Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Tilesets + Art!: Eris Surface

Cloudy13

The idea with Pluto is that it's a wasteland dotted with Corpus outposts. In the sky, there would be the shattered remains of a solar rail and a massive void portal. Corpus theorize this is the only way out of the Origin System and therefore wish to leave and plunder new planets in the name of profit. Massive energy rails would send Tenno between Pluto, Charon, and the rail, with trams flying across the wasteland at breakneck speeds. Very few times would Tenno be standing on solid ground. It's all a massive supply line leading to the Solar rail being rebuilt.

I never planned on removing the older maps. :)

Also, everyone. I've decided to go with Pluto. As it is the final planet, it will be heavily based arond the Void, a way to "point" players towards more content. Of course most already knew of the void. However, DE could surely turn this into an expansion of the Void itself, or even leaving the origin system (more sets for me to come up with. :))

So i wanna say great concept but taking out Jackal doesn't open up a new door for Tenno to acquire a new warframe it only change the boss and tile set for getting rhino. In my forum bout a new Volcano planet i meant a new planet so we can acquire a new warframe and have a new boss to fight i do like the concepts just wasnt what i was looking for thanks for the read though.

So i wanna say great concept but taking out Jackal doesn't open up a new door for Tenno to acquire a new warframe it only change the boss and tile set for getting rhino. In my forum bout a new Volcano planet i meant a new planet so we can acquire a new warframe and have a new boss to fight i do like the concepts just wasnt what i was looking for thanks for the read though.

Jackal isn't gone, there is also a new boss called Vulture that doesn't have drops that where specified, just "Quest Rewards".

Wow, that one ended up shorter than I thought it would be. Well, anyways here's Pluto, a day early. Sorry if it sucks, hehe. A rewrite will be in order if you guys don't like it, not all the satisfied with it at the moment but I really can't figure out why.

Neptune will be next!

Felt more creative about Neptune. So, here's Neptune. Didn't change much with the boss, for now. But I am formulating a new quest involving the assassination of a Corpus Board member. 

Holding off on Uranus until the Tyl Regor rework and the new Grineer water tileset. Next priority is probably redoing Pluto and perhaps adding a boss to Mars, considering the new Update probably won't have Nef and Derf. Might as well get my own ideas out there.

I really hope every planet will be introduced exactly how you described it, since they feel unique and there can be much more mission variety due to these different tile sets

Love the ideas and i can imagine them very well

Thank you, I hope at least some of my ideas are implemented. I understand that they can't put every idea in, but I hope this at least inspires DE to implement more tilesets and reduce the amount of Corpus Ship levels.

Another idea I have, which would work for the subnodes, would be a replacement for the rather confusing mission select screen we have. When the planet is zoomed in on, the Tenno will be given control over the planet. Rotating the planet will reveal nodes around it, some on the surface and some on the atmosphere. These nodes are connected by lines and have the same progression as the actual mission screen. The location of the node will affect the tilesets used in it.

Take Earth for example. A node over land will be in the forest tileset. A node over the water will be in the barge tileset, and around the Himalayas will be the Everest tileset. Some notes are in the atmosphere and will be held in ships.

• 1 month later...

Hello, again, all. I have returned from a long hiatus, I believe I am ready to give another go at this.

With the release of syndicates, I have rather lofty and ambitious ideas for them, along with the new Archwing. Before I begin work on this new content, I would like to request someone who is willing to 'assist' me with this thread. I am in need of a proofreader, not simply for fixing spelling mistakes and such, but to act as a second opinion for me. I am a bit self-conscious about my work, so I need a second opinion to make sure what I write down isn't complete trite. 

I'm glad to be back everyone. 

P.S. If anyone has knowledge on the Asteroid belt, and how to portray them accurately, I would like to talk to you.

I had figured you were gone because of that fact that you did not update me on the Venus picture. Glad to see you're still around. :)

Anyways, an update on what I want to do. I believe that one of the first major Expansions we can do to the Archwing is just adding more missions. While the planetary missions would stay, I would like to add a new set of 'planets' to the Solar System.

These 'planets' would be the Main Belt, the Kuiper Belt, and the Scattered Disk. I think you can see where I'm going with this. The Main Belt is home to the Grineer fleet, the Kuiper belt the Corpus, and the Scattered Disk home to the Mutalist Swarm, ships overtaken by the infested, transformed into giant, spacefaring lifeforms.

Obviously with more missions and more variety to those missions, Archwing would seem like it's actually a big part of them game and not simply a momentary distraction.