DE_Adam

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

i lol so hard when ppl call soma op under this situation. do you even soma?

soma sucks, boltor prime masterace rifle -- albert einstein

Edited by Alodapos
  • Upvote 1

"Melee is incredibly deadly"

I have to disagree

THe AI mobs are very time consuming to kill and you need to kill a lot to rank up your weapon.

If you log in at phase 2 there's no way you can win , you're too weak to  fight

Simply put, the Tenno are 'not' a monolithic force.

Different Warlords have different agendas, and sometimes those agendas conflict.  Some Tenno are opportunistic mercenaries, some hold to a code of honor.  Some Tenno are out for personal gain no matter the cost, some are benevolent.

It really is just that simple.

and what does that have to do with shuriken???

Right now the ungodly lag really hurts this game mode.

Dedicated servers when.

When you will have a subscription fee to maintain servers.

Or PW-like moneygrab for every sneeze.

Wanna?

Whole game type seems hugely imbalanced in favor of people who happens to get in the game first, it seems that nearly all the missions I've got in has been running for while, and everyone were already max rank, leaving just joined person in severe disadvantage.
Anyone who happen to join on game once it has been running even few minutes, will be farm fodder.

How do the turrets work? Are they destructible? Do they have 360 degree aim?

How do the turrets work? Are they destructible? Do they have 360 degree aim?

I can tell you how they work, you place them on the objectives in the first room so the attackers can't get the objective, then insta-win. -_-

I can tell you how they work, you place them on the objectives in the first room so the attackers can't get the objective, then insta-win. -_-

I figured that, like the dojo, there would be specific areas you can and cannot place -- such as if it's too close to an objective or doorway.

But seriously, are they indestructable?

I figured that, like the dojo, there would be specific areas you can and cannot place -- such as if it's too close to an objective or doorway.

But seriously, are they indestructable?

I think so, well if they aren't they are extremely hard to kill.

I think so, well if they aren't they are extremely hard to kill.

I would like confirmation as well :)

On a side note, how do you guys counter a Valkyr or Ash without exiting the match?

On a side note, how do you guys counter a Valkyr or Ash without exiting the match?

Ash you counter with Valkyr's Hysteria and Valkyr you counter with kiting. Ash needs Shurakin and Bladestorm nerfed and Valkyr needs Hysteria nerfed, but I would rather have Ash nerfed first since he is the the biggest problem. Example: 

Edited by Rakshal
  • Upvote 1

You guys still don't understand balance which is why PvP was a mistake for this game. They're no 'tips and tricks' here. It's just whoever has the strongest x6 forma maxed out damage/elemental mods.

If you wanted balance, then you should've turned off level advantage, that way everyone uses the default stats of their weapons and frames, then it would go from who has the best weapon/mod, to the best skill.

That's just my 2 cents though PvP is still a joke in this game.

Ash is a beast in PvP.

They can balance it and need to, not letting us who waste 100hrs forma'ing our frames and gear though is a lazy way of doing it. Adjust the way powers work definately would be a better decision.

Whole game type seems hugely imbalanced in favor of people who happens to get in the game first, it seems that nearly all the missions I've got in has been running for while, and everyone were already max rank, leaving just joined person in severe disadvantage.

Anyone who happen to join on game once it has been running even few minutes, will be farm fodder.

This is by far one of the biggest issues with the new dark sectors mode.  It seriously sucks if you don't get it at the start.

Can we have a solo mode where the other 7 are bots or other 6 are bots if we duo with a friend? It sucks the lack of new solo friendly high end content. I like how in marvel heroes solo players actually get rewarded the big items for soloing hard stuff that is otherwise easy for multiple people. This game needs that. Right now several higher survival/defense are just impossible for me personally. The content that is playable shrinks. I'd love to see some new actually useful stuff for solo players or toe person teams. Rip off dcuos duo mode or something.

Speaking of dcuo, why not make this pvp stuff like dcuos legends? In that you don't play your hero/villain with all their gear, you play per made heroes and it's all fairly balanced out. Real skill is involved then not who plays more or has better stuff. The way thus is now is too complex and silly, plus no ai opponents so I can just solo. But wait soe is more charitable yet....they let you play the same characters so your favorite isn't taken.

• Upvote 1

Just tough—I killed one earlier today.

I feel that DS conflict might need some major changes (DS conflict 1.5?)

1)  Matches have timer (20min max).  Attacker win by destroyed the core before timer run out and lose by run out of reinforcement.  (Might as well boost up the max # of reinforcement allowed)

2)  All frame start with #1 ability and every 5min they unlock the next power, even if the player join late.  This way those frames with good # 1 or #2 abilities would fair well early match and those frames with good #3 or #4 would do well late match.

3)  All mod removed from players

4)  Players Warframe still gain xp and level up but only their base health, shield and power increase.  You still have some advantage over late joined players but not that much.

I feel these should make the PvP a bit more balance without having to touch some abilities.  (Although some DO need to be tweak)

Edited by Hueminator

Are you aware a rank 7 ash can bring the final objective from 100% health to 0% with one cast of bladestorm? Completely immune and able to shoot while attacking the core? A rank 1 ash can unlock shuriken and oneshot enemies without even aiming and in some cases not even being able to see their enemies? There are so many broken abilities here. Energy needs to be nerfed into the ground, ability damage needs to be nerfed into the ground, there's no reason for gunplay or tactics because you can press 4 to win just like in PvE.

I could go on and list everything that's needed to fix the game, and it's only a few things, but it won't matter til someone who does balancing at DE stops and listens, you know?

That was the whole point of his post.

He doesn't want balance.

Most people who play PvP don't want balance.  They want to find the best class/weapons/frame/etc, play that, and be able to brag about 'skill'.

Whenever there is class-based PvP, skill goes out the window.

Mods unlock from the top left to right, only moving on to the second row once everything from the top has been unlocked first.  For example, if you equip a Rank 5 mod followed by a Rank 6 mod both mods will be unlocked once your Warframe/Weapon reaches Rank 11.  

why do i keep getting the feeling that i am forbidden to unleash my powers upon others... asif getting the energy for my skills isnt enough already, should be like the jungle , be strong or get eaten but offcourse thats my opinion.

its like you get strong for nothing you know, like your full powers are limited, i want to be able to use everything i achieved so far and test it against someone else who got far for a good battle, else whats the point in achievements like getting powerfull if your full potential gets locked up like that match prolly be over before i reach my full potential 0.0, lets see 20 kills = nope not rank 30, unless killing a player gives u tons and tons of exp i dont see that happening. and its a shame i cannot just skip it and ignore it because its not good yet, cuz i DO have a vote in sectors and i like to express my vote by helping one side or the other... guess il have to pray for those on the frontlines to win cuz il prolly be skipping this as it is.

dont mean to offend DE or anything im just giving my thoughts on this system ( i DO like the fact u finnaly put players against players thats hell of an upgrade wich made me smile, so its not 100% negativity i know u guys can do awesome things else i wouldnt even mind posting here but plz reconsider some stuff, not everyone seeks balance some people seek raw power shame if i cant use it :( )

-snip-

-Melee is incredibly deadly, and switching to your melee weapon as a primary may give you access to attack speeds or wider ranging swings that can bring down multiple opponents.

-Always be on the move.  Standing still near an objective alone is a good way to get shot by a stray Osprey or Lancer, let alone a player.

-Use teamwork.  There is a lot of temptation to charge headfirst into battle and take the fight straight to the enemy, but waiting for backup and working alongside other Tenno is what’s really going to secure victory.

-Be patient.  If you’re the attacking team keep in mind that there is no time limit on this particular game type.  Slowly making your way up to a node is better than losing multiple tickets in an attempt to rush forward.  Regrouping to stock up on energy from an energy terminal isn’t a bad idea either.

And if all else fails, use this strategy (watch attached youtube vid on TheErebus's post), fairly sure-fire way to win:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/280407-pvp-worst-thing-i-have-ever-seen/

Are you aware a rank 7 ash can bring the final objective from 100% health to 0% with one cast of bladestorm? Completely immune and able to shoot while attacking the core? A rank 1 ash can unlock shuriken and oneshot enemies without even aiming and in some cases not even being able to see their enemies? There are so many broken abilities here. Energy needs to be nerfed into the ground, ability damage needs to be nerfed into the ground, there's no reason for gunplay or tactics because you can press 4 to win just like in PvE.

I could go on and list everything that's needed to fix the game, and it's only a few things, but it won't matter til someone who does balancing at DE stops and listens, you know?

why nerf? fo real i can understand that weapon/frame A is 10x better then weapon/frame B but that just means weapon/frame B needs an upgrade , not cripple weapon/frame A.. ( nerfs are bad mmkay ) you might seek balance but other people just try to be OP and enjoy slaughtering everything in their sights. and i do agree with you if your point in nerfing is to make other equipment equally worthy in bringing , but like i just wrote above , means stuff needs upgrades , same story as the increase of mobs hp/level/whatever , just give them more tactics and force players to think their way out, but not like need more bullets to kill.

ooyeah to respond on that nerf energy into the ground , i wanna reply with "hey why not just remove the whole thing, if its gon be over-restricted anyway". 

no nerfs. and i think all ash users agree with me if i say dont u dare touch ash he is fine as he is.

didnt read all post.

But all i know is.

If DE want balance, the PVP conflict should be based on Time limit and not spawn tickets.

I have no problem with adding pvp to the game, let the bloodhungry pvp-ers have their fun - but weren't there mods to be said to drop from dark sector conflicts/specters? If that's so and a full time pvp will kick in on those areas... well, forcing pvp in a pve game will spell doom so I doubt DE will make such a foolish mistake.

As for the balance problems - the whole game is a mess balance wise. If the weapon/ability part was balanced, there would be no need to further rules in PvP to make it work.

First: Get rid of enemies with mountains of health. Of course you can't set things right for pvp if players have to deal thousands times more damage than their own health pool...

Second: Redesign/revise/change abilities, at least on a stat level so they no longer function as "press-4-4-armageddon". Also we have an abundance of energy, which makes the 2 of them heavily weigh on missiondesign as DE takes them into consideration... so when an enemy which uses the energy leech/disruptor prefix (which might be the worst possible thing in the whole game by the way messing up our fun... make it challenging, like hits that take 1% of energy or hits that scramble the ui/disable casting for x seconds without touching our energy but don't outright take our stuff - if you can't defend against it, then it's no challenge, it's outright annoyance) the lack of power/balance in weaponry comes down crashing. You shouldn't force everyone to walk around with penta slash ogris.

Overall the game needs to tear itself from the commonly used and most easy way of scaling difficulty - skyrocketing enemy health.

If that is solved, pvp won't be so unfair/lacking etc. either.

IMBO of course - if you enjoy the current version, don't let me spoil your fun, everyone is free to be a masochist.

And there's the silver bullet to put down PvP hate threads.

Thanks DE, looking forward to giving the new rail conflicts a go once my desktop is back up and running.

acctually the hate threads main focus is that it causes a toxic violntly aggressive enviroment.

But on to the main topic. This is good, but I am still wondering about the balancing on weapons, and warframes. I just have this bad feeling there is a loadout that will come out as perfect instead of forcing the players to work togther with different abilites they will all become one thing and do that over, and over as an impossible defense. Which in some games they have that impossible defense that breaks the game.