Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

DE_Adam

Other Tips and Tricks:

-Melee is incredibly deadly, and switching to your melee weapon as a primary may give you access to attack speeds or wider ranging swings that can bring down multiple opponents.

-Always be on the move.  Standing still near an objective alone is a good way to get shot by a stray Osprey or Lancer, let alone a player.

-Use teamwork.  There is a lot of temptation to charge headfirst into battle and take the fight straight to the enemy, but waiting for backup and working alongside other Tenno is what’s really going to secure victory.

-Be patient.  If you’re the attacking team keep in mind that there is no time limit on this particular game type.  Slowly making your way up to a node is better than losing multiple tickets in an attempt to rush forward.  Regrouping to stock up on energy from an energy terminal isn’t a bad idea either.

I normally include a reminder on any new or upcoming content that changes can and will be made to mechanics that we are looking to balance.  As we continue to monitor Dark Sector Conflicts we wanted to make it clear that any balance changes made to the PvP elements of Warframe won’t cross over into PvE mission types.

Thank you all for helping us refine these new Dark Sector Conflicts, we hope you enjoy testing your mettle against each other!

LOL really? do you even play dark sector PVP?

just spam blade-storm or hysteria that's all you need for "tips"  seriously you guys had so much potential with this update but you and warframe staff clearly did not think this through.

I -personally- wrote many of the DE's to warn them about abilities in dark sector PVP April 28th ALMOST 3 months ago. 

Is stamina supposed to drain durring the act of blocking even when you are not actually blocking anything?

Yes, but only during a PvP match. It won't be drained in a PvE mission.

Reflection allowed you to win the battle by simply blocking and this stamina drain during block was one of the nerfs implemented to balance it.

Thank you all for helping us refine these new Dark Sector Conflicts

Wasn't the point of Dark Sectors originally to give clans 'footholds' to hold onto, and not to be a PvP focused element? Will future changes give clans non-PvP Dark Sectors be investigated, or is this the singular focus of Dark Sector content from here on out?

And when will we get more in-lore justification for just why Tenno on Tenno combat for credits/materials is an a-okay thing?

Edited by KoshLovesYou

Blade Storm and Shuriken are abilities that need some looking at in PvP. Both of these abilities don't require direct aiming, and they deal high damage. If the initial damage doesn't kill, the bleed proc will.

Wasn't the point of Dark Sectors originally to give clans 'footholds' to hold onto, and not to be a PvP focused element? Will future changes give clans non-PvP Dark Sectors be investigated, or is this the singular focus of Dark Sector content from here on out?

And when will we get more in-lore justification for just why Tenno on Tenno combat for credits/materials is an a-okay thing?

Simply put, the Tenno are 'not' a monolithic force.

Different Warlords have different agendas, and sometimes those agendas conflict.  Some Tenno are opportunistic mercenaries, some hold to a code of honor.  Some Tenno are out for personal gain no matter the cost, some are benevolent.

It really is just that simple.

Edited by Hexagoros

Questions/food for thought:

How is forma not king thusly making the PvP only for veterans? considering a polarised slot is half the mod cost thusly it takes half as long to get online.

Are their dedicated servers for this?  because if someone is hosting they already have a clear advantage over others.

If defenders dont have a limit on deaths, how do you really overcome an infinite army of equal power? (especially when they can otherwise sacrifice themselves to reduce an attackers kills with no reprecussions)

Given this is PvPvE how can you expect it's changes not to bleed into PvE at some point, especially given pve is actually part of dark sectors as well?

Decisive Judgement only drops from specters, does this leave transmutation/trading as the only option to gain it for those not interested in Warframe PvP?  Thus effectivly making PvP mandatory if you want that stance.

Have you really just made the tenno mercenaries fighting for the own cause making them just as 'bad' as the grineer or corpus?

Edited by Loswaith

I am sorry, but this change just further shows how imbalanced this game is for PvP. The game was designed PvP free for a year almost, now you guys are leaning towards it, and it is showing clearly how poor it is. There is a lot of flaws with it.

- You level up per match as you play. Ok, so if I go in to a game mid match, the other Tenno players will be better ranked than I am. This is pretty prominent when I am getting one shot. 
- Regardless of this "level as you go" mentality, certain frames are dominating. Just read the replies, frames at rank 0 have powers that one shot, which makes them level and further increase their power over other players. 

Only good thing I have read, is you are saying PvP won't affect our PvE game. So thank god for that, I could only imagine how atrocious it would be if open PvP came along. 

Sorry, I normally don't anger post, but this is frustrating. Myself, and a fair few of our Alliance, just avoid Dark Sectors like the plague now because of this. No interest in it at all. 

This mode would actually work, and be enjoyable, if it wasn't freeform loadouts, just like it was in conclaves. We need to have a small selection of frames and weapons, each fully modded to their strengths, as the norm for these conflicts. This would allow you to very clearly build your playstyle, and allow proper balancing to be done. If a weapon was deemed to strong or too weak, the mods could be reworked. This would warrant for the removal of the ranking system, as everything would be prebuilt and allow even low level players to participate properly. Freeform loadouts lead to toxic and pointless pvp in a game like this. Please rethink this mode, DE.

THANK YOU! I said this to Scott on Twitter and he immediately shot me down and wouldn't even consider it.

This new PvP system is hands down the biggest, most one sided, piece of crap I think I have ever played. While I absolutely love the idea and concept of it, the actual balance, or lack there of, leaves this new game type with much less desirability. First off lets start with a bug, one that happens to drop the lobby before you even get into the battle. I'll assume this will be fixed as soon as possible, so I will leave this alone. The one I did get into , however, was totally unfair. It does not matter if the weapon is unranked, or isn't, an OP weapon will be OP, no matter the presence of its current state. Now lets get into the details of my horrible encounter.

1. Weapons - As I have just stated an OP weapon will always be such. I had to go up against at least 2 Pentas, 3 Brakks, one Soma and the rest I could not identify. So how does being one hit by a Brakk make up for the fact that it is a great idea of a game type? It doesn't. Plain and simple people will fins the OPs and take them. They also obviously will set it up so you get the most OP mods first i.e. max serration, heavy cal, etc. Now I understand that is what you have to do to get the most out of it but that doesn't make ti more fun. People will level faster than others therefore getting stronger first and snowballing the rest of the game.

So how can we fix this. The answer is actually a rather easy one (and this will apply to basically everything I will talk about later in this post). Level the weapon playing field. Look at good old Halo. Everyone would start out with a pistol and an assault rifle, and around the map there would be other weapons players can pick up to gain other tradeoffs with the basic weapons they were given. I feel to make the weapons seem more on par with each other we take the Halo idea, give everyone the same weapons, and maybe have some around the map we can interact with and pick up instead. Make these weapons have set damages all around, balance them with each other and then we can throw out the ability to gain immediate advantages over other weapons by having a well placed mod layout. We can also apply the same thing with heavy weapons, by giving them a limited spawn time and not letting players be able to replenish the ammo for them, therefore making it a little more balanced so people don't get to just spam grenades or rockets.

2. Frames and Abilities - This is the difficult part. Individual frames are what make this game great, but there are some frames that can clearly have an advantage over others. Ash. This was the biggest, cheapest tactic I came across in rails. Having the ability to get your Bladestorm first and insta-killing the entire enemy team is downright unfair. I am sure there are others out there that can be applied to this as well but I have not personally run into any others than Bladestorming Ashs.

So how can we fix this? Well to be honest I don't have too many ideas on how to balance different abilities between the frames. One thing I can think of is a Damage cap. Cap high damage abilities at a point where players can still react and get out of danger before they die before they have any idea of what is going on. With a damage cap should come a resistance cap. Set all players in these battles to have the same Health shields and armor levels. This will help to prevent certain players from having a direct advantage when the game is first started, even with all frames being unranked. Again the Halo approach. Each player had the same health same shields and same resistance to various weapons, therefore making the game a fun experience.

3. Attack and Defend - Attackers basically are at a disadvantage right now. With everything I have stated already, it is difficult enough for attackers to get to the objective without losing Lives. Since it is clear that this feels a lot like the Rush game type from Battlefield, I feel that there are some good ideas we can borrow.

3.1. We give the attackers more lives and remove the option for revives. This will not only make it a little easier for the attackers to have a chance to be successful (Like having to destroy the core only to be gunned down over and over until they fail) but it will balance both sides overall so we don't have to risk being killed by a downed enemy as we try to push up on the objective

3.2. Cap the amount of defenses the defending rail can have deployed. I ran into so many specters that it was almost unfair to be against 2-3 of them per person attacking. I don't know if this is a glitch or not but it does overwhelm the attacking force and therefore drains their lives faster.

3.3 Have the last objective be less of a push two buttons and shoot it over and over, and turn it into a timer. It makes more sense from a PvP standpoint to have players focusing on keeping others off an objective, rather than having to worry about that and shooting an object that sits in one place. I feel that attackers should have to push the buttons and then focus on keeping enemies away for a certain amount of time before the core detonates and letting them win. On the flip side when the attackers have, in a sense, primed the core to self destruct, the defenders have to push back and hit the buttons in-sync to stop the timer and thereby forcing the attackers to push the buttons again and restart the countdown.

This is how I feel these battles should work. They should be fun and competitive, and not a frustrating one sided  battle that makes me actually want to do the much less fun and boring mobile defense variant. I know, this is not Halo or Battlefield, but Halo (I'm not saying BF cause that starts a whole new argument XD) back in the days of CE,2 and 3, had a great formula for PvP multiplayer. Keep it simple, keep it balanced, keep it fun,and the people will come in droves to have fun, and experience what makes games great.

Sincerely FREQ1989

P.S. Hopefully people don't flame me too bad for this one but it needed to be stated. Also I left out Reach and 4, because if you thought reach or 4 was fun and balanced, then you are probably one of the Bladestorming Ash players that makes the current state of Dark Sector PvP not fun. Have a good day everyone!

Edit: I know there is a lot of text and it may seem like a rage post, but I truly am trying to give my feedback and what I feel should be done. I love this game, and I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't worried about how the balancing issues would effect overall play.

default loadouts are boring. look, as it is right now, each weapon has its pros and cons. the brakk has damage falloff, so you dont go charging in to get shot in the face. copter away and shoot from afar. soma has wind up time, which is actually a burden in fast paced pvp, and it needs a lot of mods to rank up to be good since it's completely crit reliant. even in conclaves the wind up time really is a hassle. for weapons that 1 shot kill, people have already been dealing with that in conclaves and it's still a lot of fun.just need better skill to have better aim and twitch reflexes. yes there are some weapons that are more op that might need some tweaking. like boltor prime and orthos prime to name a few. however boltor is not hitscan, and users will have to lead into the target if they move fast enough. orthos primes range is ridiculous, but it can be outcoptered to escape and dodge more easily. ogris and penta are op sure, and need a fix. but luckily most of those people using them arent very good at it and can be melee'd or shot first with hitscan. i like all the different weapins and it keeps you thinking about what playstyle you have to use to counter the weapons they use. because using the same playstlye no matter what weapon they use will surely get you killed. i kinda like that.

No nerfs

Are you aware a rank 7 ash can bring the final objective from 100% health to 0% with one cast of bladestorm? Completely immune and able to shoot while attacking the core? A rank 1 ash can unlock shuriken and oneshot enemies without even aiming and in some cases not even being able to see their enemies? There are so many broken abilities here. Energy needs to be nerfed into the ground, ability damage needs to be nerfed into the ground, there's no reason for gunplay or tactics because you can press 4 to win just like in PvE.

I could go on and list everything that's needed to fix the game, and it's only a few things, but it won't matter til someone who does balancing at DE stops and listens, you know?

Edited by VegetableBasket

I enjoyed solar rail conflicts before everyone started exploiting them. Now, if the other team has even one of the following while you don't, you lose: Mag (spamming Pull), Ash (spamming undodgeable ult), Valkyr (spamming Hysteria), Vauban (Spamming defense traps), Mirage (5 mirages wielding dual ichors is not even a question of who will win), a poison weapon (kills you if you get a status proc without an armor mod). Also, if you join a mission in progress, you might as well abort the mission. If you join late and the enemy is 5 ranks or more above you, you will have little to no chance of beating them as they kill you over and over again for easy xp. Good luck joining and leaving games until you find one that isn't in progress!

you guys are doing a good job, and looking forward to pvp ability balance 2.0. abilities in pvp havent been touched in over a decade and we need an update dedicated to pvp balance to iron out the most unbalanced no-skill type powers.

shuriken needs its auto aim removed at the very least, bladestorm is just ridiculous, hysteria invulnerability, and vaubans abilities are probably the most urgent ones.

thanks for mentioning that pvp tweaks wont effect pve.

easy fix:

disable all weapon mods, weapon stay at base rank; would make more weapons viable

warframe powers would be reset to their base rank, and any other warframe mods would be limited to ability mods; power duration, power efficiency, etc etc

no redirection, vitality, vigor, and so on

this would limit the effectiveness of abilities without nerfing them to the ground, and would have people rely more on their weapons; of which you'd have more of a choice as the base stats of the weapon would be actual damage dealt

there would still need to be some balancing, but not a huge balance overhaul that it needs currently

I dare you to run into my teslas. B****!

( No offense c: )

oh well tesla too

skills need a serious balance for some of them

or they must had a way to counter skills

So they must Boost The Guard system  and avoid system while beine in mele mode AKA defense mode

(Maybe using a passive chaneling effect, like a Perfect guard during chaneling cost 4% energy at impact)

and Make the melee swap faster , the time i equip my mele i can die 3 times in a row before being in guard

Boosting Warframes defensive abilities would allow to balance PVP without Harming PVE mechanik

ALSO DONT ADD TIME LIMIT IN THAT MODE

Edited by Tsoe

easy fix:

disable all weapon mods, weapon stay at base rank; would make more weapons viable

warframe powers would be reset to their base rank, and any other warframe mods would be limited to ability mods; power duration, power efficiency, etc etc

no redirection, vitality, vigor, and so on

this would limit the effectiveness of abilities without nerfing them to the ground, and would have people rely more on their weapons; of which you'd have more of a choice as the base stats of the weapon would be actual damage dealt

there would still need to be some balancing, but not a huge balance overhaul that it needs currently

+1

Mod making warframe exponentially stronger.

Abilities wise we do need tweaks.

Edited by Hueminator

default loadouts are boring. look, as it is right now, each weapon has its pros and cons. the brakk has damage falloff, so you dont go charging in to get shot in the face. copter away and shoot from afar. soma has wind up time, which is actually a burden in fast paced pvp, and it needs a lot of mods to rank up to be good since it's completely crit reliant. even in conclaves the wind up time really is a hassle. for weapons that 1 shot kill, people have already been dealing with that in conclaves and it's still a lot of fun.just need better skill to have better aim and twitch reflexes. yes there are some weapons that are more op that might need some tweaking. like boltor prime and orthos prime to name a few. however boltor is not hitscan, and users will have to lead into the target if they move fast enough. orthos primes range is ridiculous, but it can be outcoptered to escape and dodge more easily. ogris and penta are op sure, and need a fix. but luckily most of those people using them arent very good at it and can be melee'd or shot first with hitscan. i like all the different weapins and it keeps you thinking about what playstyle you have to use to counter the weapons they use. because using the same playstlye no matter what weapon they use will surely get you killed. i kinda like that.

First off you have PS4 in front of your name, so unless you have a PC alias as well, and have tested this system, you have no room to comment on what I listed out. Second, you say people have been dealing with it in conclaves as if people have actually played in any of them since the first month after the release. It was broken then, and with them applying a concept that doesn't work, leaves it still broken. Telling people to stay away from a Brakk is also completely stupid, seeing as the only way you find out what your opponents are using is when they run up behind your'e while distracted with the endless line of specters on you, and shoot you in the back. Also telling people to "have better skill" is just plain douchey. I have been playing the game for a while, so I know how to move around. Here is the problem, other players can do the same thing and stay on you, regardless of individual skill. New players also will not have this experience, so telling them, to paraphrase your words, "get good" is idiotic, and makes the community look like a bunch of arrogant morons. Lastly how does one change their play style to avoid being one hit by, Bladestorm, Invisible Brakk to the back, being killed by an already downed enemy, and a broken rank up system that clearly wasn't thought completely through? You don't. They need to actually fix things and make it balanced. Sure default loadouts may be boring to you and others, but it would at least make the game more balanced, fair, and fun for those of us who want it, and not some unfair terrible game that is worse than playing CoD. If you don't like my idea, then that is your right, but it doesn't justify what you said with the possibility that you haven't tried it. If you have then good for you, and I am sorry if you fail to see the point that I and many others are making here in this thread.

Edited by FREQ1989

DE_Adam is me in game, same as the forums!  I've been hopping on quite a few different rails, so if you see me don't hesitate to say hi!

...or if you're on the other team be sure to never, ever shoot and/or stab me.  I am severely allergic to all forms of ammunition.

What if I hit you with a hammer or throw Kunai/boomerangs at you?

Blade Storm and Shuriken are abilities that need some looking at in PvP. Both of these abilities don't require direct aiming, and they deal high damage. If the initial damage doesn't kill, the bleed proc will.

how dare you try to weaken the MASTER RACE frame abilities 

First off you have PS4 in front of your name, so unless you have a PC alias as well, and have tested this system, you have no room to comment on what I listed out. Second, you say people have been dealing with it in conclaves as if people have actually played in any of them since the first month after the release. It was broken then, and with them applying a concept that doesn't work, leaves it still broken. Telling people to stay away from a Brakk is also completely stupid, seeing as the only way you find out what your opponents are using is when they run up behind your'e while distracted with the endless line of specters on you, and shoot you in the back. Also telling people to "have better skill" is just plain douchey. I have been playing the game for a while, so I know how to move around. Here is the problem, other players can do the same thing and stay on you, regardless of individual skill. New players also will not have this experience, so telling them, to paraphrase your words, "get good" is idiotic, and makes the community look like a bunch of arrogant morons. Lastly how does one change their play style to avoid being one hit by, Bladestorm, Invisible Brakk to the back, being killed by an already downed enemy, and a broken rank up system that clearly wasn't thought completely through? You don't. They need to actually fix things and make it balanced. Sure default loadouts may be boring to you and others, but it would at least make the game more balanced, fair, and fun for those of us who want it, and not some unfair terrible game that is worse than playing CoD. If you don't like my idea, then that is your right, but it doesn't justify what you said with the possibility that you haven't tried it. If you have then good for you, and I am sorry if you fail to see the point that I and many others are making here in this thread.

i do have a pc account, tyvm. it's only rank6, but high enough to use the best weapons in the game. i was commenting on the weaponry portion, not the ability part, which i agree is terribly unbalanced. you need to take a chill pill.as for the conclaves part, if just using weaponry and non overpowered abilities, you'll find it actually has a steep learning curve that takes skill. and youre wrong that nobody plays in them, as it was quite active pre u14. unless you pick a map other than europa and are in a dead server. id recommend watching any of rexsols vids on youtube to see how skills with those weapons make a difference.

that said, i still dont believe default loadouts are the best answer. what we really need is rebalancing, damage changes, cooldowns, no auto aim abilities, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo