Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Breed Distribution [Poll]

RespectTheInternet

Question

Now I know that the type of Kubrow you get is RNG, but I'm curious if it's a straight 25% per or if it's skewed towards certain Kubrows.

The easiest way to find out is if everyone with a Kubrow just posts what Kubrow they got, then we tally up the results.

http://strawpoll.me/2179199

Please also post it just so the topic is bumped.

I got a Huras

edit: In case you bred more than one Kubrow breed, multiple choice is enabled.

I didn't actually give a way to vote for a kubrow multiple times, and I'm terribly sorry I didn't think of it earlier. You can just post that fact below, since I don't know how to make it work on the poll.

Edited by RespectTheInternet

Out of my 4 kubrows I have 2 Huras so i'd say Huras. On the other hand, in game trade chat makes me think Sahasa is the most common followed by or on par with Sunika. Raksa seems the rarest to me so far.

After several hours of furious voting, followed by a steady trickle and draining off into the helping players section, the results of the thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/271661-kubrow-breed-distribution-poll/

are in! A team of highly trained dolphins calculated the results from the poll and thread posts with two calculators, several coconuts, and an abacus (don't ask) to present you with these results:

Sunika - 97 (29%)

Huras - 83 (25%)

Raksa - 83 (25%)

Sahasa - 70 (21%)

So what does it mean?

Math is a highly unstable and dangerous subject, and should only be handled by trained professionals. To summarize, 

Sunika are the most common, and Sahasa are the most rare. Huras and Raksa are surprisingly even.

If you obtain 5 Huras in a row, it's not because DE has it out for you or your ship is haunted, but your luck is just that Bad!

A big thanks to the 314 people who participated!

Any questions?

Oddly quite even.

That's not odd at all, really. If you think about it, DE knows that within a playerbase of a game, there is going to be a large variety of playstyles. Therefore, to make it less likely to get one type and more likely for another would be silly, as instead of being Best/Better/Good/Bad it's A/B/C/D.

Well... if you wanted to make a better guess on breed percentages you would need to perform this survey several times with different random survey groups. With your numbers alone though you can guess that the true percentages are actually 1/4 for each breed. Gotta allow for some skew because you've only run one survey. (running another one again probably won't help if you get the same people).

That being said, most people who go to forums are here to either A] complain or B] praise. Your base therefore is already biased to extremes, with very little middle ground. (i.e. most people on the forums at the present will be posting about their string of bad luck in getting repetitive breeds OR posting about how they got 4 breeds in 4 tries; everyone who got what they wanted in a timely manner will be complacent and not go to the forums). So just being so close to even 25% per breed is an indication that they really are equal chances of getting each breed.

P.S. statistics is fake and prove nothing but show trends :(