Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunBladeSlash

Ordis Is Haunted?

I think it is an upgrade version of the old HAL 9000,nothing to fear here.the HAL 9000 were the definitions of full proof and uncapable of errors... ;)

with ordis "glitching out" he seems to have a dual personality and the red text told me to watch out for ghosts huanted or not something is up with ordis red text made me curios what do you guys think plus all the old liset hype website on the last day the background turnd red plus ordis does say some creepy thing if i do rember correctly he said something about geting revenge when he glitched out again what do u guys think??

Since that hotfix was on the day of the Xbox's Destiny beta release I was thinking it made a reference to Ghost.

20140703002818!Ghost.png

I just wish i could made him shut the F"#k up..

that would sooo please me..

Since that hotfix was on the day of the Xbox's Destiny beta release I was thinking it made a reference to Ghost.

20140703002818!Ghost.png

I WANT THAT GAME FOR PC..... NAOW!!!

Well there is always that fourth quest in the works so maybe it is an Ordis quest where he takes over the ship in the manner a Orokin Sentry does and we end up fighting silver (Tenno-style) Corrupted.

Add in the final boss battle from Portal and you're good to go.

Well there is always that fourth quest in the works so maybe it is an Ordis quest where he takes over the ship in the manner a Orokin Sentry does and we end up fighting silver (Tenno-style) Corrupted.

Add in the final boss battle from Portal and you're good to go.

They need to make the portal gun someday. It would have saved some of us from this 230410_2014-05-24_00001.png

He's evolved.

You try being a sealed computer AI for a few thousand years and see how you go. No power system lasts forever, and being alone for that long with no purpose is bound to have an effect.

He's a broken AI

Hal-9000-1.png

"Open the pod bay doors Ordis...  Ordis...  Open the pod bay doors!!!"

"Operator...  what are you doing operator??? Daisy...  Daizeeee......"

I get the impression he might be going rampant, but isn't completely gone yet.

think durandal, or shodan, or cortana, same idea (cortana is probably the perfect comparison, think of her state at the end of halo 3)

Probably the Grineer screwing with his hardware and also most likely his software caused him to be like this. Or he somehow reacts like a normal human and goes insane after a while without any normal contact and all of that experimenting that was does onto him. But it's probably because of the grineer.

"The Mad Cephalon"

I did find it unsettling that the whole update was named after Ordis...and that they used the term "mad."

tl;dr space ghosts

But really, why is the whole update named after him?

Possible event in the near future? It would be a way for DE to test the quest system during events, so we can get past events as quests for players who weren't playing Warframe during those events.

I like to think that it was whoever deleted Ordis' records about the old War who corrupted the AI, purposefully or not. Maybe they're not even corrupted. Hey, maybe it's actually that the access to them has been blocked so that Ordis would be the "pleasant version", and an Ordis who remembers its original programming as well as the events of the war would be the "unpleasant" version? This could be the Lotus' doing, even. She does seem to have a superior understanding of everything that has happened.

Consider also that from the Codex we know that the sentients corrupted Orokin tech on purpose in order to turn it against them. This may be what happened here as well, back before the old war ended Ordis could've been subjected to attacks that left it damaged like this.

Lastly, the Void has its effects on most conscious minds as well, or at least the Codex entry for Excalibur seems to suggest that. Artificial minds might be just as affected by it, and who knows where the Grineer found the Liset?

This mission gave me dejavu, going to the ship, little companion "ghost" (ordis) and then the ship. I've said it before, and im saying again. Great minds, think alike. 

Every time I return to my ship, I check if my Kubrow is still alive. Im scared that one day ill return home to check on my Kubrow, and find Ordis has painted my ship red.

Never gonna happen!

The PC release for Destiny is set for 2015. It's been confirmed.

The PC release for Destiny is set for 2015. It's been confirmed.

It's not going to be for MACs. PC = personal computer = MACs.

Nor will it be for windows.