dagger........... The stamina consumption is so low that it won't matter what you throw at it Q_Q

I'm not advocating realism, but what logic is it that a single dagger is a better blocking tool than a shield?

Edited by Aramanth

Perhaps because no one really understands the proc system and what it's capable of. And the fact that enemies are most vulnerable to Corrosive, Magnetic and Gas unless boss/heavies. Those are the 3 major damage dealing elements that kill before any proc. So what did you expect?

Besides, you have teammates killing everything before proc as well. There is simply no time for proc.

Proc damage outside of direct damage buffs is basically just a toy, it's fun to play with and see it in action but ultimately it doesn't add much. Weapons that rely solely on proc damage are by their very nature much less useful than a weapon with physical damage.

What would happen if you tried to wall run in real life, you'd fall does and break a leg.

What would happen if you "butt" slide in real life, you'll get a rash.

What would happen in real life if you tried running through bullets, you'd die.

What would happen in real life if:....

You try to dodge bullets?

You try to run jump far to other platform?

Tried to ride powerful wind gust up into the air?

Fall from extreme heights?

Run up walls?

Do the scythe combo?

Toss a Glaive?

I bet these won't end well. But if you can do it warframe with positive results, you should be able to do it in real life with same results.

Do you have a point? People wall run everyday, just because you suck at parkour doesn't mean everyone does!

bo-jackson-wall-run-o.gif

mmaheadkick_medium.gif

Edited by Sedant

Seriously, DE needs to get rid of the elemental damage only melee weapons.

No no no... You don't understand how good non-physical weapons are...

If a weapon does no physical damage, then the status effect pool isn't diluted by those effects. The end result is the Silve-Aegis has a base 20% status chance, which will always be the fire effect or elemental combo, with Cicero+Bg you can get 55% Gas effect.

Compare this to a weapon dealing equal slash and gas with the same 55% status chance, you are getting 22.5% bleed proc and 22.5% gas proc, which can make all the difference to playstyle.

aw... I haven't been so excited for a weapon in a long time... I'm quite disappointed to hear that it sucks...

Seriously, DE needs to get rid of the elemental damage only melee weapons. It doesn't make any sense. You can cut someone fifty times with a blade but the only thing hurting them is the elemental damage? Bull.

No, they shouldn't. I'll take my radiation proc over a chance between radiation, slash, puncture and impact any day.

You're still ignoring the fact that you are physically hitting the enemy, unless the sword SHOOTS fire as its only attack. I'm not saying get rid of the weapons all together, or to get rid of the elemental damage. I'm saying add a minor single damage type to each of those weapons (whatever their primary damage type would be without the elemental damage) Nothing major, like triple digit buffs, just an added 30 points of slash damage to your sword and board as a nice little booster. It's either that or add some more fire damage... which... Nah, I'm good.

Edited by Kestral9999

Do you have a point? People wall run everyday, just because you suck at parkour doesn't mean everyone does!

bo-jackson-wall-run-o.gif

mmaheadkick_medium.gif

You made no point at all in your post. All you did was toss reality into science fiction. No one cares about reality. Your post was irrelevant to the topic, therefore pointless.

Heres what i say. it's damage is fine, the @(*()$ sword is practically a spatha, that dinky little dirk isnt gonna do much, what they should do is buff its defensive capability's, such as when you have a pistol and you ads, the thing blocks what bullets might hit it, (it doesnt deploy) hell you could do the same with rifles as well, make it worth having other than to do some silent killing or jump attacking infested.

I don't agree.

The only people using melee weapons for end game are bad players.

Use a primary or a secondary. Melee is only for those rare occasions you have to kill a unit or 2, or you dont want to waste ammo. Sure some melee weapons can be late game, but in reality it's silly to even use them. 

And if you get the stance you can throw your shield and do massive damage.

So it shouldn't be better? I refuse to believe that. To call something silly because u prefer to use the latter is silly. The whole point for the sword alone concept was that players should be able to bring melee weapons to end game material. And calling people bad players because they want to use melee is counterproductive. This sword and shield should be the perfect opportunity on improving melee. U can easily bring a boltor prime and last till wave 40 or higher on a t4 survival or def, but if u can do the same thing while using a dragon ninkana, that shows u have skill. That should be built upon, and any way to improve that should welcomed with opened arms.

+1 to the op. Severely dissapointed with the weapon. I put a catalyst on it in the hopes it gets a buff, cuz Ill be keeping it for style points. But I wont be bringing it with me on any serious missions. A fire sword should do more damage than a skana... especially one thats a clan tech weapon, especially when the research takes argon, especially when the sword comes with no polarities and takes 3 gallium and a forma to make :/

I'd like to point out a few things in my testing. Just to put it out there:

This weapon is all about its stance... particularly the extra hidden damage that isn't related to the weapon's actual stats. I am referring to the attacks utilizing the actual shield itself not dealing fire damage and in fact... I don't know if they can even proc other elements. I"m fairly certain these special shield-based attacks are just what they are--with one exception:

Has anyone else noticed that when you use Diamond Deus if any hit in it procs that ALL SIX HITS are counted as procs? I have yet to fully test this, but the best candidates would be Shock and possibly Corrosive. If I am correct in this, then putting Corrosive on this weapon and having a Corrosive proc on Diamond Deus will apply the armor reduction debuff multiple times instantly.

Was playin' last night and hit a heavy gunner in a void. I couldn't help but notice all five hits that landed had a fire proc marker next to its damage. Now this weapon's status proc is pretty dang good, but, five IN A ROW like that? I find that hard to believe. It seems far more to me like the game merely decides if your attack is going to proc or not, and in the case of this six-hitter, every hit is instantly included in it.

Prove me wrong.

doesn t proc in all 6 hits, i think you were just lucky, i tried

Proc damage outside of direct damage buffs is basically just a toy, it's fun to play with and see it in action but ultimately it doesn't add much. Weapons that rely solely on proc damage are by their very nature much less useful than a weapon with physical damage.

True for the "relying solely on proc", that said the 20% chance raised with the dual mods make it an excellent crowd controller with infested defs, try gas(you ll kill a lot of mobs at a nearly insane speed) or blast proc (down them, they rise up, they re down again)

He's right though, melee right now in Warframe is pointless. Guns do everything better.

Not a good reason to keep it that way, is it?

All in all the weapon is interesting & has potential, BUT :

1- the damage is to weak, barely above a skana, even with procs it makes it hard to use it for high lvl play (won t say endgame but you understand), i d buff it a little, but can t really tell how

2- the blocking system isn t really that good, even if it blocks 100% of damge, a grineer grunt with a grakata is sufficient to make sure you won t block more than 5 seconds, a bypass is warframe stamina mods but the weapon shouldn t force players into a specific build for their frame it s counter-productive (even if it could influence it a little but right now blocking with this weap is near-useless without stamina mods)

3- melee weapons ARE right now inferior to ranged, it was a problem in melee 1.0, it is in 2.0, but there is no answer right now & neither in sight, just pray there will be someday

Edited by manub

the weapon looks awesome and is fun to use but yeah the damage just makes it another crap weapon that is useless in the long run, i honestly think that no DE dev has played serious endgame content from all the recent weapons that have come out. we have what maybe 10-14 weapons that are truly useful for endgame content.

the weapon looks awesome and is fun to use but yeah the damage just makes it another crap weapon that is useless in the long run, i honestly think that no DE dev has played serious endgame content from all the recent weapons that have come out. we have what maybe 10-14 weapons that are truly useful for endgame content.

just curious but what do you consider viable for endgame as melee weapons, oh red corsair chaos lord?

I reiterate, everyone has a different term for endgame in Warframe. There is not a legitimate endgame as per the usual definition. Not every weapon in your arsenal is going to be useful on T4 Survival at 60+ minutes. As a matter of fact, if that is your (or anyone's) definition of endgame (by that I mean long tower runs) no more than a few weapons should be expected to be viable. If the majority of weapons were capable of outputting that much damage, the game would be broken and nobody would touch anything but tower missions after they unlocked the star chart. My own personal expectation for endgame weapons and warframes is that they hold their own on Ceres and Pluto defense missions at least up to wave 10-15. If they can't do that, it's not really worth the slot if you ask me.

Rebalance all the things!

I'll guess that you're at least being semi sarcastic but that really almost seems necessary at this point. Auto scaling weapons and warframes, similar to the effective level system in Guild Wars 2, would be a great change to the game. People could stop pulling one-shots with auto rifles on heavies, which is cool in the beginning but quickly loses it's charm when you can do it to pretty much anything with a well modded boltor prime.

you are a founder, you are better placed than us to be heard by DE, and rebalance how?

Well, for starters, give weapons definite tiers and balance them within those tiers.  Silva & Aegis is a unique weapon, so unless other, weaker variants are made, I imagine it should be at top-tier.  Braton and Skana should probably be low-tier.  Maybe something like Akbronco would be near the middle.  I doubt there'd just be three tiers, but that's for DE to handle, should they ever get around to doing this.  Anyway, what I'm saying is that Warframes, weapons, and mods in the game just aren't balanced.  I mean, I can just place quick thinking and rage on my Valkyr and be truly immortal.  I can place fleeting expertise and streamline on my Mag and CC forever.  I can place constitution and continuity on my Nova and her M Prime is tantamount to an actual nuclear warhead.

So I hope things will be changed in the future.  I would like for there to be a wide array of weapons I can use just as effectively as any other, rather than defaulting to Boltor Prime because it's just the best.

And to be honest just because I'm a founder doesn't really mean I can get my opinions to DE easier than anyone else unless they ask for a specific opinion (do you like x or y better?), which I really have zero control over, or at least only as much control as the next guy.

I'll guess that you're at least being semi sarcastic but that really almost seems necessary at this point. Auto scaling weapons and warframes, similar to the effective level system in Guild Wars 2, would be a great change to the game. People could stop pulling one-shots with auto rifles on heavies, which is cool in the beginning but quickly loses it's charm when you can do it to pretty much anything with a well modded boltor prime.

Nah I was actually being pretty serious.  Warframe isn't a balanced game.  There are measures you can take (if you've been blessed by RNG and have the Warframes, weapons, and mods required) which make you near invincible and the game becomes a cakewalk at any level.

Warframe is pretty fun right now, but there's no meaningful challenge, and even if there was the reward you got for it would be based on RNG.  So it would be cool if we could get that, but to get that DE needs to seriously rebalance the strength of enemies and Tenno, and by extension their weapons and abilities.