Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

DE_Adam

ASH won

auto aim shuriken +instant death ulti

Ash shuriken was allready meh in PVE (at least for ppl who love to actually play, aim, and not just clik and watch)

but now this is just ridiculous XD

Edited by Tsoe

Is anyone having luck getting the correct order of mods put onto their weapons at the respective levels? My level 11 Boltor Prime should have both Split Chamber and Serration on (2 formas and a cata) but it did not get serration until around level 20. I have them correctly placed from top left to bottom right.

As we continue to monitor Dark Sector Conflicts we wanted to make it clear that any balance changes made to the PvP elements of Warframe won’t cross over into PvE mission types.

This makes me extremely happy to hear - thank you!

This new PvP system is hands down the biggest, most one sided, piece of crap I think I have ever played. While I absolutely love the idea and concept of it, the actual balance, or lack there of, leaves this new game type with much less desirability. First off lets start with a bug, one that happens to drop the lobby before you even get into the battle. I'll assume this will be fixed as soon as possible, so I will leave this alone. The one I did get into , however, was totally unfair. It does not matter if the weapon is unranked, or isn't, an OP weapon will be OP, no matter the presence of its current state. Now lets get into the details of my horrible encounter.

1. Weapons - As I have just stated an OP weapon will always be such. I had to go up against at least 2 Pentas, 3 Brakks, one Soma and the rest I could not identify. So how does being one hit by a Brakk make up for the fact that it is a great idea of a game type? It doesn't. Plain and simple people will fins the OPs and take them. They also obviously will set it up so you get the most OP mods first i.e. max serration, heavy cal, etc. Now I understand that is what you have to do to get the most out of it but that doesn't make ti more fun. People will level faster than others therefore getting stronger first and snowballing the rest of the game.

So how can we fix this. The answer is actually a rather easy one (and this will apply to basically everything I will talk about later in this post). Level the weapon playing field. Look at good old Halo. Everyone would start out with a pistol and an assault rifle, and around the map there would be other weapons players can pick up to gain other tradeoffs with the basic weapons they were given. I feel to make the weapons seem more on par with each other we take the Halo idea, give everyone the same weapons, and maybe have some around the map we can interact with and pick up instead. Make these weapons have set damages all around, balance them with each other and then we can throw out the ability to gain immediate advantages over other weapons by having a well placed mod layout. We can also apply the same thing with heavy weapons, by giving them a limited spawn time and not letting players be able to replenish the ammo for them, therefore making it a little more balanced so people don't get to just spam grenades or rockets.

2. Frames and Abilities - This is the difficult part. Individual frames are what make this game great, but there are some frames that can clearly have an advantage over others. Ash. This was the biggest, cheapest tactic I came across in rails. Having the ability to get your Bladestorm first and insta-killing the entire enemy team is downright unfair. I am sure there are others out there that can be applied to this as well but I have not personally run into any others than Bladestorming Ashs.

So how can we fix this? Well to be honest I don't have too many ideas on how to balance different abilities between the frames. One thing I can think of is a Damage cap. Cap high damage abilities at a point where players can still react and get out of danger before they die before they have any idea of what is going on. With a damage cap should come a resistance cap. Set all players in these battles to have the same Health shields and armor levels. This will help to prevent certain players from having a direct advantage when the game is first started, even with all frames being unranked. Again the Halo approach. Each player had the same health same shields and same resistance to various weapons, therefore making the game a fun experience.

3. Attack and Defend - Attackers basically are at a disadvantage right now. With everything I have stated already, it is difficult enough for attackers to get to the objective without losing Lives. Since it is clear that this feels a lot like the Rush game type from Battlefield, I feel that there are some good ideas we can borrow.

3.1. We give the attackers more lives and remove the option for revives. This will not only make it a little easier for the attackers to have a chance to be successful (Like having to destroy the core only to be gunned down over and over until they fail) but it will balance both sides overall so we don't have to risk being killed by a downed enemy as we try to push up on the objective

3.2. Cap the amount of defenses the defending rail can have deployed. I ran into so many specters that it was almost unfair to be against 2-3 of them per person attacking. I don't know if this is a glitch or not but it does overwhelm the attacking force and therefore drains their lives faster.

3.3 Have the last objective be less of a push two buttons and shoot it over and over, and turn it into a timer. It makes more sense from a PvP standpoint to have players focusing on keeping others off an objective, rather than having to worry about that and shooting an object that sits in one place. I feel that attackers should have to push the buttons and then focus on keeping enemies away for a certain amount of time before the core detonates and letting them win. On the flip side when the attackers have, in a sense, primed the core to self destruct, the defenders have to push back and hit the buttons in-sync to stop the timer and thereby forcing the attackers to push the buttons again and restart the countdown.

This is how I feel these battles should work. They should be fun and competitive, and not a frustrating one sided  battle that makes me actually want to do the much less fun and boring mobile defense variant. I know, this is not Halo or Battlefield, but Halo (I'm not saying BF cause that starts a whole new argument XD) back in the days of CE,2 and 3, had a great formula for PvP multiplayer. Keep it simple, keep it balanced, keep it fun,and the people will come in droves to have fun, and experience what makes games great.

Sincerely FREQ1989

P.S. Hopefully people don't flame me too bad for this one but it needed to be stated. Also I left out Reach and 4, because if you thought reach or 4 was fun and balanced, then you are probably one of the Bladestorming Ash players that makes the current state of Dark Sector PvP not fun. Have a good day everyone!

Edit: I know there is a lot of text and it may seem like a rage post, but I truly am trying to give my feedback and what I feel should be done. I love this game, and I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't worried about how the balancing issues would effect overall play.

Edited by FREQ1989

Defenders are currently at a rather ridiculous advantage. 

Really needs to be something along the lines of "Defenders can respawn no more then once every 30 seconds".  As it stands, it's basically graveyard rush for them.

I picked up 2 Rage mods that dropped in a defense of a Rail, then after the match ended could not find this mod... Is looting disabled completely?

I don't have that mod yet so I was really happy to pick it up :(

Same thing happened to me. I found a decisive judgment one round and a berserker mod in another and neither were in my inventory after the missions and both missions were succefuly completed.

ASH won

auto aim shuriken +instant death ulti

Ash shuriken was allready meh in PVE (at least for ppl who love to actually play, aim, and not just clik and watch)

but now this is just ridiculous XD

I dare you to run into my teslas. B****!

( No offense c: )

Edited by HoakinBlackforge

-snip-

DE_Adam you forgot to mention that auras were disabled. I lost more lives to being not being good at conserving energy. 

also if your first power is not in the first slot it doesn't allow you to use it at rank 0 until you get to it in the mod que.

Edited by zoboso

Sounds cool Adam!

To all Newcomer and Veteran Tenno,

For future concerns of questions and suggestions:

1) Training rooms- Conclave and Dark Sector arenas using the current game modes and rules.

*This is for those who dont participate in PVP and can influence them to actually play Dark Sectors

*Gives players preparation to forma gear and change builds before placing successful rails

*Can provide further strategy and tactics

2) Tutorials- Helpful tips or guides:

*Attacking/Defending schematics pertains to those factions only in conflict, can we use the editor outside of conflicts?

*Battlepay/Tax system(Warnings should be in before battlepay and reserve is set)

*Solar Rail Systems and cooldowns(How much health and damage is recieved or taken)

*Specter Armies and Specters in general

3) Specters and Specter armies- Individual and Group diversity:

*Distinct roles like medic, tactic, attacker and defender.

*More in depth customization (cosmetic/mods)

*Within an army have several teirs of specters(Several Vapors with Cosmics)

*Mixed Armies(Vapors will revive or heal, Cosmics will destroy objective) for both defenders/attackers?

4 ) Deployment- Implementing a more 'fair' system and a Dark Sector 'live feed'

*Clans/Alliances should NEVER get a chance placing a rail against an ally

*A feedback system notifying players of Conflicts(Victory/Defeat), Adjustments (Battlepay, Alliance/clan switches, Tax's)

5) Warframe Oracle- Tracks players in clans/alliances, DS taxes(resourses/credits) collected in their vaults and losses as well as victories.

*Will there be a way to see players who are in which clans or alliances?

*Will there be a feature to see Alliance/clan vaults?

Dark Sectors are now enjoyable with this new conflict addition and look forward to more balance and changes in the future. Feedback is always welcome and remember, Ninjas.Play.Free.

Thanks Tenno,

Ryley

So can we talk about the objectives? The attacking objectives are almost impossibly hard, they're easily camped by defenders and even if you kill them they can still deny you the objective by killing you while they're in bleedout. I've also noticed a trend of walling off consoles with the armored turrets, making them impossible to access.

Dark sector used to be a bad joke, something I would make fun of and ignore.

The re-invention of these are very fun and enjoyable, this was a grand change.

Now, waiting for all the bugs and inconsistencies to be fixed. Altogether with proper balances for weapons and frames.

Specially hopping someday loki wont be pure trash in pvp, decoy ain't gonna fool no adversary player (but the hologram look is still needed and functional in pve), invisibility isn't really invisible. From the wiki I saw the only thing actually working for pvp is radial disarm.

I know PVP is a work in progress. I appreciate the staffs efforts for everything they have done so far. With that being said...

The system is clearly borrowed from Battlefields "Rush" mode and is just plain bad when brought over to Warframe. People still run the same old tricks from the same old games that are out now. Team hopping, Frame hopping, Rage Quiting, Link Deaths which lead to Match Mitigations... UGH.

Earning mods from top left to bottom right is a irritating unlock style. Players already water down Frame powers to 1-2 and fill the rest of the spots with the usuals. Leads to 1 dimensional gameplay and builds.

All you need to do is slot the power of your choice into the 1st slot, some power damage in the 2nd and some power/power efficiency in the 3rd and the game is over. It's a simple rat race to who can unlock first and then the 'balance' flies right out the window because you can keep the other team mod locked. Not to mention how is it that a player fresh from the tutorial in Excal with a Mk-1 Braton can jump into a match with geared veterans?

What about the players with a nicely modded/polarized Sniper Rifle that includes Primed Chamber+Charged Chamber? Thats 100% match over.

Dont even get me started on the Ticket Counts. People NEVER revive unless there is some kind of substantial personal reward involved for doing so and even then, its near impossible to tell whos who when a fight is going on. 20 tickets for the Attackers is just way too low for what they have to go up against.

If a Vauban can get his Bastille up first, before you even hack objective A on the outside, your team is finished. Theres not much space to move around, which creates a static bottleneck of where you have to go to avoid it, and if you get caught in it, just sit back and laugh.

Mirages Hall of Mirrors + Ignis hits so hard, that all players need to do is floor slide and hold down the trigger button, its hits right past bleed out for instant death and a ticket loss.

I'm more worried about going against a Trinity more than a Loki Prime because I know its going to be a Link Tank Trin(who can hit you through doors and walls). Run far away if you see one...

Add in bright, flashy, obnoxious power colors and it feels like you just got pwned by a damn rainbow... lol

Theres ton more examples..everyone knows them. Theres no teamwork, theres no synergy. Its a 4vs4 player Wolf Pack style free for all.

PVP needs its own separate mod/stat system thats 100% apart from PVE. Those "Broken" mods we got from the tutorial? Rename those to "Conclave" or "Dark Sector" and keep the stat reductions on them and increase the mod cost, make them earnable in PVP only -that would be a start. Then do the same for the Frame Power mods as well, it all needs to be cut back from our "over the top" flashy PVE system. Add another mod layout button called "Dark Sector" so we can change/rearrange polarities without ruining PVE builds too.

And please, keep them out of the Store and non-tradable -otherwise Warframe will fall into the P2W trap.

I enjoy PVP as much as PVE, but here, its just plain yucky right now. I found myself trying to think of ways to calm/tone down some frame powers but then I realized I would be screwing with peoples(including my own) PVEs builds and thats not fair.

Segregation is a must before you intertwine them too much thats its too late.

I really like the idea of this game mode. But there are some things that really need to be looked into.  For example , the warframe powers. it seems over powered to have any power in your first mod slot. More than likely players will use an efficiency build and have their 4 power placed in the first slot when they get the level for it. This is usually seen by players who use Ash and his blade storm. Easily a press 4 to win situation early in the game. I've seen up to at least 6 matches where either an ash on my team or opposing, using blade storm to spawn camp and this easily ruins the match for everyone. I suggest that all powers should have a level requirement regardless of what slot they're in. 

example :sayrn

lvl 5 venom

lvl 10 molt

lvl 20 contagion

lvl 30 miasma

Another issue i'd like to address, is shooting and blocking at the same time possible?  I've seen so many players do it and it makes no sense if the only way to block is go into melee mode. How are they firing while in the blocking animation?

It is completely optional, what part of that you *@##$y PvE people don't understand?

I'm not bothered by PvP myself (I engage in both PvP and PvE) but when a game type/mission possesses drops that are entirely unique to it (in a game that basically revolves around collecting drops), I can't in good faith consider it truly optional content any more than the rest of the game could be considered such.

Edited by Taranis49