Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"no One Trusts Excalibur...maybe?" Or "a Case For Excalibur"

TheGuy08

if you say that Cal's radial blind is outshined by other cc's, man you seriously and I mean very seriously need to remake your builds. (which other cc gives you 400 % melee bonus?)

Cal is all about mobility, but mobility that can get you out of rough situations, not cheap coptering.

Besides, zephyr is a terrible team player her skills worse than useless in a team and is worth only for trolling.

Aside from the hating, the idea behind tail wind and super jump is different.

Edit: also, a frame does not need to have grotesque forms to be considered cool. Both Cal and Nyx look awesome and guess what? They do look awesome. every armor looks good on them because of that and every alt hemet they have looks cool on them.

Besides, Cal is the FIRST frame, a.k.a the Orokin (or DE) were focusing on effectiveness, not looks. Nyx is basically a female cal, so yeah

I think you should re-read what he posted, because he even said Radial blind is not outshined but simply other CC skills are more frequently used.

also to what other CC skills give a 400% melee bonus?  this bonus is only because of the temporary unawareness caused by blind that makes the enemy receive stealth damage bonus. This can also be done with Valkyrs Paralysis which FYI does not even use energy.

loki is the master race the only frame that should only be used for loki is king

loki=master race excal=peasant :D

I don't see how loki is the master race. if the only reason you are saying this is because he is invisible then that just makes him the wussy race that hides there is nothing OP about loki damage wise or surviveability wise without invisibility, infact  loki is a very squishy frame.  And for excal being pleasant. he if more survivable most frames if you know what you are doing. also for the real master races I would currently nominate Rhino, Valkyer and nyx as rhino stomp can stop anything on its tracks along with the iron skin it basically can avoid damage all together while at the same time be lethal. Valkyr is now the only immortal frame and with the new fixes its damage is considerably higher and  Nyx well, basically all you need is chaos and absorb and it will take out any enemy as enemly level doesnt matter for choas, and absobs power scales with enemy level. 

PS: as an example of how power full nyx is in the BG event im sure many of you encounterd lvl 9999 infested well 1 hit from them maxed out absorb and you could basically whipe out the entire room of lvl 9999 monsters. 

I am not saying that Excal sucks, but he needs to be brought up in line with other frames. No being a starter or the 'poster boy' does not excuse him from being tweaked and have some changes made to him. Even if he is viable in late game others do almost everything he can do much better, he needs to be given something unique to stand out.

Excalibur has a nice rear by design and that doesn't need to be elaborated on..... 

Buuuuuuuuuuuut (ha ha), I view him in the same light as other frames. Depends on the player how dull he is. I was in the middle of an Excalibrawl last night. I had Volt, and ended up with the three Excalibrothers in defense. They did surprisingly well, well two of them. Only one had the standard issue gear I think. So at least two were higher level and a choice character by the player. He might be toast, but you can still butter, peanut butter, jam, honey it up to be better than the original.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I don't see how loki is the master race. if the only reason you are saying this is because he is invisible then that just makes him the wussy race that hides there is nothing OP about loki damage wise or surviveability wise without invisibility, infact  loki is a very squishy frame.  

This makes absolutely ZERO sense. How can you say he can't do this or that without Invisibility? 

That's like me saying Rhino can't survive without Iron Skin

Or Trinity can't heal without Blessing & WoL

Or Vauban can't CC without Bastille & Vortex.

You can't take away the frame's main selling point then say they're nothing. 

If that's the case, Excalibur can't survive without Radial Blind & can't DPS without Radial Javelin. 

Edit: Loki is one of the best frames for surviving because he can go Invis for so long. That's what he does. 

Edited by Rexlars

This makes absolutely ZERO sense. How can you say he can't do this or that without Invisibility? 

That's like me saying Rhino can't survive without Iron Skin

Or Trinity can't heal without Blessing & WoL

Or Vauban can't CC without Bastille & Vortex.

You can't take away the frame's main selling point then say they're nothing. 

If that's the case, Excalibur can't survive without Radial Blind & can't DPS without Radial Javelin. 

Edit: Loki is one of the best frames for surviving because he can go Invis for so long. That's what he does. 

your are just twisting things out of proportion, but fyi rhino can survive without iron skin.  and trinity can survive without spamming blessing or WoL, 

I never said Loki wasn't a good frame I said you cant call it a master race when all it does is hide that's what doesn't make sense =)

your are just twisting things out of proportion, but fyi rhino can survive without iron skin.  and trinity can survive without spamming blessing or WoL, 

I never said Loki wasn't a good frame I said you cant call it a master race when all it does is hide that's what doesn't make sense =)

You are clearly missing the point. By a mile.

Any frame can "survive" without powers period. It's just harder. Without Stomp & Iron skin, no, Rhino cannot survive better than any other frame. Those powers are what make Rhino the "Oh **** button frame". And I also didn't say that Trinity needs Blessing & WoL to survive indicating you're definitely missing the point. I said she needs them to heal, but again, you aren't understanding what I'm saying.

Additionally, if Loki hides with Invisibility, then Rhino hides behind Iron Skin. What's the difference? 

Edited by Rexlars

And nope. Anytime somebody focuses on one ability only, they have much more room to improve as a player than they would like to admit.

When using all of his powers together with good weapon synergy and mobility, excal is almost unstoppable.

I'm sorry, when I play I rely on my weapons. I only use my power when I need to. A person who relies only on their 4 powers has much more room to improve as a player when that's all they can lean on. An Excalibur built for lethality and survivability only needs Radial Blind, but quite frankly he really doesn't even need that, as the Radial Blind is to help his team. A skilled player/Tenno doesn't even need to rely on his guns - he can survive on his sword alone - and yes, that's how I play. I only use my guns when I have to (so, when there's a shield on a door or a sentry turret or a mutalist osprey), and I only use my Radial Blind when there are overwhelming numbers of enemies, or if I need to heal a teammate who is surrounded by enemies. And because of this I rarely get downed.

I agree with you 100%. However:

Excal was my first frame. He's honestly one of my favorite frames. But mainly because he is my bottom Bee-itch, and not because he is any good. When I played through the new intro in U14, I still picked him, and for the rest of Vor's Prize I used him too. Sure he might be plain and boring, but you should look at mine now. A few color packs here, a piece of armor or two there, a pretty imortal skin to spice up the night and BAM, sexy frame is sexy. Oberon is the only frame I will run with it's deafult colors, so to say that Excal is boring cosmetically doesn't really matter when you can customize it to the fullest.

I love the super jump. I didn't use it for months because I thought it was useless then I tried it out again and I jump around like an idiot now. I still get pumped when I used his ULT, but you're right. It's just ok. It's made for beginners because let's face it, there wasn't much to choose from back then. Now with over how many frames, he's become obsolete and that's a shame. I love using him. I love the look but I can't take it on a stroll to a T3 anything when I could use Rhino or even Zephyr instead.

What the Dev's should do:

Idk change his abilities or make them stronger with more effects?

1) His Slash Dash is Basically Vergil's dash attack from Devil May Cry, but not nearly as cool or effective. Make Excal dart in a zig zag instead or target multiple enemies so instead of dashing in a straight line, he pinballs between them.

2) He should Super Jump with such a force that he knocks down everything around him. Imagine watching Neo fly for the first time: how the floor moved outward like a water drop hitting a pool and stuff blew up around him as he took off. Wouldn't you want the same thrill and giddy sensation just doing a silly jump?

3) Have his ULT change so that when it's activated, he does a sweet spiral jump, bringing in all enemies around him at his feet, so when he lands and slams his sword into the ground, it impales everything with 100% accuracy.

Wouldn't that be sweet, huh? I'm not saying do these EXACT moves or telling the Dev's how to build their frames, but I thought of each one of these improved abilities as I was writing this with no effort. Effective, powerful, and looks awesome while doing it. That's a Excal we can all trust and root for. 

Edited by chaosbleeds91

Additionally, if Loki hides with Invisibility, then Rhino hides behind Iron Skin. What's the difference? 

The difference is rhino is not hiding and uses the skill to boost its defence. which shows again you are twisting things out of proportion. and shows that you are the  one missing the point...  

yes invisibility is a good skill and loki is great for it, but again one cannot be call a master race for hiding and avoiding everything. Point being the actual master race frames deal with the enemy head on with their skill, interacting with them and surviving. not escaping detection. 

I kind of feel bad mentioning it, but I like to play my Cal Prime a lot. It's amazing how many compliments I get about how cool he looks or where they can get one. I sorta feel bad that it's an exclusive Founders-only frame. I sometimes wish others could farm him so we could have more dedicated Cal/Cal Prime players out there, but it's also nice to have something that is rare and envied by others. Whatever DE decides to do with CP's availability in the future is fine with me.

Still, stock Excalibur can be built up to closely match his Prime brother's stats, and his immortal skin is one of the best looking in the whole collection (combine with Pendragon helmet for extra swag), or use Proto armor skin if you have that for supreme badassery (I hope it makes a return to the market soon, I missed my chance last time).

The difference is rhino is not hiding and uses the skill to boost its defence. which shows again you are twisting things out of proportion. and shows that you are the  one missing the point...  

yes invisibility is a good skill and loki is great for it, but again one cannot be call a master race for hiding and avoiding everything. Point being the actual master race frames deal with the enemy head on with their skill, interacting with them and surviving. not escaping detection. 

No, Rhino is still hiding if you want to be technical about it. Hiding behind Iron Skin. Rhino's Iron Skin & Loki's Invisibility are essentially the same thing, both used for "invulnerability" in a sense. That & Invisibility is a defensive tactic. Again, you're missing the point of my original post & turning this conversation into something completely different. 

Besides, if we want to be even more technical, Invisibility take more skill to make effective as it does not negate damage. You actually have to evade. Whereas Iron Skin, you can just stand there, do nothing, & be fine. Again, making Rhino an "easy button frame". 

Also, you clearly do not understand the running gag behind the "master race" comment. The statement is not as literal as you are taking it. 

Edited by Rexlars

No, Rhino is still hiding if you want to be technical about it. Hiding behind Iron Skin. Rhino's Iron Skin & Loki's Invisibility are essentially the same thing, both used for "invulnerability" in a sense. That & Invisibility is a defensive tactic. Again, you're missing the point of my original post & turning this conversation into something completely different. 

you must not know the difference between Defensive and Evasive tactics and this argument is getting dumb so  I'm no longer part of it

I have to disagree with the look of him. 

I really like his style and he really looks badass with the proto skin. I think he might even be the best looking warframe with the proto skin. Atleast in my opinion. 

I also have the Prime Version of him^^

Too bad you can't use the Prime Helmet on his proto skin. 

But to be honest i only use a few skills in my warframes. For excalibro i basically only use his radial blind because it is a nice stun and it gives you some time if things get too hard. 

Edited by Gentlemoa

But to be honest i only use a few skills in my warframes. For loki i basically only use his radial blind because it is a nice stun and it gives you some time if things get too hard. 

Wot m8? 

I really like his style and he really looks badass with the proto skin. I think he might even be the best looking warframe with the proto skin. 

+1 I see no lies.

rwJjDSm.png

I beg to differ that he doesn't look all that great. I think he'll make a fine overlord above all your ugly frames.

LOL.

Take no offense that I just called all of the frames ugly.

Edited by Ariarch

It's kinda sad because he's among the top Soloing frames in my book. Yet in a team setting its true, they often are the ones dying.

He's incredibly powerful, very customizable, fast, durable, etc.

He is probably the ugliest creature to play with though, which is porbably the only reason I use him so infrequently.

LOL then you guys are playing with terrible players, I run Ash all the time and I never die because of one ability, freakin smoke screen, its my i win button that I can keep up for 15 secs at a time.

LOL then you guys are playing with terrible players, I run Ash all the time and I never die because of one ability, freakin smoke screen, its my i win button that I can keep up for 15 secs at a time.

Dying is the major concern.

Ash lacks CC.

Yeah I know smoke screen stuns, but that's not much.

Wot m8? 

Sorry my bad xD

Dunno how i ended up with loki, maybe because i am a bit excited to finally play him tomorrow... still need to get my rhino prime to max. 

Btw rhino prime also looks pretty nice with the rubedo skin. 

But i like Loki and Excalibro the most so far

here my design's ^^

excalbroatuq0.png

loki1guoy.png

Edited by Gentlemoa

My Loki can't really die if I use a 28 second invisibility build either. 

Throw on my pimp bow and my brakk with Suppress (lolwut) they won't even see me coming.

But I don't use that, I specc radial disarm so I either have a 10 sec invisibility with 225/213 or 5 sec invisibility with 555/213.

Yes we know Ash can't really die if you spam smoke screen and blade storm.

But the thing he lacks is CC, smoke screen is too weak of a CC to help bail out team mates in a bind.

Zephyr is in a similar boat as well, yes she has a tornado CC, but it is unreliable and affected by cool down.

But she can't really die with a proper turbulence setup and regen aura.

Edited by fatpig84

I agree with you 100%. However:

Excal was my first frame. He's honestly one of my favorite frames. But mainly because he is my bottom Bee-itch, and not because he is any good. When I played through the new intro in U14, I still picked him, and for the rest of Vor's Prize I used him too. Sure he might be plain and boring, but you should look at mine now. A few color packs here, a piece of armor or two there, a pretty imortal skin to spice up the night and BAM, sexy frame is sexy. Oberon is the only frame I will run with it's deafult colors, so to say that Excal is boring cosmetically doesn't really matter when you can customize it to the fullest.

I love the super jump. I didn't use it for months because I thought it was useless then I tried it out again and I jump around like an idiot now. I still get pumped when I used his ULT, but you're right. It's just ok. It's made for beginners because let's face it, there wasn't much to choose from back then. Now with over how many frames, he's become obsolete and that's a shame. I love using him. I love the look but I can't take it on a stroll to a T3 anything when I could use Rhino or even Zephyr instead.

What the Dev's should do:

Idk change his abilities or make them stronger with more effects?

1) His Slash Dash is Basically Vergil's dash attack from Devil May Cry, but not nearly as cool or effective. Make Excal dart in a zig zag instead or target multiple enemies so instead of dashing in a straight line, he pinballs between them.

2) He should Super Jump with such a force that he knocks down everything around him. Imagine watching Neo fly for the first time: how the floor moved outward like a water drop hitting a pool and stuff blew up around him as he took off. Wouldn't you want the same thrill and giddy sensation just doing a silly jump?

3) Have his ULT change so that when it's activated, he does a sweet spiral jump, bringing in all enemies around him at his feet, so when he lands and slams his sword into the ground, it impales everything with 100% accuracy.

Wouldn't that be sweet, huh? I'm not saying do these EXACT moves or telling the Dev's how to build their frames, but I thought of each one of these improved abilities as I was writing this with no effort. Effective, powerful, and looks awesome while doing it. That's a Excal we can all trust and root for. 

for the first one, i feel like the straight line should stay. its become a staple in his mobility and is simpler for new player to use. not to say it can't use a buff, but the straight line is fine as it is i think. ("my opinion")

the super jump one....i think could work actually. too many beginner players, (myself included when i was a beginner) found this move waay to lack luster, even though now i DO use it for mobility reasons. adding a small AoE might spice it up, and make it more appealing, and for the experienced players, eh, we still use it for mobility!

3: keeping radial javelin at it is i think. i don't think you mentioned the casting time at all, but i actually appreciate the reset animation. its basically teaching new player to be careful and not spam the ult, because if you do it at the wrong time, you'll leave yourself open. and to be honest, i think more ults should have that, to keep people from just punching 4, (I'm a ps4 user but whatever, punching your duly assigned ult button.)

I don't know why, but my Excalibur's got a special place in my heart. He's actually a really good 'Frame stats-wise, and since I don't really care about abilities, I couldn't care less about how 'underpowered' Excalibro's abilities are. He's tanky enough, and is also moderately fast. If you mod him without abilities in mind and give him a good gun, he can be a very good overall tank and weapons damage-dealer.

I've Forma'd my Excal with a Defence-polarity slot, and he's pretty darn tanky now. Fast, too!

I love him.