Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Cut The Life Support On Earth?

DarkLordX2

Tenno don't need oxygen. They need the most trace amounts of carbon dioxide to live. Between the plants and the technology the Grineer has created to capture the carbon-dioxide, it all boils down to the flip of a switch. Sadly(or thankfully), they are unable to use it constantly, as it is a major drain on their power and therefor their cloning.

Haven't you ever wondered why the life support capsules were so small for such a large ship?

Didn't it say somewhere that Earth was so polluted and destroyed in the past that it became inhospitable?

Cause if so that'd explain the ruins and vegetation that's grown wildly. In which case I imagine they're using some sort of man made machine to project an atmosphere capable of sustaining life. Could be that they do this zone by zone. While we do survival they cut off that life supporting machine to that zone, essentially rendering it hazardous and once again, inhospitable.

I imagine it has something to do with this

1166075-mega_maid.jpg

No giant robotic maid, otherwise, I would see it from my Liset.  However, I am rather confused about how life support can be lost on Earth.  I mean, I do see trees on the tileset and trees produce O2.  Besides, these trees have been untouched (I read the lore), so they couldn't been bio-engineered

Didn't it say somewhere that Earth was so polluted and destroyed in the past that it became inhospitable?

Cause if so that'd explain the ruins and vegetation that's grown wildly. In which case I imagine they're using some sort of man made machine to project an atmosphere capable of sustaining life. Could be that they do this zone by zone. While we do survival they cut off that life supporting machine to that zone, essentially rendering it hazardous and once again, inhospitable.

Actually the grineer are trying to kill off the environment, hence the toxin injectors you see.

"You turn off nature obviously.". 

Sure, must be easy, right? Just flip this OFF switch here, why don't you?

Well yeah.

What, your off switch needs to be more complicated or something? Sounds like flawed technology if you ask me. 

How can we be sure that the life support we pick up are actually oxygen though? Even the Grineers are carry it so there might be a reason.

It's probably some orokin energy being emitted from a generator for everyone to absorb and fuel their suit with. With the generator off, you now need to steal the other units energy to refill your own and Lotus capsule are just battery packs.

I always figured that after all this fighting, all the planets have been damaged in one way or another, so maybe the air is so polluted that you can't breathe it? Maybe there's like a bubble of air generated by Life Support.

That or Tenno have serious breathing issues. I was around when Zephyr could die on Earth by hitting the skybox (too far from Earth's surface? >_<), and Tenno (for some reason) don't equip the life support found on dead enemies. Instead, they release all the air for the Tenno operative that's raiding the area, even though he should have his own source of air anyway. I swear, the Tenno's lungs are f***ed up.

Edited by Gildemesh