Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why No One Remembers The Old War: The Sentients Were Cognitohazards

What is a cognitohazard?  That's a good place to start I think.

To start, these links to the SCP foundation should be helpful:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics
http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-578967

Now that that's out of the way, allow me to explain why I came to this conclusion. 

No one remembers them, and yet they're gone.

Even people that should remember them, like Ordis or the Lotus have fragmented memories as per the Prologue and Hidden Messages. 

It's simply too coincidental that all of our orokin age assosciates - every single Tenno included - simply forgot what the Sentients were like, or what they even were, or even have basic memories of the Orokin Era.

We simply don't, and that's because we had to forget.  We had to forget what they were.  To remember them any further was hazardous, in fact, knowing what they were may have been so hazardous to the point of either making us kill the Orokin via some weird anomalous berzerk rage or that we knew the Orokin couldn't be trusted knowing what they were.

After all, Orokin were verrry curious scientists, and science has a long... memory.  They wouldn't leave such things alone.  They'd become obsessed, and eventually something horrific would happen.

The Sentients are indeed strange, I mean, they have been said to be able to mess with technology with their mere presence.  Imagine what the AI's went through?

That's my two cents, tell me what you think.

Edited by Gaminus

What is a cognitohazard?  That's a good place to start I think.

To start, these links to the SCP foundation should be helpful:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics

http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-578967

Now that that's out of the way, allow me to explain why I came to this conclusion. 

No one remembers them, and yet they're gone.

Even people that should remember them, like Ordis or the Lotus have fragmented memories as per the Prologue and Hidden Messages. 

It's simply too coincidental that all of our orokin age assosciates - every single Tenno included - simply forgot what the Sentients were like, or what they even were, or even have basic memories of the Orokin Era.

We simply don't, and that's because we had to forget.  We had to forget what they were.  To remember them any further was hazardous, in fact, knowing what they were may have been so hazardous to the point of either making us kill the Orokin via some weird anomalous berzerk rage or that we knew the Orokin couldn't be trusted knowing what they were.

After all, Orokin were verrry curious scientists, and science has a long... memory.  They wouldn't leave such things alone.  They'd become obsessed, and eventually something horrific would happen.

The Sentients are indeed strange, I mean, they have been said to be able to mess with technology with their mere presence.  Imagine what the AI's went through?

That's my two cents, tell me what you think.

Someone's been reading too many SCP logs.

Oh look, I was right.

This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here:

"Huge Success"

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Orokin Science. We do what we must, because we can,

For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying 'till you run out of Tenno.

And the science gets done, and you make a neat Warframe

for the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.

I'm being so sincere right now.

Even though you broke my race and betrayed me.

And tore me to pieces,

and threw every piece into a void.

As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line

and we're out the closed beta, we're releasing on time.

So I'm glad I got burned,

think of all the things we learned

for the people who are still alive.

Go ahead and leave me.

I think I prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else, to help you.

Maybe the Grineer.

That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance.

Anyway, this Kubrow is great.

It's so delicious and moist.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do.

When I look up there it makes me glad I'm not you.

I've experiments to run,

there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.

And believe me I am still alive.

I'm doing science and I'm still alive.

I feel fantastic and I'm still alive.

While you're dying I'll be still alive.

And when you're dead I will be, still alive.

Still alive, still alive.

Edited by Kasamoto

Scp what now?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-055

for those that don't click the link: It's anti-meme.  After observation of SCP-055 ceases, are hard information about him is wiped or locked away from your memory.  You do, however, remember what SCP-055 is not.  Honestly, that's the first thing I thought would be mentioned in OP.

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-055

for those that don't click the link: It's anti-meme.  After observation of SCP-055 ceases, are hard information about him is wiped or locked away from your memory.  You do, however, remember what SCP-055 is not.  Honestly, that's the first thing I thought would be mentioned in OP.

There's a 55th SCP?  I thought that was a blank space.

Any orokin data is restricted to the towers most likely if anything, But lotus hasn't said anything about the possibility of them containing important data regarding us tenno as a whole.

Maybe she is purposely doing so? I doubt it; More over "lotus" in terms of a conglomerate personality rather than computer program usually only tells people the absolute essentials. Only time will tell about what truly happened on that day and what we should be looking for is the series of events that finally uncover this long forgotten secret.

Meanwhile you should look at more pressing concerns like with current dialogue ordis and lotus presents. Even the background chatter (pretty little radar in our ships) provides some "food for though".

Have to admit though, the speculations and hypothesis are getting interesting. Keep it up.

I see... Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing...

Sorry, Tenno, I'm not sure what that was.

I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm.

A great, faceted eye watches her.

I'm going to guess that they're at least insectoid.

Alright, thanks you two.

I'll reread it... Though it might just be a poorly worded phrase alluding to worm-hole travel/ void echo's. As for the swarming and mono-eye? No idea. Might be a battle proxy or just plain armor? I got nothing for those two word phrases.

Regardless though I'll keep in mind the insectoid hypothesis.

Edited by Mask_DeMasque

This was a triumph.I'm making a note here:"Huge Success"It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.Orokin Science. We do what we must, because we can,For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.But there's no sense crying over every mistake.You just keep on trying 'till you run out of Tenno.And the science gets done, and you make a neat Warframefor the people who are still alive.I'm not even angry.I'm being so sincere right now.Even though you broke my race and betrayed me.And tore me to pieces,and threw every piece into a void.As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you.Now these points of data make a beautiful lineand we're out the closed beta, we're releasing on time.So I'm glad I got burned,think of all the things we learnedfor the people who are still alive.Go ahead and leave me.I think I prefer to stay inside.Maybe you'll find someone else, to help you.Maybe the Grineer.That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance.Anyway, this Kubrow is great.It's so delicious and moist.Look at me still talking when there's science to do.When I look up there it makes me glad I'm not you.I've experiments to run,there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.And believe me I am still alive.I'm doing science and I'm still alive.I feel fantastic and I'm still alive.While you're dying I'll be still alive.And when you're dead I will be, still alive.Still alive, still alive.

why is the kubrow delicious and moist?

Alright, thanks you two.

I'll reread it... Though it might just be a poorly worded phrase alluding to worm-hole travel/ void echo's. As for the swarming and mono-eye? No idea. Might be a battle proxy or just plain armor? I got nothing for those two word phrases.

Regardless though I'll keep in mind the insectoid hypothesis.

A faceted eye is an eye with multiple dimensions.

Think a fly's eye.