Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

DE_Adam

The main thing is, winning a DS conflict should not provide a clan/alliance with resources that can be used to win later DS conflicts. IOW, get rid of taxes completely.

Instead, maybe give winners control over what resources drop. For instance, instead of a tax that goes to the clan, the tax is used to "buy" increases in drop rate for various resources for everyone who runs that node. So by imposing a 30% tax on credit, a clan can increase neural sensor drop chance from 0% to 1%. By imposing a 20% resource tax, a clan could increase credit drops by 30%. And the taxes wouldn't go to the clan, they'd basically just disappear from the economy.

So the battle wouldn't be over which clan gets to reap the rewards, it would be over which clan is the best steward of their fellow Tenno.

Edited by motorfirebox

The main thing is, winning a DS conflict should not provide a clan/alliance with resources that can be used to win later DS conflicts. IOW, get rid of taxes completely.

Instead, maybe give winners control over what resources drop. For instance, instead of a tax that goes to the clan, the tax is used to "buy" increases in drop rate for various resources for everyone who runs that node. So by imposing a 30% tax on credit, a clan can increase neural sensor drop chance from 0% to 1%. By imposing a 20% resource tax, a clan could increase credit drops by 30%. And the taxes wouldn't go to the clan, they'd basically just disappear from the economy.

So the battle wouldn't be over which clan gets to reap the rewards, it would be over which clan is the best steward of their fellow Tenno.

It isn't about who has the most resources or credits that wins. Hell, you need minimal resources to begin with to take a rail, nor do you need credits. All this does is punish the people who worked and fought to put their banner on the rail. Maybe we can make it so that there is a tax cap. Maybe even no tax at all on the players. In my mind it would work that the player would still get the full reward but the alliance that owns the node would get a percentage of the credit reward. So on Coba, for instance, the player would get his 14k and the alliance will get 2k.

I only hope that when rails come back the alliances that fight and gain their rails can make profit out of them. The idea of free rails is an Alliance killer for the most part. In order for clans/alliances to grow and expand they need resources, and last time I checked not every individual player donates or contributes resources in a dojo. If an Alliance fought hard for a rail and took it, why shouldn't they be the ones to have the right to establish a tax for players farming on them? How would any of you newbie or experienced players feel if you worked so hard for something only to not get anything in return? In conclusion, DE, please bring back rails as soon as you can, in the most familiar way possible, without killing it for the community but making it as righteous as possible, Thank you for reading.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             -Armoredtank90-

It isn't about who has the most resources or credits that wins. Hell, you need minimal resources to begin with to take a rail, nor do you need credits. All this does is punish the people who worked and fought to put their banner on the rail. Maybe we can make it so that there is a tax cap. Maybe even no tax at all on the players. In my mind it would work that the player would still get the full reward but the alliance that owns the node would get a percentage of the credit reward. So on Coba, for instance, the player would get his 14k and the alliance will get 2k.

It was, 99% of the time, about who had the most credits to put up for battlepay. Winning the conflict meant getting taxes, meaning you had more resources to put up for battlepay the next time someone challenged your control of the rail. There's a reason control of the rails very quickly boiled down to a small handful of clans and alliances: because winning one conflict made you better able to win the next one. 

It was, 99% of the time, about who had the most credits to put up for battlepay. Winning the conflict meant getting taxes, meaning you had more resources to put up for battlepay the next time someone challenged your control of the rail. There's a reason control of the rails very quickly boiled down to a small handful of clans and alliances: because winning one conflict made you better able to win the next one.

Not necessarily, Arbiters Rage fought a month long conflict where they continually lost and reconquered the same rail 10-15 times. Each time we came back and retook it. We've lost many many times on coba. But we still control the nodes because we never faulted in our dedication. I'm tired of cry babies complaining about taxes. If you don't like them, fight on that node and change them to where you want them to be.

Not necessarily, Arbiters Rage fought a month long conflict where they continually lost and reconquered the same rail 10-15 times. Each time we came back and retook it. We've lost many many times on coba. But we still control the nodes because we never faulted in our dedication. I'm tired of cry babies complaining about taxes. If you don't like them, fight on that node and change them to where you want them to be.

*shrug* Well, I'm tired of selfish jagoffs using a broken system to enrich themselves at everyone else's expense. I suppose we've both got something to complain about.

I don't care how they bring it back. Just bring it back. It was one of the more unique elements of Warframe that drew me to this game. When I was googling stuff about this game before I even played it, the DS wars was one of the things that I found that made me go, oh this game will be interesting. And now it's gone. So whatever, whenever, however you need to do it, just do it and bring it back.

If it's PVE, we're ready, if it's PVP, we're ready, if it's PVEFGHIJKLMNOP we're ready.

Ditto!

images%206_1.jpg

No, 99% of the time no one took our rails because they a) gave up after the first try or b) were not smart enough to organize themselves properly. Instead after each successfull defense, we read a story about some crybaby on the forums.  e.g. i increased the taxes to 100% did anyone take action and attacked? no, but topics were written about it on the forums, reddit and ingame chat.

That s my opinion why opponents failed to take over ICE rails.( i can only talk for ice)

What are you on about?  No single clan/alliance can hold a rail on their own.  It was always the bounties that kept things going, especially on high credit reward dark sectors like sechura.  Especially before they switched to PvP.  And if there is a PvE option it'll be literally impossible for alliances to do it on their own if the rewards are good enough.  It was only even remotely ever possible when most people stopped caring about dark sectors, which in turn killed any reason for DE to keep on supporting the system in the state it was in.

Edited by Aggh

What are you on about?  No single clan/alliance can hold a rail on their own.  It was always the bounties that kept things going, especially on high credit reward dark sectors like sechura.  Especially before they switched to PvP.  And if there is a PvE option it'll be literally impossible for alliances to do it on their own if the rewards are good enough.  It was only even remotely ever possible when most people stopped caring about dark sectors, which in turn killed any reason for DE to keep on supporting the system in the state it was in.

No single alliance can hold a rail on their own ? U WOT M8 ? Have you even played Dark Sector Conflicts ? Have you even been in high position in an alliance that focuses on solar rails ? It may be impossible for some small random ghost clan or a unorganized alliance to hold a rail against an attack. But when you have Large , organized , determined alliances that defend their rails it becomes much easier. You PC guys must've had a vastly different version of rails than from what I played.

lol tell that to someone i will not mention on ps4.

There are apparently a lot of reasons to fight for a node other than taxes and resources , such as doing it to make sure people dont put high taxes.  I agree with what is said about ,if you win the node then it is your choice , you might as well because someone will attack you soon enough. 

Everyones got their hands on the clutch ready to put this thing in gear more and more on every console people new and old are preparing I do feel like this is coming back very F'n soon cuz DE has never not given us what we really want.  Again they have to make sure its not broken so that the Wars can keep going with Armistice.

No single alliance can hold a rail on their own ? U WOT M8 ? Have you even played Dark Sector Conflicts ? Have you even been in high position in an alliance that focuses on solar rails ? It may be impossible for some small random ghost clan or a unorganized alliance to hold a rail against an attack. But when you have Large , organized , determined alliances that defend their rails it becomes much easier. You PC guys must've had a vastly different version of rails than from what I played.

Get real please.  Are you really so dumb as to think that in a game with millions of players that it's a single alliance that is winning or losing a rail?  Alliances wouldn't have had to rely on bait and switch tactics on bounties if that were the case.  It wasn't until most of the player base lost interest in the system that alliances could really hold a rail on their own.  Some of the most successful alliances in the game got stomped out of nodes just for raising taxes when people actually cared.

Edited by Aggh

Get real please.  Are you really so dumb as to think that in a game with millions of players that it's a single alliance that is winning or losing a rail?  Alliances wouldn't have had to rely on bait and switch tactics on bounties if that were the case.  It wasn't until most of the player base lost interest in the system that alliances could really hold a rail on their own.  Some of the most successful alliances in the game got stomped out of nodes just for raising taxes when people actually cared.

>Ice has 99% taxes wahh wahh wah, We are helpless

>Successful alliances getting stomped by the community

Pick one.

All this talk of high tax alliances, while on PS4 an alliance called seven sins went 50 wins, 0 losses at 0% tax

Proviing rails can be held at 0% tax 

Rails are more about Relationships than Taxes - 

images%208_2.jpg

(Side Personal Note)

Before draco and all this Rep Farm crap - I used to do all my Leveling on ODD and Sechura and do all my Credit farming with my Void Capture keys.    So I'm really not sure why anyone really cares about how much tax is on a level that is not really a Credit farm anyways (Yes I know some people still use the DS for Credit farming)   

Just sayin.

>Ice has 99% taxes wahh wahh wah, We are helpless

>Successful alliances getting stomped by the community

Pick one.

Eclipse.  They got stomped out sechura multiple times before people stopped caring.  Once we started getting more regular credit bonus/resource etc. etc. bonus weeks (not to mention raids for grinding credits) and more and more items to grind plat off of people stopped caring about dark sectors.  Pretend all you like that what you did really mattered.  You were playing a system that most of the player base could not be bothered to care about.

Edited by Aggh

Eclipse.  They got stomped out sechura multiple times before people stopped caring.  Once we started getting more regular credit bonus/resource etc. etc. bonus weeks (not to mention raids for grinding credits) and more and more items to grind plat off of people stopped caring about dark sectors.  Pretend all you like that what you did really mattered.  You were playing a system that most of the player base could not be bothered to care about.

both topics are worth reading.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/310445-dark-sectors-the-purpose-the-politics-the-pvp-part-i-the-purpose/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/310656-dark-sectors-the-purpose-the-politics-the-pvp-part-3-the-pvp-now-with-60-less-eye-bleed/

there are several reasons why the system failed. BUT "evil alliances" like Eclipse, ICE, etc. were the pacemaker of the Darksectors which kept the system(barely)running.

pretty much the only reason to fight for was against taxes set by eclipse due to the impact of taxes on a players reward.

When I walked out after 12 hours in a rail conflict, I sometimes had over 10 million credits. This is the easiest credit farm in the game. AND its FREE. You dont have to build a key to fight in a rail. You dont need some MLG 720 Disarm Nova Prisma Deluxe Loki to fight on a rail. Anyone can do it. Maybe your Clan/Alliance wasnt prepared to even compare to the sizeable battlepay any of the other alliances put up.

I've been on the winning side a few times, I just don't recall getting anything but a few credits.

You have to get into a Rail fights literally the second the Battle Pay is updated and the bank is full.   You can always count on Region Chat getting spammed with the $$$ amounts as soon as the BP is up so the community is fast to get that cash.  

Once the reserve is empty (which can happen when your in a match) then $$$credits won't be distributed until the Warlords offer up more Bounty.    

I've been in rail fights with reserves when I started but by the time the match is over the reserve was empty and we got nothing.   I've also been in fights that got between 250K -  500K a match.  

I've also fought for and defended Plenty of times with no reward at all -

Yes some of us play this game for FUN and not for greed .........  Wait for it......  (sometimes) .....

money-gifs-family-guy.gif