Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Small Things For Kubrows In The Field

Darkshifter98

Kubrows, the fluffy little guys that aim to compete with sentinels, with mixed results so far. While one per cell is fairly easy to keep track of, two or more is usually where things get a little chaotic. You don't quite have this problem with sentinels because, no matter what, they're always floating over your shoulder, while with Kubrows, they lag behind, and get tangled with each other in combat. So, I came up with two things that could help, slightly.

1) Kubrows marked on the mini map (perhaps their own icon?) - This has been suggested before, but having friendly Kubrows show up on the map could help with locating them more easily, espessially when they go down. In order to distinguish your Kubrow from the rest of the possibly other three Kubrows in your cell, the Kubrow you own could perhaps be plain blue on the mini-map, while the other players Kubrows show up as, say, green.

2) Kubrow following distance - This may be more or less due to latency, but Kubrows tend to lag behind a bit (atleast in my experiences). So perhaps a mod or two could be made, similar to the bounce mods made for Glaive-type weapons, one mod would make your Kubrow stick closer to you out of combat, while another would distance your Kubrow from you out of combat, fusing either mod would increase how much closer or farther away they would be, respectivly. However, during combat they resume their normal combat behaviors, I.e attempting to kill enemies around the player like they usually do. Think companions in Fallout 3/New Vegas. 

I was thinking the same thing. After running with my Kubrow and watching her claw and dash through enemies, I couldn't help but notice I lost track of her a few times amidst the chaos. Sure they come back after a while but when there are 8+ enemies on the screen things get hectic. Some sort of icon identifying yours specifically to you (color, etc) would be great as well. Also when there are more than one, give them an icon similar to when you have a rescue target or when Nekros summons up a posse.