Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Ranks?

Vogav

HEYOOO!

I was thinking, and after playing some other RPGs I got to the conclusion that we should have ranks of PVP. Like, another adjective that will be shown somewhere next to the name. The adjective changes with the numbers of kills of course :P (50 kills, 100 kills and so on).

So what do you say?

Thanks for reading this :D

Please note that if you can read, you can understand I'm not asking for leaderboards. Thank you

Edited by Smokey-HQG

Not in DS. Ranked play would completely negate the - very small - lore behind the Dark Sector PvP arenas. That is, you are fighting an enemy team for control of their stuff. That shouldn't be limited to just certain ranked people, since it's not just a clan protecting their stuff, but anyone willing to be hired by said clan.

In Conclaves... eh, SFU has that same idea. Or, something like it; I remember Lynches saying something about seasoned play. Conclaves there are already "ranked" technically; IE: by Conclave rating.

EDIT: Also, people tend to brag about anything. Ranked play would just make people even bigger braggarts. Let's not make this a Silver 1 VS Gold 3 LoL argument or something.

Edited by Kashiki

What do ranks actually mean in these conflicts?

Everyone starts unmodded, and you play most of the match unmodded.

PS

Mastery Rank means nothing at the moment.  It is a meter for who has mindlessly grinded through weapons they have no intention of using.

PvP players have been asking for a Leaderboards since the Conclaves came out. It seems that DE is not interested.

Like Auramau said, Dark Sectors PvP is completely broken right now, you shouldn't take it seriously, its not the right time for a leaderboard.

Not in DS. Ranked play would completely negate the - very small - lore behind the Dark Sector PvP arenas. That is, you are fighting an enemy team for control of their stuff. That shouldn't be limited to just certain ranked people, since it's not just a clan protecting their stuff, but anyone willing to be hired by said clan.

In Conclaves... eh, SFU has that same idea. Or, something like it; I remember Lynches saying something about seasoned play. Conclaves there are already "ranked" technically; IE: by Conclave rating.

EDIT: Also, people tend to brag about anything. Ranked play would just make people even bigger braggarts. Let's not make this a Silver 1 VS Gold 3 LoL argument or something.

I do not mean to block the use of PVP to certain ranks, I simply wanted people to have ranks (like for example from another game "Cruel", "Bloodthristy" ETC.). All I'm saying is that PVP isn't rewarding enough and that I want some ranks being added next to our name for example (like, I dunno, "veteran tenno"? I don't know). Also, referring to your "EDIT:..." line, in that other game no one was doing anything like that. But now that you mention it I do guess it was easier for that game because it is also a MMO. But still, I do wish PVP was a little more rewarding then it is right now.

PvP players have been asking for a Leaderboards since the Conclaves came out. It seems that DE is not interested.

Like Auramau said, Dark Sectors PvP is completely broken right now, you shouldn't take it seriously, its not the right time for a leaderboard.

I do not ask for leaderboards, I just simply want something to make PVP a little rewarding.

HEYOOO!

I was thinking, and after playing some other RPGs I got to the conclusion that we should have ranks of PVP. Like, another adjective that will be shown somewhere next to the name. The adjective changes with the numbers of kills of course :P (50 kills, 100 kills and so on).

So what do you say?

Thanks for reading this :D

Please note that if you can read, you can understand I'm not asking for leaderboards. Thank you

So you're saying, that you want people who spam Pentas Ogris' Etc to be grouped with eachother, and ones that dont are grouped. WHY DIDNT DE DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

So you're saying, that you want people who spam Pentas Ogris' Etc to be grouped with eachother, and ones that dont are grouped. WHY DIDNT DE DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Yea, I'm starting to find the problems in here.