Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Tilesets + Art!: Eris Surface

Cloudy13

Early Access Edition of Cloudy's Unique Tileset has been updated: You can now make suggestions!

9cee27b8b2383a2b6ee3d348d04cf98b.png

Just click that little suggestion thingy, highlight a section and make an edit suggestion. 

ALSO WE ADDED MICROTRANSACTIONS. EVEN THOUGH EARLY ACCESS ISN'T FREE WE STILL WANT YOU TO SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY. ONLY $19.99 FOR ONE WORD. WHAT A DEAL!

Early Access wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and honestly I'm not very happy with Earth. But, I finished. This is probably where the community aspect comes, as I believe Earth is my worst idea yet. That's why I've enabled editing on the Doc. Feel free to fix or vandalize, your choice. :P

Say, why don't we add tileset concepts for new planets?

Ganymede? Io? Callisto? Titan? Haunea? MakeMake? Luna? Even synthetic Orokin planets?

There is a great untapped reservoir of crazy stuff in our solar system, one that even Destiny could not approach. By Jove, Warframe will be the game to do it! 

Earth with the barges and such is not that bad. The main issue is that Earth is small in terms of nodes; Earth might have to be split up into subsystems, oceans and such, to really make gains.

This is something that should be done for Mars too; keep the current nodes as the Polar cap, then have two subsystems for an Olympus Mons tileset, and maybe one for Valles Marineres.

(just the idea of a linear canyon map is very appealing)

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

Say, why don't we add tileset concepts for new planets?

Ganymede? Io? Callisto? Titan? Haunea? MakeMake? Luna? Even synthetic Orokin planets?

-rest is snipped-

That sure sounds ambitious! I can't guarantee anything, but I can surely see if I can make new tilesets for new planets once I'm done with the others. 

However, the subsystem idea does sound appealing. It would allow to pack more than one tileset into a map while still allowing good representation in missions. However, for now, only one of those subsystems is going to have a boss node. Perhaps in the future planets with subsystems have multiple bosses. The canyon does sound nice. I could perhaps turn the facilities around the mountain into a canyon instead. Though, the Caldera is almost like a circular canyon in some respects. 

But, I do like the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind once I've run out of work to do. 

1. I can't say I like the idea of the Derelicts being more infested for purely aesthetic reasons. They are easily my favourite tiles and it seems like a shame to change them very much.

How about the possibility of Orokin nanotech scrubbers that have been fighting a loosing battle for the hundreds of years it's been. It still lets the Derelicts look like they do but gives a logical reason they aren't pure biomass.

2. I like the proposed mission changes but I'm not sure I'm sold on the Rescue monster "surprise". Maybe it should only have a chance at happening instead of being every time just to keep us on our toes?

3. LOVE the Invasion ideas. I think having bosses talk to us would be great and the skybox sounds really cool. How about as an addition the boss fights alongside you during the Invasion boss battle?

Sargus Ruk: Today we dine together on the death of our enemy! Yeega takar, Tenno!

Edit: What happens to Phorid? 

Edited by ValhaHazred

I agree: DE's made some pretty unique tilesets, and your attempts to improve them kinda backfired.

I say let's not change what they've made. Make tilesets for normal planets, and perhaps even new planets, so that your creative spark shan't live in shadow.

Tiles have been moved to a Derelict Tower, keeping the Derelict as the source of invasions yet keeping my tileset ideas intact. Lephantis 2.0 still controls the Derelicts but from far away instead of being inside of the Derelict.

Well, if the ice wasteland isn't still on Europa I have a feeling they're gonna put it on another Grineer Planet instead. Not sure which, but I'm sure it's going to be something strange. Or it could just be Sedna... Then again, Ceres has liquid water. Perhaps it's another Ceres tileset... Who knows? XP

Definitely not bored with it. I'm just gearing up for classes. I assume in my extended boredom that I will have a ton of new ideas for this thread. This thread won't die, it's just on a short hiatus. :)

Also, I'm glad to hear you're making some concept art! That makes me really happy. :)

Edited by Cloudy13

• 2 weeks later...