Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis

Giant_Wonton

so in other words, other than praying DE read posts, we can do nothing

Well I mean it's not like they just don't read forum posts.  They've shown, time and time again, that they do read them.  Probably not all of them because, well, they're not Rebecca and are devoted to actually working on the game first (their job as programmers), and reading community feedback second, but they don't just ignore everything.  And if you make something popular enough, it'll be hard not to see it.  So it's less up to chance and more of how much you're willing to discuss and push a thread if you believe in it.  Obviously you need a collective to agree on something, but you don't need every player to give you a +1 for DE (senpai) to notice (me).

Well I mean it's not like they just don't read forum posts.  They've shown, time and time again, that they do read them.  Probably not all of them because, well, they're not Rebecca and are devoted to actually working on the game first (their job as programmers), and reading community feedback second, but they don't just ignore everything.  And if you make something popular enough, it'll be hard not to see it.  So it's less up to chance and more of how much you're willing to discuss and push a thread if you believe in it.  Obviously you need a collective to agree on something, but you don't need every player to give you a +1 for DE (senpai) to notice (me).

big deal, there s 5 new post a minute sometimes, & redondant posts about the same issue (this is at least the 5th one for silva/aegis if not the tenth)

any remark we make has more chances to disappear than to be noticed (yes i m pessimistic but how many issues have been forgotten like that?)

And to be honest just because I'm a founder doesn't really mean I can get my opinions to DE easier than anyone else unless they ask for a specific opinion (do you like x or y better?), which I really have zero control over, or at least only as much control as the next guy.

This is entirely true. Founder's really don't have any supplemental influence over non founders, which is sad.

Nah I was actually being pretty serious.  Warframe isn't a balanced game.  There are measures you can take (if you've been blessed by RNG and have the Warframes, weapons, and mods required) which make you near invincible and the game becomes a cakewalk at any level.

Warframe is pretty fun right now, but there's no meaningful challenge, and even if there was the reward you got for it would be based on RNG.  So it would be cool if we could get that, but to get that DE needs to seriously rebalance the strength of enemies and Tenno, and by extension their weapons and abilities.

The BEST suggestion I can make to give this game any semblance of continuous challenge would be what I suggested before with the "effective level" system from Guild Wars 2. With this in effect, the weapon's base damage would decrease according to whatever the node you are on's effective level is.

So say you have a max level, potato'd, fully forma'd boltor prime, your base damage is ridiculous even without mods. On top of that you're rocking a max level, potato'd, fully forma'd Warframe as well. You then decide to go to a low level mission such as Kiliken and be a God walking amongst mere mortals. However, instead of the suggested level that appears on the node's tab, you see effective level 8. So that means that the base stats of all the gear you're bringing in are set to the stats of a level 8 version, though with the added benefit of a full arsenal of mods. So you are still extraordinarily powerful for that mission but instead of having 300 base shields and health you would have somewhere around 150, so on and so forth for the rest of your stats.

The good side of this is that it adds more challenge for veteran players going back to help newer players on early missions without truly nerfing them.

Edited by Kestral9999

This is entirely true. Founder's really don't have any supplemental influence over non founders, which is sad.

Eh.  Not entirely.  I don't think I would have liked it if I had exceedingly more influence over DE's actions just because I paid more money sooner.  A guy who joined the game a week ago could have ideas as good as/better than mine, and I would prefer if he was not at a disadvantage because I bought something he didn't.  Though I suppose I'd like everyone with good ideas to have more influence over DE's actions than they currently do, but that's not really anyone's fault, I understand that they cannot read & respond to everything.

big deal, there s 5 new post a minute sometimes, & redondant posts about the same issue (this is at least the 5th one for silva/aegis if not the tenth)

any remark we make has more chances to disappear than to be noticed (yes i m pessimistic but how many issues have been forgotten like that?)

If you really think that, why are you making posts at all?  Wouldn't it be more productive, in your view, simply to wait and see what happens?

The only thing you can really do is try to get your post to the top of the subforum and keep it there, but if you do that for a while there's a good chance DE will at least take a glance at it.

Eh.  Not entirely.  I don't think I would have liked it if I had exceedingly more influence over DE's actions just because I paid more money sooner.  A guy who joined the game a week ago could have ideas as good as/better than mine, and I would prefer if he was not at a disadvantage because I bought something he didn't.  Though I suppose I'd like everyone with good ideas to have more influence over DE's actions than they currently do, but that's not really anyone's fault, I understand that they cannot read & respond to everything.

No no no, you misunderstand. I think everyone's input should be valued the same, but a simple +2 or +3 option would be nice so that we could help to boost ideas that we legitimately think should be implemented. On top of that, the +'s should actually help more than they currently do to get ideas pushed forward.

No no no, you misunderstand. I think everyone's input should be valued the same, but a simple +2 or +3 option would be nice so that we could help to boost ideas that we legitimately think should be implemented. On top of that, the +'s should actually help more than they currently do to get ideas pushed forward.

Well I guess I don't have much of an argument there.  The pluses don't really do anything at all, do they?  Kinda like youtube comments, I would imagine.

Well I guess I don't have much of an argument there.  The pluses don't really do anything at all, do they?  Kinda like youtube comments, I would imagine.

Exactly my point, they are about as useful as likes on facebook right now (sooo, useless). If founders were granted an option to +1,+2,or +3 an idea and those +'s actually had real merit, I'm sure few people would have much of an argument against it.

If you really think that, why are you making posts at all?  Wouldn't it be more productive, in your view, simply to wait and see what happens?

The only thing you can really do is try to get your post to the top of the subforum and keep it there, but if you do that for a while there's a good chance DE will at least take a glance at it.

as i said, i m praying